First 311121314 Last

Ginkgo

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I don't see how he's showing Ne. He's focused on one vision, one Platonic ideal, one fixation. And it's gazing into the unknown, the hidden, the obscure. It seems very Ni to me. That, and he describes himself as utterly failing at Sensing, which would suggest S-inferior. INTPs, especially adult INTPs, are quite good at Si (and indeed fairly Si-reliant). And his description of what does exist of that S function strikes me as Se - a focus on the immediate, the present, the visible external reality.
    I don't know anything about Jung, really, but this just struck me as odd. Gazing into the unknown, a fixation on a particular topic of interest and trying to understand it in it's entirity? Is that not the calling card of the INTP, with dominant Ti and auxilliary Ne?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I don't know anything about Jung, really, but this just struck me as odd. Gazing into the unknown, a fixation on a particular topic of interest and trying to understand it in it's entirity? Is that not the calling card of the INTP, with dominant Ti and auxilliary Ne?
    The "understand it in its entirety" part is kind of what gives me pause. Jungian psychology strikes me as vague mystical claptrap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

The "understand it in its entirety" part is kind of what gives me pause. Jungian psychology strikes me as vague mystical claptrap.
    Well it makes sense enough for me.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

JiNe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    It does? So how did he deduce "functions"? Where does it come from?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

but still you follow mbti? mbti is like 95% jungian psychology. mbti is built on jungs idea of psychological types, all mbti types were written by jung originally, mbti just adds shadow functions(jung had similar ideas tho, but he called them something(i dont remember what) of the unconscious) and if i remember right jung only stated first and secondary function for each type. the descriptions for each type are pretty much the same, but with different words and concentrating more on how the type effects the persons personality while jung was concentrating more on the persons psychology. i got jungs psychological types(what mbti was built on) and it states many things that people are trying to figure out again through mbti, simply because mbti leaves them out for some reason(maybe Katherine Briggs and Isabel Myers didnt fully understand jungs ideas and left much of it out).

and yes jung is definitely an intp. i think i remember him saying it himself and everything about him(and inventing this kind of psychological types and collective uncoscious, the way he got to his theories about them etc) and what he has written(including his writing style) points out clearly to intp.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    So how did he deduce "functions"? Where does it come from?
    "In my practical medical work with nervous patients I have long been struck by the fact that besides the many individual differences in human psychology there are also typical differences. Two types especially became clear to me; I have termed them the introverted and the extraverted types."

bla bla bla bla

"Hypothesis of introversion and extraversion allows us, first of all, to distinguish two large groups of psychological individuals. Yet this grouping is of such a superficial and general nature that it permits no more than this very general distinction. Closer investigation of the individual psychologies that fall into one group or the other will at once show great differences between individuals who nevertheless belong to the same group. If, therefore, we wish to determine wherein lie the differences between individuals belonging to a definite group, we must take a further step. Experience has thought me that in general individuals can be distinguished not only according to the broad distinction between introversion and extraversion, but also according to their basic psychological functions. For in the same measure as outer circumstances and inner disposition cause either introversion or extraversion to predominate, they also favour the predominance of one definite basic function in the individual. I have found from experience that the basic psychological functions, that is, functions which are genuinely as essentially different from other functions, prove to be thinking, feeling, sensation and intuition. If one of these functions habitually predominates, a corresponding type results. I therefore distinguish a thinking, a feeling, a sensation, and an intuitive type. Each of these types may moreover be either introverted or extraverted, depending on its relation to the object as we have described above..."

i think you got the idea
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i think you got the idea