• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hating a character or celebrity

deleted
Have you ever watched a TV show and completely disliked a character to where the point you would actually start appreciating the other characters of the show for relative reasons, or even just stop watching the show? Now, was this character an MBTI type that you disliked in real life, or was there any kind of correlation to your values seen in the character reflected upon MBTI? I'm interested to know if ideas of characters aid your typing intuition.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really disliked Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation. His episodes are interesting... However his character severely bothers me, like with how life is a game to him. Etc. He gets typed as ENTP... And yeah.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Kelly from The Office. I want to shoot her in the FACE! I think she is an ESFJ but she could be an ESFP. Both types are a hit or a miss for me in real life.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i have weird feelings about Richard Hatch (Tom Zarek BTG) ever since the original series where he played appollo ... some childhood trauma about a lookalike who might have bullied me, i guess, can't remember that one.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy. I never liked the show, but I loathe that character. Unhealthy ESFJ, or something? I can't fathom how the character has any friends and/or romantic possibilities. The epitome of self-absorption.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I really dislike Robespierre, as portrayed by Hippolyte Taine. That almost made me a reactionary. I don't know what was his type, but certainly anyone who could be protrayed in such a light...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Monique and her daughter from the upn 13 show
William H. Macy

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Have you ever watched a TV show and completely disliked a character

Any may say some people in his life he most disliked and those whom he most liked. The same way any may say some celebs from one and from other pole of sympathy. Sometimes people do not wish to think about such poles, even do not confess themself that there are such, but they are. Jungian type is one of factors influencing on sympathy. It's rather strong factor I suppose, when a man have a deal with somebody in long, close, informal, more free and spontaneous environment.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
with tv shows, it's possible that the show/concept/script are the actual cause of the hate.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ughh...that guy from csi miami!! he drives me bonkers!!!

i have no clue what his type would be but doubt my dislike for him has anything to do with it. it's the way he talks that i hate so much.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I really cannot stand the personalities of Colbert and Stewart, despite the fact that I find the jokes relatively humorous. They are so irritating from a delivery standpoint it sucks. I loved when Lewis Black was on the show as a guest. They are both just too loud and absurd, and animated for me. Which is odd because I like when Lewis Black starts seizing on stage.

I have no idea what is about them. And no, it's not because I'm relatively conservative. I think the jokes are funny, the personas they give off are dumb and silly.

ughh...that guy from csi miami!! he drives me bonkers!!!

i have no clue what his type would be but doubt my dislike for him has anything to do with it. it's the way he talks that i hate so much.

YES!!!! Horatio? Is that his name in the show? So smug, can't stand him. Worst character ever. However, Jeff Goldblum has finally made me a watcher of those crime shows. How can you not love Jeff Goldblum!?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you ever watched a TV show and completely disliked a character to where the point you would actually start appreciating the other characters of the show for relative reasons, or even just stop watching the show? Now, was this character an MBTI type that you disliked in real life, or was there any kind of correlation to your values seen in the character reflected upon MBTI? I'm interested to know if ideas of characters aid your typing intuition.

I usually dislike or am highly irritated by characters whose traits would bother me/infringe on me in real life.

I really dislike Hugo on LOST. I'd probably have a similar reaction to him as Miles does.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and that red headed comedian girl...what's her name? griffith?? or gifford?? or something?? she ruins any scene in any show she's in for me...can't stand her!!

kathy lee or kellie lee??

juggernaut

Permabanned
David Caruso...AND the horrid character he plays on that stupid CSI show. Why the hell does it take him 20 minutes to string three words together? and why can't he look directly at the people he's talking to? Friggin' weirdo.

Last edited:

juggernaut

Permabanned
I would put angelina ho'-lie on that planet. :D She irritates me to no end. The only thing she was moderately good in was Girl Interrupted and I suspect that may be cause the character wasn't really much of a stretch for her. She's affected, tacky, and just makes me cringe.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i think angelina jolie might be the same type as Rhona Mitra (underworld 3) or adrian paul (highlander tv series) (intj or entj ?)

i like angelina, but hate the highlander guy.

actually i don't think such things are type related.
i cant possibly hate all people of any type.
these patterns, that push us over the edge, are much more specific, but still not fully individual (unique)

what's the type of robert patrick? isn't it the type that rutger hauer has? i am slightly ambiguous about ruter hauer, but like him enough to deliberately watch all of his movies. or is robert more like ray liotta? because i like liotta as well. (he can be a huge ass, but i dont hate him) i guess they are estp or something.

i think, for every type of which we tend to hate a lot of it's inhabitants, there should be some inhabitants whom we would love even more.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would put angelina ho'-lie on that planet. :D She irritates me to no end. The only thing she was moderately good in was Girl Interrupted and I suspect that may be cause the character wasn't really much of a stretch for her. She's affected, tacky, and just makes me cringe.

i wish i really knew her type...no one can seem to agree...but i like her much. :smile:

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
with tv shows, it's possible that the show/concept/script are the actual cause of the hate.

It's one of factors too. That is why it is better if the actor was seen in several movies/shows/video interviews, - this reduces the factor of concrete script/make-up etc.