User Tag List

First 23456 Last

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Merged a bunch of threads into this one.

Also I really need to start watching this. Anyone have favorite episodes to start with?

@Showbread
    Tbh just start from the beginning! :p It's all good, although I remember the first time I watched the first episode it took me days to complete because I hadn't watched any comedies in that style before, but after that episode I loved the rest. Comedies aren't too long either which is always a plus.

I loved season 2 though, I always remember the season opening where Leslie did that rap when Ron needed to tell her something urgent :')
    Likes chickpea, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Merged a bunch of threads into this one.

Also I really need to start watching this. Anyone have favorite episodes to start with?

@Showbread
    I would start either somewhere in Season 1 or 2, definitely watch the pilot first just to get an intro to the characters. After that you can skip around. Seasons 3-4 are my favorites. Episodes: "Pawnee Zoo," "Ron and Tammy," and "94 Meetings" are all great Season 2 episodes. "Flu Season" is one of my all time favorites, I think it's Season 3...

If you start watching you should send me an obnoxious number of PMs/FB messages. It's literally my favorite my show.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC, BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

any episode with Ron and Tammy is the best IMO. Or Ron as Duke Silver.
    Likes Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The general consensus is that the show didn't get really good until Season 2, and I tend to agree. But at least the first season is short. Only six episodes.

Still, the first season had some great moments. I love the part in the first episode where Andy tells Ann, "Hey, if you're going to the kitchen anyway, could you make me some pancakes real quick?" My roommate and I are always saying that to each other.

I think it really hit its true comedic stride when Adam Scott and Rob Lowe joined the cast. Ben and Chris are such great characters. Paul Schneider didn't contribute much, in my opinion.

your resident asshole

I really have absolutely no idea why I'm seeing some posts in here with Leslie being a perceiver or an introvert. N/S for her may be debateable, but the other letters are extremely obvious.

My thoughts...

Leslie - ENFJ
    Ron - ISTJ
    Andy - ESFP
    April - INFP
    Ben - IsTJ (I'm having a difficult time with this considering how Ron and Ben aren't that similar)
    Tom - ENtP
    Donna - EStP
    Gary/Jerry/Terry/Larry - ISFJ
    Chris - ESFJ
    Tammy - ENTj

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I really have absolutely no idea why I'm seeing some posts in here with Leslie being a perceiver or an introvert. N/S for her may be debateable, but the other letters are extremely obvious.

My thoughts...

Leslie - ENFJ
    Ron - ISTJ
    Andy - ESFP
    April - INFP
    Ben - IsTJ (I'm having a difficult time with this considering how Ron and Ben aren't that similar)
    Tom - ENtP
    Donna - EStP
    Gary/Jerry/Terry/Larry - ISFJ
    Chris - ESFJ
    Tammy - ENTj
    I think Ron's an ISTP... And IsTJ for Ben, maybe even leaning towards N.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Ben's an INTP with his shit together. There aren't many of us. I'm not one of them.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Studmuffin23, laterlazer, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't know about Ron being a sensor. Nick Offerman's acting certainly gives that impression, but mostly because the man is a major sensor himself.

Ron Swanson is super-passionate about abstract ideals and political philosophies, looking down on people who don't share the same views. When given the chance, Ron tries to evangelize his ideals to other people. Everything he does is rooted in abstract ideologies.

I'd probably go with INTJ for Swanson.

MBTI
    INfP

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    I don't know about Ron being a sensor. Nick Offerman's acting certainly gives that impression, but mostly because the man is a major sensor himself.

Ron Swanson is super-passionate about abstract ideals and political philosophies, looking down on people who don't share the same views. When given the chance, Ron tries to evangelize his ideals to other people. Everything he does is rooted in abstract ideologies.

I'd probably go with INTJ for Swanson.
    Sensors can be passionate about their values. Ron is not super imaginative, head-in-the-clouds, or future-focused; he is usually down-to-earth, sensible, and pragmatic. ISTJ or maybe ISTP for him IMO.
    Likes Studmuffin23, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by big sexy View Post
    Sensors can be passionate about their values. Ron is not super imaginative, head-in-the-clouds, or future-focused; he is usually down-to-earth, sensible, and pragmatic. ISTJ or maybe ISTP for him IMO.
    Do sensors have values? Yes, I won't argue with that. But do sensors have abstract ideals? No. And that's what Ron is most passionate about.

Ron Swanson's ideals are abstractions, such as capitalism and "manliness".

I might add that your intuitive traits are mostly limited to NP types. NJs are a much different story (one could easily describe them as pragmatic and sensible).