• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Freud/Jung's Type

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
because of what is implied underneath. i don't need to tell you more than that.

That all the people who've tried to type him so far are so stupid that they've never considered anything that violated an assumption that they mistakenly attributed to him?

Don't worry, I think it's well known that people tend to do that. ;) Everyone does it sometimes.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
That all the people who've tried to type him so far are so stupid that they've never considered anything that violated an assumption that they mistakenly attributed to him?

Don't worry, I think it's well known that people tend to do that. ;) Everyone does it sometimes.

what are you talking about? this has nothing to do with typing, it has something to do with how to present data.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Just because I don't like you, doesn't mean you have to create a paranoid, conspiracy theory.

your ego must be bigger than i thought if you think i care whether you like me or not.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
your ego must be bigger than i thought if you think i care whether you like me or not.

Ironically, your ego must be pretty big if you're arrogant enough not to care what they think of you.

Interesting case of projection.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist pointing that out.)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Ironically, your ego must be pretty big if you're arrogant enough not to care what they think of you.

Interesting case of projection.

in contrast to jaguar, i never tried to hide my ego.

Jaguar

Well, I haven't heard about Singer and Loomis. What do you call a function order that isn't typical? What would you use for notation?

MBTI Atypical. Lol.
Frankly, I'd bet money a lot of people are "atypical."
If you think he's Ni-Ti or Ti-Ni, that clearly implies Dom/Aux.

As to Singer and Loomis, they are two women who decided to test MBTI.
In a nutshell, the MBTI "assigned" function orders did not hold up.
No shocker there.

I'm talking out loud here, but, is there a way we could create a files and links section on this forum?
Our own "library," so to speak.
Thoughts, anyone?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
MBTI Atypical. Lol.
Frankly, I'd bet money a lot of people are "atypical."
If you think he's Ni-Ti or Ti-Ni, that clearly implies Dom/Aux.

As to Singer and Loomis, they are two women who decided to test MBTI.
In a nutshell, the MBTI "assigned" function orders did not hold up.
No shocker there.

I'm talking out loud here, but, is there a way we could create a files and links section on this forum?
Our own "library," so to speak.
Thoughts, anyone?

I went to look some of this up, but all the data on it is proprietary and expensive. The research and testing methodology they came up with looked sound, though. Addresses a few things I always thought were wrong with MBTI.

I have a feeling people still play with MBTI mostly because the material is freely accessible (as are the tests) for the most part. Better systems have probably been made (even from the same source), but they all cost money and can't be discussed or theorized about quite as openly.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
read lenore thomson if you want to understand a good middle ground between jungian functions and the myers briggs code. it clarifies the purpose j/p add to jungian cognitive functions and prescribes a pattern of development/activation that occurs when a dominant function develops an auxilary function to balance it in terms of i/e and perceiving/judging (ie rational).

in other words, the functional development present in myers briggs is prescribed the way it is for a very good reason. that there are many variations and differences in articulation of expression seems like an irrelevant objection to me. i've identified w/ Ni and Ti more than any other functions for the majority of my life. understanding myers briggs and its articulation of the ramifications of such a lifestyle makes so much sense to me now. with all that said, the 4 letter code that best corresponds with mbti (which is AFTER jung's initial work) is infj. he's so much more Ni than Ne. he's way more Fe than Te. he's infj.

also, i've heard both lenore thomson and katherine briggs are infjs. tho i could see lenore thomson (solely based on the book) being an intj too.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
have proof?

1) Try to guess, based on my first message.
2) There's no seriously proved method of proving (~100% accuracy) for type. There is no even method with seriously proved high accuracy (> 80% for ex) of type identifing.

Jaguar

I went to look some of this up, but all the data on it is proprietary and expensive. The research and testing methodology they came up with looked sound, though. Addresses a few things I always thought were wrong with MBTI.

You have to dig deeper for the good stuff.
And it's free.
The page to the .pdfs is not found,
so here are links to the html versions:

SINGER-LOOMIS TDI: THE NEXT GENERATION OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TYPE INSTRUMENT S. Dugan Haskayne School of Business

Understanding Personality Functioning Without Forced Choice:

I have a feeling people still play with MBTI mostly because the material is freely accessible (as are the tests) for the most part. Better systems have probably been made (even from the same source), but they all cost money and can't be discussed or theorized about quite as openly.

Agreed.

Jaguar

why do people keep thinking that i don't know my type? i know my type, and it's ENXP. my auxiliary functions do not fit in neither ENTP or ENFP roles, but my dominant function is still Ne, and i use it extensively;

i mean, how hard can it be to understand that not everyone fits the mere 16 types that MBTI offers?

What kind of remarks are you making here, knowing full well you whined
about my not lisiting a type for myself?

And now here you are, suggesting not all people fall into an MBTI type?
Well, no shit. How could someone NOT know this?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
What kind of remarks are you making here, knowing full well you whined
about my not lisiting a type for myself?

i didn't whine about you not typing yourself. i "whined" about the way you behave. your complete refusal to use MBTI for any reason or consider it even a partial truth coupled with your general attitude and behavior would fit you into the "pretentious" box.

you can prove me wrong by being less gutless and admitting that while MBTI types have faults, the theory behind it (and especially function theory) can still be used.

Jaguar

i didn't whine about you not typing yourself. i "whined" about the way you behave. your complete refusal to use MBTI for any reason or consider it even a partial truth coupled with your general attitude and behavior would fit you into the "pretentious" box.

you can prove me wrong by being less gutless and admitting that while MBTI types have faults, the theory behind it (and especially function theory) can still be used.

The theory behind MBTI claims a specific PREDETERMINED function order.
It's that simple.
If you are gullible enough to believe it. Use it.

I do find this MBTI blurb humorous:

Don't like being put into one of 16 boxes?
How about 1,000,000? With the MBTI® Step II report,
there are that many combinations.

That came out after people started claiming MBTI was bullshit.
You think they are going to throw away all that money?
They don't care about validity.
Come on, don't be so naive.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
like i said, i don't care about the 16 types. i care about its functions, not the function orders. fuck it, look at my type. do i fit into one of the 16 types? look at my function order. jesus.

Jaguar

Well then WTF are you bitching about?
I don't give a shit about the 16 types,
or those fake MBTI function orders either.
I do use the Jungian functions.
How can you not GET THAT?
*ucking ay already!

No wonder Synarch said you need your ass pounded.
He's right.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Well then WTF are you bitching about?
I don't give a shit about the 16 types,
or those fake MBTI function orders either.
I do use the Jungian functions.
How can you not GET THAT?
*ucking ay already!

what's your problem with stating your own function order then? i just don't get it, don't you want other people to know it?

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, I thought Freud was an S. He's quite the empiricist.

:shocking:

The empirical evidence is so lacking for psychoanalysis, I laugh when I read about it... It's not science, it's pseudoscience.

Jaguar

Sentura--

You care more about my specific function order,
than Jungian functions as a whole.

I don't care about yours;
I care about the knowledge.

That makes us opposites.

I've stated elsewhere on this board what I've scored as.
I've even talked about some of my preferred functions.
It's no secret.
You just think it is.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I've stated elsewhere on this board what I've scored as.
I've even talked about some of my preferred functions.
It's no secret.

then i have no quarrel with you.