• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hating a character or celebrity

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really disliked Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation. His episodes are interesting... However his character severely bothers me, like with how life is a game to him. Etc. He gets typed as ENTP... And yeah.

OMG.
I would tune into ST:TNG *just* to watch Q. :)

Deanna Troy (INFP probably), on the other hand, really annoyed me.
But this could have been the script -- she got really crappy "F floozy" lines:

Riker: The monster has just eaten ten of our crew, captain, and is ready to bite off Lt. LaForge's head! What should we do? Kill it?!!
Picard: Yes.
Deanna: Wait! I feel... pain! The monster... in great pain... not really... a monster... just a child!
Picard: [barks} Belay that order, Commander!
Riker: But capta--!!! <screaming ensues>
Deanna: (swoons) I feel.... indigestion.
Monster: *burp*

...maybe the writers could have done a better job.

and that red headed comedian girl...what's her name? griffith?? or gifford?? or something?? she ruins any scene in any show she's in for me...can't stand her!! kathy lee or kellie lee??

Kathy Griffin.

And, as luck would have it, I love her and watch anything she's in...!
She's so funny.

I hated that woman on the last two seasons of X-Files and stopped watching it because of her. She was such a self-assured floozy, with her crazy beliefs and self-assurances. Robert Patrick had an okay role, though; I liked having him around.

Kramer was the best character! I hated Elaine, though.

Aw. I loved Elaine. She was so deliciously annoying and shallow. Jerry was actually the least interesting guy on the show.

Paris Hilton
I don't have strong feelings about most celebs but she just grates on me.

I despise just about any S-style female celebrity on those crappy reality TV shows, especially ones about someone's love life (and the Playboy mansion show as well). Those women tend to be shallow, senseless, and conceited; they almost deserve whatever mess with men they get themselves into, honestly.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
and that red headed comedian girl...what's her name? griffith?? or gifford?? or something?? she ruins any scene in any show she's in for me...can't stand her!!

+1 My first thought is why are you famous?

I really cannot stand the personalities of Colbert and Stewart, despite the fact that I find the jokes relatively humorous. They are so irritating from a delivery standpoint it sucks. I loved when Lewis Black was on the show as a guest. They are both just too loud and absurd, and animated for me. Which is odd because I like when Lewis Black starts seizing on stage.

I have no idea what is about them. And no, it's not because I'm relatively conservative. I think the jokes are funny, the personas they give off are dumb and silly.

+1 I loved Stewart in other contexts. But there is something about the delivery of the shows that rubs me the wrong way.

Ellen Degeneres irritates me. Her eunich like presentation is devoid of any personality.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like goofy, and I like cute and blond. I find her quirks adorable and I'm not a careless idiot like J.D. so the problems they have that exacerbate her insecurities would really never arise.

:sadbanana:

Yes I've given that imaginary relationship way too much thought.

:whistling:

Aw. I loved Elaine. She was so deliciously annoying and shallow. Jerry was actually the least interesting guy on the show.

She annoyed me as the series progressed. I liked her in the beginning, but then there was this cynical slant that just made me shudder.

Jerry is hilarious. All his deadpan, dry observations. My goodness, he always hilariously pointed out the flaws in any plan. I like him better when he is giving feedback and the storyline is not about him.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Bill Maher. He would thump an old lady over the head and steal her purse during a subway stick up just to have something to give to the armed robbers to keep the heat off his ass.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Bill Maher. He would thump an old lady over the head and steal her purse during a subway stick up just to have something to give to the armed robbers to keep the heat off his ass.

:rofl1:

I hate him, too.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Sorry :(

Don't judge me! :girlfight:

Jerry is hilarious. All his deadpan, dry observations. My goodness, he always hilariously pointed out the flaws in any plan. I like him better when he is giving feedback and the storyline is not about him.

Kind of agree, although my favorite storyline with him was when he was trying for the roommate switch, and George, in his genious, concocted the menage a trois scheme.

Also, completely amazing character, David Putty. Priceless. "Yeah that's right."

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Also, completely amazing character, David Putty. Priceless. "Yeah that's right."

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J90GeqnGn10"]yeah, in hell buddy.[/YOUTUBE]

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa

I love him for his balls to push the status quo, really question the basic tenants of society, and provide a real intellectual talk show.

That said he is a slimey hypocrite that genuinely seems like a real jerkoff.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever watched a TV show and completely disliked a character to where the point you would actually start appreciating the other characters of the show for relative reasons, or even just stop watching the show? Now, was this character an MBTI type that you disliked in real life, or was there any kind of correlation to your values seen in the character reflected upon MBTI? I'm interested to know if ideas of characters aid your typing intuition.

Nancy Grace. I don't know her type and surprisingly it hadn't occurred to me to try and type her. When she comes on the t.v. I get so riled at her media-hype whoring that I begin to shout and hurl pillows at the screen.

The boyfriend has learned to switch CNN off for a bit because he loves his flatscreen.

Bill Maher has the opposite effect. :wubbie: I started seriously thinking about his type in the last month and I'm pretty sure he's ENTP. The boyfriend turns him off too... for different reasons. le sigh