User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    do i fit into one of the 16 types?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    And Jung was unfaithful himself, right? - Or at the very least sleeping with his clients, which is possibly worse than cheating on a spouse.

Oh and regarding Freud and parapsychology, Freud happened to take telepathy seriously :rolli:
    Sleeping with his clients? That sounds awesome to me.

I think all people who claim MBTI is wrong are cowards. If you're 50% on everything it may be true that there's no definite type for you. But you act a certain way, you aren't a serial murder today and the messiah tomorrow. It helps you to get along with others but if you change your behaviour all the time people won't be able to handle you. You need to stop mixing up your dreams and reality. Otherwise it's no surprise if there's no 'accurate' type.

Types are not definite. They can change and there are gray areas. They help you interpret behaviour and become more self-assured.

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, I am new to MBTI, but I think the types of both Freud and Jung can be characterized by their relationships and how it ended.
    My suggestion: their relationship was a NT/NF Death Spiral.
    Let me suggest options:
    Freud might be ENTP - definitely Extroverted, an iNtuitive able to invent a number of concepts and work with concepts (like contentiousness) that were invented before him, definitely a Perceiver - he didn't stick to the theories/methods/ways of thinking that were typical to his own Victorian times. Thinker? Well, I don't have enough information about that, but based on Freud's behavior, I can conclude that he was an extremely competitive, smart and innovative man. I think his Judger like attitude towards Jung ideas can be explained by his personal feeling of rivalry and arrogance, that are typical to ENTP.
    Jung might be an INFP - there were posts in this thread, that were supporting this position.
    So, I suggest, in the end, it were their personal relationship that really drew them apart. And I think the fact that for Jung the fact that Freud slept with one of his patients was SO important, definitely shows very strong values of Jung, that points out to his very well developed Feeling personality.
    Also, thought I don't know how the theory was created in details, it seems to me that it has to be an xNFP who created it in the first place- as it is complex, conceptual, and extremely PEOPLE oriented. Such strong attention to people, and the fabric of society is also one of the defining points of xNFPs.
    Thanks for attention!

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, I am new to MBTI, but I think the types of both Freud and Jung can be characterized by their relationships and how it ended.
    My suggestion: their relationship was a NT/NF Death Spiral.
    Let me suggest options:
    Freud might be ENTP - definitely Extroverted, an iNtuitive able to invent a number of concepts and work with concepts (like contentiousness) that were invented before him, definitely a Perceiver - he didn't stick to the theories/methods/ways of thinking that were typical to his own Victorian times. Thinker? Well, I don't have enough information about that, but based on Freud's behavior, I can conclude that he was an extremely competitive, smart and innovative man. I think his Judger like attitude towards Jung ideas can be explained by his personal feeling of rivalry and arrogance, that are typical to ENTP.
    Jung might be an INFP - there were posts in this thread, that were supporting this position.
    So, I suggest, in the end, it were their personal relationship that really drew them apart. And I think the fact that for Jung the fact that Freud slept with one of his patients was SO important, definitely shows very strong values of Jung, that points out to his very well developed Feeling personality.
    Also, thought I don't know how the theory was created in details, it seems to me that it has to be an xNFP who created it in the first place- as it is complex, conceptual, and extremely PEOPLE oriented. Such strong attention to people, and the fabric of society is also one of the defining points of xNFPs.
    Thanks for attention!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Freud/Jung's Type
    Freud- ENTJ, 5w4 sx/sp, ENTp-Ti
    Jung- INFJ, 5w4 sx/so, INTp-Ni
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

From the horse's mouth (that horse being Carl Jung). In the video below, go to the 8:45 mark. He says, "I most certainly was capitalized by thinking...and I had a great deal of intuition too. And I had a definite difficulty with feeling." Then he goes on to describe himself as a sensor-tard .

There are more interviews on youtube out there....I recall a quote from him somewhere in which he said he felt he needed to sacrifice his superior Thinking to develop his iNuition, which again suggests T-dom and N-aux.

Jung took a much more positive view to a person's internal world with his concept of introversion, compared to Freud who saw connection to the unconscious as a mental illness. I suspect this is because he was an introvert and valued his own inner world. I don't think much argument needs to be made for him being an introvert though...

I think that all of this clearly indicates TiNe for him, with inferior feeling, making him an INTP in MBTI terms. I also think what he says about Freud in this interview (there are 4 parts on youtube) suggests ETJ for him...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD-W-1z_qco&feature=player_embedded#!"]Carl Jung's Type[/YOUTUBE]

Starting at 4:56, the TiNe mindset seems apparent to me also....Jung basically says needs a reason to believe in something, and then the possibilities will be considered.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90VXHjQREDM&feature=related"]Jung's Type 2[/YOUTUBE]
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I don't see how he's showing Ne. He's focused on one vision, one Platonic ideal, one fixation. And it's gazing into the unknown, the hidden, the obscure. It seems very Ni to me. That, and he describes himself as utterly failing at Sensing, which would suggest S-inferior. INTPs, especially adult INTPs, are quite good at Si (and indeed fairly Si-reliant). And his description of what does exist of that S function strikes me as Se - a focus on the immediate, the present, the visible external reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Freud: ENTJ 5w6
    Jung: INTP 9w1 Sx/Sp
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan