• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tony Stark (Iron Man)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

After watching the Iron Man movies. I'm saying that that version is ESTP.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
In The Avengers movie, I thought the Four Temperaments were as follows:

Thor = Artisan
Steve Rogers/Captain America = Guardian
Tony Stark/Iron Man = Rational (yes, most likely ENTP)
Bruce Banner/Hulk = Idealist

I noted the interaction between Stark and Banner in The Avengers, that they were both the "abstractoids" of the group and how they don't click nearly as well with Thor and Captain America.

I think that the movie's interpretation of the four characters matched up uncannily well with Keirsey's temperaments in particular compared to other stories that use some form of the four temperamental humors. Perhaps the filmmakers read PUM II?

Yes, it was true to cognitive functions as well. Tony Stark had Ne<Ti and Captain America had Si<Fe and those are totally opposite cognitive functions. I found it very true to Jungian theory that they didn't get along worth a damn

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Interesting, if Banner's an NF, what type would he be? I completely agree on the other 3, btw.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is Captain America ISTJ? He seemed more Fe to me.

Definite introvert. Naturally gravitates to leadership role. Strong orientation towards tradition. ISFJs do not gravitate towards leadership roles - especially with such an unruly group as the rest of the avengers. I see Fi and not Fe - driven by very strong internal moral principles.

The military has a very high percentage ISTJs by the way.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Definite introvert. Naturally gravitates to leadership role. Strong orientation towards tradition. ISFJs do not gravitate towards leadership roles - especially with such an unruly group as the rest of the avengers. I see Fi and not Fe - driven by very strong internal moral principles.

The military has a very high percentage ISTJs by the way.

But what about when he was talking to Tony Stark in the movie about how he was so selfish and then said something to the affect of "self-sacrificing" as well. That seemed so much more Fe to me. I mean I could see him as either, but he seemed more ISFJ to me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But what about when he was talking to Tony Stark in the movie about how he was so selfish and then said something to the affect of "self-sacrificing" as well. That seemed so much more Fe to me. I mean I could see him as either, but he seemed more ISFJ to me.

It's a good illustration of those very strong values or internal principles that are characteristic of Fi. I don't see this as being Fe necessarily at all.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's a good illustration of those very strong values or internal principles that are characteristic of Fi. I don't see this as being Fe necessarily at all.

You don't see self-sacrificing as Fe?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't see self-sacrificing as Fe?

Not really.

It is true that some Fe types can demonstrate this behavior - like ISFJs who are one of the best examples. You could even say it is a driving force in their personality. They are Fe auxiliary though.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Not really.

It is true that some Fe types can demonstrate this behavior - like ISFJs who are one of the best examples. You could even say it is a driving force in their personality. They are Fe auxiliary though.

So what you are saying is that this is more typical of an Fe dom than an Fe aux?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what you are saying is that this is more typical of an Fe dom than an Fe aux?

I just don't know that it's either - you're connecting the characteristic with Fe and I don't know if that's right.

For example, as an INTJ, I throw myself under the bus for others in important ways at times. The first time I recall doing this in a big way was when I was 21. That is self sacrificing behavior and I'm Fi tertiary. It has to do with commitment and loyalty to others and/or to principles. It's not Fe at all.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I just don't know that it's either - you're connecting the characteristic with Fe and I don't know if that's right.

For example, as an INTJ, I throw myself under the bus for others in important ways at times. The first time I recall doing this in a big way was when I was 21. That is self sacrificing behavior and I'm Fi tertiary. It has to do with commitment and loyalty to others and/or to principles. It's not Fe at all.

I thought Fe was known for the self-sacrificing behavior?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought Fe was known for the self-sacrificing behavior?

I don't think so. Are there any published materials that state this? I don't recall seeing it.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't think so. Are there any published materials that state this? I don't recall seeing it.

I've read a lot of talk about this several forums. I think I will make a thread about this, just to find out.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

true, for when it is a serious matter, anything else seems trivial.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Estj who putz on entp persona

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP. He never shows any sign of Ni.