User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Jason Bourne

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    He's not ISTJ or ISTP. They messed with his head. He is ISTJ and ISTP. You'd have massive headaches too if you were ISTJ and ISTP at the same time.
    lol

Actually if I were to guess I'd say he was an INTJ before and had to become an ISTP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I've always thought of him as an archetypal INTJ. If you watch the movies carefully, you can see his continual use of Ni to anticipate what's about to happen and what resources he'll need to deal with it.

For example, in one scene he walks through a store picking up items seemingly at random. In the scenes that follow, he uses each item in very specific ways to overcome his enemies/pursuers/obstacles. He is always planning ahead - when he enters a building, he has already planned out several escape routes in case he should he need them. He grasp of strategic thinking verges on the superhuman - which I guess was the purpose of the intense training/brainwashing procedure he was subjected to.

He also behaves like every INTJ I've ever known. His Te function quickly grasps the "rules" or framework of any situation he finds himself in, which enables his Ni to subvert, bend, abuse or redefine those rules, or to simply step outside the frame altogether and do something incredibly bold and outrageous, that no-one would expect.

He has a strong core of moral values which act as his guiding compass; this could be seen as an INTJ's tertiary Fi function in action. His inferior Se seems surprisingly well-developed, but he mostly uses it to observe, use and abuse his immediate environment in combat situations, often with extreme violence.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I've always thought of him as an archetypal INTJ. If you watch the movies carefully, you can see his continual use of Ni to anticipate what's about to happen and what resources he'll need to deal with it.

For example, in one scene he walks through a store picking up items seemingly at random. In the scenes that follow, he uses each item in very specific ways to overcome his enemies/pursuers/obstacles. He is always planning ahead - when he enters a building, he has already planned out several escape routes in case he should he need them. He grasp of strategic thinking verges on the superhuman - which I guess was the purpose of the intense training/brainwashing procedure he was subjected to.

He also behaves like every INTJ I've ever known. His Te function quickly grasps the "rules" or framework of any situation he finds himself in, which enables his Ni to subvert, bend, abuse or redefine those rules, or to simply step outside the frame altogether and do something incredibly bold and outrageous, that no-one would expect.

He has a strong core of moral values which act as his guiding compass; this could be seen as an INTJ's tertiary Fi function in action. His inferior Se seems surprisingly well-developed, but he mostly uses it to observe, use and abuse his immediate environment in combat situations, often with extreme violence.
    Yeah, definilty an INTJ or ISTJ.
    See, he's got training. It makes it hard to determine what his real type is. Everything that he does the build into you. Anticipation, Flexibility, etc. In some parts where you might think he uses Ni it's just his training kicking in. He knows what to look for and how to interpret it. I can see based on the explaination above of Apollanaut how he would be either type. P is a possibility but if he ever were a P at some point his training overrides it quite a bit.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    INTJ

So I decided to watch the Bourne movies again. Watched The Bourne Identity last night.

If he's INTJ, then he's using a hell of a lot of Se. This wouldn't be a comfortable state for a normal INTJ. An INTJ with a huge amount of physical training could work that way. The physical/tactical training would replace the normally weak drive to action, and allow action to become an immediate response.

And he has short hair.

But I saw him raise his voice.

And he seems to have no sense of the absurd.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    So I decided to watch the Bourne movies again. Watched The Bourne Identity last night.

If he's INTJ, then he's using a hell of a lot of Se. This wouldn't be a comfortable state for a normal INTJ. An INTJ with a huge amount of physical training could work that way. The physical/tactical training would replace the normally weak drive to action, and allow action to become an immediate response.

And he has short hair.

But I saw him raise his voice.

And he seems to have no sense of the absurd.
    Yeah, I concur about the Se.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    I

He's an ISTJ. Planning all those escapades like he does.

deleted

I agree on the STJ. I think his intuition is somewhat higher than feeling, closer to sensing, so I'm going for ESTJ. It's hard to tell if he's a true introvert or extrovert in the movie.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I personally agree that he is INTJ. He does have well developed Se but before he enters a situation he plans what improvisations he may need to make, as was detailed by Apollonaut. It's been a while since I saw the movies, but he seems very Fi driven, to find out who he really is, and uses a lot of Ni in search of this. Didn't he have a clue map made up of his life and the people he had to deal with?

It is difficult to tell sometimes, because he is skilled in such a large variety of areas, but overall I think he prefers planning. It's just that he has to improvise a lot due to complications and uses a combination of Ni and Se to do that. Note that he often prepares for these complications, and they try to take advantage of a situation, only to realise he was already taking care of what they were about to do.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

He's an ISTJ. Not an ISTP, and I don't see N at all. Compare him to Daniel Craig's James Bond. Bourne is way too serious, and not laid back at all. Bond has kind of an easy going smooth way of doing things, almost like he enjoys it. Everything Bourne does is just cause he has to. His job definitely seems fit for an ISTP, but he's really just a highly trained ISTJ. Also, I don't think an ISTP, or an INTJ for that matter would have the kind of moral break down that Bourne did in the first film.

MBTI
    ISTx

ISTJ