• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tony Stark (Iron Man)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Came across this, and became more alive.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xyDyDfOlHc&feature=related"]Iron Man, Season 2 - Opening Theme.[/YOUTUBE]

... Damn, the memories!!!

Tony Stark, especially in the Iron Man series is simply amazing - head of his own cooperate, Stark Enterprises and is Iron Man. Gets me a little envious, to be honest.

So, what do you think his personality type is? My best guess is ENTJ, otherwise the options are various. Compare him to the one in the movie, also.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was told he was ESTJ, but I think he is more entj, I've been wondering this though.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the comics, Tony Stark is usually written as an archetypal ENTP (The Inventor). Like ESTPs, ENTPs often use their tertiary Fe function to charm and influence others. Tony Stark is a famous playboy who uses his charm to seduce numerous women.

Occasionally he is portrayed as a take-charge ENTJ instead - especially in the Avengers comic, where he is a founder member.

Robert Downey Jr's portrayal of him in the first Iron Man movie was classic ENTP. Overall I'd say Tony Stark fits the ENTP profile more than ENTJ. He is definitely not a Sensing type - he often refers to himself as a "futurist".

EricHanson

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tony Stark (Iron Man) - Quintessential ENTP?

Do find Tony Stark, from the movies, to be the quintessential ENTP? There are a number of obvious reasons why one would think so, no?

What then do you think would pepper potts be?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
He's an ENTP 3 poster child. Pepper Pots is like ISFJ or ISTJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I don't think Tony's really in doubt. I think Elfboy's got a point with the 7w8 too. I go back and forth for Pepper, but I'd agree with the ISxJ; I lean more T, but she's definitely got some relational approaches that one side of the ISTJ female spectrum might not indulge in.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Inherently and definitively I wouldn't disagree that someone of ENTP type (3w/4) aligns with this character..Tony Stark, almost totally. On many levels..quickly inventing, re-working mechanical apparatuses beta-style, innovation..thirst for knowledge, creating whole new things out of inspiration using prior art to move the envelope forward in advancement of technologies, pushing oneself to success rather than feeling like a failure for not doing so (3w/4). He's independent, a free-thinker, yet somewhat traditionally minded in keeping the same philosophy his dad had towards designs at Stark Industries, as you'll see in a moment in the clip..

Tony Stark: They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

He is enthusiastic, has a mind and temperament and drive for efficiency in his work and designs. He is friendly and loves to have fun. And he's willing and ready to efficiently vanish an enemy as you could imagine, quoted in this clip "..if given the chance.."
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBC1Qob27sM&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Ladies and Gentlemen, For Your Consideration...The Jericho[/YOUTUBE]
Pepper Potts seems like perhaps an ISFJ 1w/9. She cares for Tony and in areas he sometimes doesn't have it all together. She is subtle in the way she cares for him both in business and personally.
:D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In The Avengers movie, I thought the Four Temperaments were as follows:

Thor = Artisan
Steve Rogers/Captain America = Guardian
Tony Stark/Iron Man = Rational (yes, most likely ENTP)
Bruce Banner/Hulk = Idealist

I noted the interaction between Stark and Banner in The Avengers, that they were both the "abstractoids" of the group and how they don't click nearly as well with Thor and Captain America.

I think that the movie's interpretation of the four characters matched up uncannily well with Keirsey's temperaments in particular compared to other stories that use some form of the four temperamental humors. Perhaps the filmmakers read PUM II?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
3 w 2 had to be his image fix then. I'm pretty sure of that.

He seems somewhat more professional (3w/4) than charming (3w/2), to me. He does have charm. He could be either.

I could relate and have tested as both. Been told I'm both.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

He's definitely Sp though and generally doesn't express sx except with the journalist from Brown and seems very kept-to-himself.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm gonna have to weigh in with ENTP 7w8 sx/so

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
He seems somewhat more professional (3w/4) than charming (3w/2), to me. He does have charm. He could be either.

I could relate and have tested as both. Been told I'm both.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

He's definitely Sp though and generally doesn't express sx except with the journalist from Brown and seems very kept-to-himself.

Yes, I'm glad you also agree that he is SP/SO. Also, I agree that he could also be 3 w 4.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Tony Stark is the poster child for the ENTP stereotype. Moreso, really, than any other fictional character.