• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jason Bourne

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
He's not ISTJ or ISTP. They messed with his head. He is ISTJ and ISTP. You'd have massive headaches too if you were ISTJ and ISTP at the same time.

lol

Actually if I were to guess I'd say he was an INTJ before and had to become an ISTP.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always thought of him as an archetypal INTJ. If you watch the movies carefully, you can see his continual use of Ni to anticipate what's about to happen and what resources he'll need to deal with it.

For example, in one scene he walks through a store picking up items seemingly at random. In the scenes that follow, he uses each item in very specific ways to overcome his enemies/pursuers/obstacles. He is always planning ahead - when he enters a building, he has already planned out several escape routes in case he should he need them. He grasp of strategic thinking verges on the superhuman - which I guess was the purpose of the intense training/brainwashing procedure he was subjected to.

He also behaves like every INTJ I've ever known. His Te function quickly grasps the "rules" or framework of any situation he finds himself in, which enables his Ni to subvert, bend, abuse or redefine those rules, or to simply step outside the frame altogether and do something incredibly bold and outrageous, that no-one would expect.

He has a strong core of moral values which act as his guiding compass; this could be seen as an INTJ's tertiary Fi function in action. His inferior Se seems surprisingly well-developed, but he mostly uses it to observe, use and abuse his immediate environment in combat situations, often with extreme violence.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always thought of him as an archetypal INTJ. If you watch the movies carefully, you can see his continual use of Ni to anticipate what's about to happen and what resources he'll need to deal with it.

For example, in one scene he walks through a store picking up items seemingly at random. In the scenes that follow, he uses each item in very specific ways to overcome his enemies/pursuers/obstacles. He is always planning ahead - when he enters a building, he has already planned out several escape routes in case he should he need them. He grasp of strategic thinking verges on the superhuman - which I guess was the purpose of the intense training/brainwashing procedure he was subjected to.

He also behaves like every INTJ I've ever known. His Te function quickly grasps the "rules" or framework of any situation he finds himself in, which enables his Ni to subvert, bend, abuse or redefine those rules, or to simply step outside the frame altogether and do something incredibly bold and outrageous, that no-one would expect.

He has a strong core of moral values which act as his guiding compass; this could be seen as an INTJ's tertiary Fi function in action. His inferior Se seems surprisingly well-developed, but he mostly uses it to observe, use and abuse his immediate environment in combat situations, often with extreme violence.

Yeah, definilty an INTJ or ISTJ.
See, he's got training. It makes it hard to determine what his real type is. Everything that he does the build into you. Anticipation, Flexibility, etc. In some parts where you might think he uses Ni it's just his training kicking in. He knows what to look for and how to interpret it. I can see based on the explaination above of Apollanaut how he would be either type. P is a possibility but if he ever were a P at some point his training overrides it quite a bit.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
So I decided to watch the Bourne movies again. Watched The Bourne Identity last night.

If he's INTJ, then he's using a hell of a lot of Se. This wouldn't be a comfortable state for a normal INTJ. An INTJ with a huge amount of physical training could work that way. The physical/tactical training would replace the normally weak drive to action, and allow action to become an immediate response.

And he has short hair.

But I saw him raise his voice.

And he seems to have no sense of the absurd.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I decided to watch the Bourne movies again. Watched The Bourne Identity last night.

If he's INTJ, then he's using a hell of a lot of Se. This wouldn't be a comfortable state for a normal INTJ. An INTJ with a huge amount of physical training could work that way. The physical/tactical training would replace the normally weak drive to action, and allow action to become an immediate response.

And he has short hair.

But I saw him raise his voice.

And he seems to have no sense of the absurd.

Yeah, I concur about the Se.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
He's an ISTJ. Planning all those escapades like he does.

deleted
I agree on the STJ. I think his intuition is somewhat higher than feeling, closer to sensing, so I'm going for ESTJ. It's hard to tell if he's a true introvert or extrovert in the movie.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I personally agree that he is INTJ. He does have well developed Se but before he enters a situation he plans what improvisations he may need to make, as was detailed by Apollonaut. It's been a while since I saw the movies, but he seems very Fi driven, to find out who he really is, and uses a lot of Ni in search of this. Didn't he have a clue map made up of his life and the people he had to deal with?

It is difficult to tell sometimes, because he is skilled in such a large variety of areas, but overall I think he prefers planning. It's just that he has to improvise a lot due to complications and uses a combination of Ni and Se to do that. Note that he often prepares for these complications, and they try to take advantage of a situation, only to realise he was already taking care of what they were about to do.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
He's an ISTJ. Not an ISTP, and I don't see N at all. Compare him to Daniel Craig's James Bond. Bourne is way too serious, and not laid back at all. Bond has kind of an easy going smooth way of doing things, almost like he enjoys it. Everything Bourne does is just cause he has to. His job definitely seems fit for an ISTP, but he's really just a highly trained ISTJ. Also, I don't think an ISTP, or an INTJ for that matter would have the kind of moral break down that Bourne did in the first film.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
img_movie_Bourne_Supremacy.jpg

What type is he?
Probably ISTJ or INTJ.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Like a lot of these types of guys. I think ISTP. A very well trained ISTP.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I always thought J.Bourne was a classic ISTP character. ISTJs with good Ne can be good at improvising, but Bourne improvises like there's no tomorrow, and has a killer sense of environmental awareness. His sense of planning is normally tied into what brings him the most opportunities for a quick reaction (Se); INTJs like to take their time and plan for the far distant future, the end-point, instead. He uses and discards his plans very easily, signifying that he's probably an ISTP. Short-range planning is Bourne's expertise. Very tactical, clever and completely hands-on. Talk about using the environment as your main weapon.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I always thought J.Bourne was a classic ISTP character. ISTJs with good Ne can be good at improvising, but Bourne improvises like there's no tomorrow, and has a killer sense of environmental awareness. His sense of planning is normally tied into what brings him the most opportunities for a quick reaction (Se); INTJs like to take their time and plan for the far distant future, the end-point, instead. He uses and discards his plans very easily, signifying that he's probably an ISTP. Short-range planning is Bourne's expertise. Very tactical, clever and completely hands-on. Talk about using the environment as your main weapon.

I guess I will have to watch again, but I thought he seemed more INTJ, but with well-developed Se. He seems Fi driven, with pretty much no Fe, and his Ni and Te I think go quite well into planning and mapping out the environment. I don't see much Ti in him, which is the ISTPs primary. I'll have to rewatch, but I swear I remember some long-range planning as well...

KDude

I guess I will have to watch again, but I thought he seemed more INTJ, but with well-developed Se. He seems Fi driven, with pretty much no Fe, and his Ni and Te I think go quite well into planning and mapping out the environment. I don't see much Ti in him, which is the ISTPs primary. I'll have to rewatch, but I swear I remember some long-range planning as well...

It's rare that you would see "Fe" in an ISTP anyways. I mean, it's not always noticable Fe in the way it sounds like you're indicating. If anything they often reroute what they're concerned about on that level and indirectly express it in Se and Ti ways. i.e. The friend or parent who may be short on words, but takes on some problem as if it's his own.

That said, I don't know what Bourne's type is.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
It's rare that you would see "Fe" in an ISTP anyways. I mean, it's not always noticable Fe in the way it sounds like you're indicating. If anything they often reroute what they're concerned about on that level and indirectly express it in Se and Ti ways. i.e. The friend or parent who may be short on words, but takes on some problem as if it's his own.

That said, I don't know what Bourne's type is.

Well, yeah, I know there's not much Fe in ISTPs. I was mainly just saying about the fact that he seems rather Fi, and Te over Ti.

Probabilist

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Jason Bourne is an ISTJ. ( INTJ is also possible but not probable)

What he does is NOT improvising , CIA has taught him everything , they have shown him all the possible scenarios in that program (I think it's name was Treadstone) he has learnt how to get away from the authorities because CIA needed him to do their dirty stuffs around the world but they didn't think one day he would use his skills against themselves.

Bourne was REALLY loyal before the program , a complete patriot , also just compare him to James Bond (A real ISTP) , Bond literally lives at the moment , when he is fighting bad guys , he is also flirting with some girl , that is extroverted sensation , getting every possible outcome from the moment , not just the tactical outcome. That is a misconception about Se and it's the reason all the action heroes and even some obvious intuitive geniuses (Like Patrick Jane or BBC sherlock Holmes) are being mistyped as ISTP .

Bond's inferior Fe is obvious whenever he gets manipulated by a girl. But as you can see in Bourne's identity , his interactions with Marie and eventually loving her is a great example of his Fi.

Now i say that INTJ is not probable because He still works within the same framework that has been taught to him , in all the four movies , he doesn't change his ways and even in the last movie he still has the same style as the first movie , that is Si.