• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Angels and Demons

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Anyone else seen it yet? How would you type the characters? To anyone who read the book, how do the characters differ in the movie?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Langdon: xNTx? Maybe INFJ. Have only seen a trailer, but saw the first one and read Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i saw it on premiere night. i'm not going to type the characters because they simply don't interest me enough. it doesn't seem like they were the focus of the movie; and as i haven't read the book, i don't think i could give off proper analysis of them.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm....

Langdon: INTP
Vittoria: Not really developed enough to tell. ESTP?
The Camerlengo: ENFJ

I don't think reading the book gives you that much better an idea of the characters' types, for what it's worth.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
No real Angels or Demons.

False advertising. hmph!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I read the book last fall/late summer, and it was brilliant. Not saying I necessarily believe all of it, but the speculation is genius. I loved it more than the DaVinci Code, which I've also read.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I should be getting around to it as soon as I have some time on my hands. From the book, alone, Langdon strikes me as an INTP, no doubt. I don't know about the movie, as Tom Hanks' personality will probably seep through and I don't think he's an INTP.

edit:
Vittoria: strikes me as an ENFP
Chamerlengo: ENFJ

S

Sniffles

Anyone else seen it yet?

No I haven't, and I have no real intention of doing so. The Da Vinci Code was utter garbage, and I'm quite surprised so much controversy was stirred up over it.

To all Christians who were concerned about the film: if anyone is so weak in their faith that this piece of crap could cause doubt in them, well then we're probably better off without them.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
No I haven't, and I have no real intention of doing so. The Da Vinci Code was utter garbage, and I'm quite surprised so much controversy was stirred up over it.

To all Christians who were concerned about the film: if anyone is so weak in their faith that this piece of crap could cause doubt in them, well then we're probably better off without them.

Yeah it's as realistic as a cartoon, but the stories are entertaining. The movie version of da vinci code was crap, though the book was good imo. The reason i saw A&D was because I tend to like the movies of Hanks and McGregor.

That being said, A&D is markedly less anti-christian then the da vinci code.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I saw it on Sunday! It was entertaining (but not really a movie that would make any sense on rewatch). But most effective antagonist (the hitman) I've seen in forever. The poor cops were dropping like flies! But seriously, least logical evil plan ever. What? The Carmelengo planned all along that Robert Langdon would find the antimatter just in time for him to do a magnificent helicopter rescue (and planned that he would survive the parachute antics?... and that he was gonna brand himself and blame it on... someone who just jumped out the window?). Movie would've been awesomer if the Carmelengo *was* Illuminati and had to reveal himself to help stop the "bomb". See, that sort of makes sense. But I did appreciate that his speech about how a bunch of old guys cloistered in their little bubble are just the "common folk" was undone by how crazy he was.

And where was the clue-following? Langdon was hardly a presence in a movie where he was the main character. No one to root for.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've seen both movies and books and Angels and Demons is the better of both.
Movie was really good (worth seeing unlike the other) and the books insanely good.
Da Vince Code is a good read as well though the movie sucked. Never seen why it caused so much fuss though as none of it actually seemed to completely contradict part of the bible just add to it.

Robert Langdon Is either an INTP or an INFJ. Clearly good Ti and strong intuition. Guessing by his hopelessness with female characters and his love of knowledge and the sheer amount he knows.
Not sure bout other characters as i ain't read the books for a year or so.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
No I haven't, and I have no real intention of doing so.

this piece of crap

:nerd:

Never read the book, but watched the movie. I enjoyed it kinda, but wouldn't really be able to explain why exactly considering I would consider no one aspect of the movie great in itself.

The pacing was all weird, as was the premise. The characters were all kinda understated but I must say I liked Ewan McGregor's character somewhat. Subtle evil. Kinda.

I guess it earns points for the scenarios, and it was fun for some of the historical facts too.But I agree with Colors...what was this guy thinking anyway?