• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

John Mayer / Dave Matthews

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I used to date an ENFP who had pretty bad social phobia. I have those "where did that come from" moments when I watch John Mayer speak (in terms of his humor) and I think that's a dominant N thing.

And Dave's favorite songwriter, come to think of it, David Gray seems pretty ISFP.

Also, I was just playing around with the idea that young is isfp. The sheer number of infps he's worked with/influenced makes that typing a distant possibility.

lindberg711

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Through further reading, I have discovered that I am dominantly intuitive rather than sensor.

KDude

I don't really see Mayer as an introvert (or ISFP). Doesn't really interview like an ISFP below either. I don't know much about him really, but that quiet, sensitive image he put off seemed really contrived... an act or a stage he went through, I think.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi51vQqPd3g].[/youtube]

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, I watched that. He didn't turn in or pause at all. The interviews I have seen with clear cut isfp there was always pausing. Watch Eddie Vedder, he pauses quite a bit. Mayer seems uncomfortable with pauses in that video.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't really see Mayer as an introvert (or ISFP). Doesn't really interview like an ISFP below either. I don't know much about him really, but that quiet, sensitive image he put off seemed really contrived... an act or a stage he went through, I think.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi51vQqPd3g].[/youtube]

I'm thinking this is your typical uber dry, yet abstract intp humor.

intp. final answer.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
John Mayer is definately an ENFP. I've come as the sensitive type often, and had social phobias. Its not far fetch. Overall, his general behavior, lifestyle, messages (not execution) and eclectic interest designate him as a typical ENFP.

The guy reminds me of a real life Vince from Entourage. The thing that gets me is that folks like John Mayer, Vince, and such are also coined as full of themselves - and overall douche bags. Why? There is an air of confidence that comes from them that is truly annoying, intimidating, and basically calls for someone to put the person in their place. Basically, I feel these specific guys, such as Tom Brady (ENTP??) give off this air of confidence and its very easy for someone to look at them and say they are cocky. Personally, I think it's confidence. It isn't like they don't often discredit themselves, or anything of that sort. However, that isn't the point. The point is that often these guys that most people want to say are shit or talentless, and are hated, mostly for their confidence, accomplishments, or perceived cockiness, often win people over in real-life interaction because when you involve yourself with them it's clear it's not bullshit. They are being geniuine...or as geniune as they can be.

Such as this...

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztDFRpWkR0"]Tom Brady[/youtube]

The thing is, I'd at least hope that us ENFP can win folks over that hate us, sincerely, like so. I hate to be hated. It hurts. Bad. Either way, I'm sure this guy is an eNFP.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9-AF3lt2l8"]John Mayer[/youtube]

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking this is your typical uber dry, yet abstract intp humor.

intp. final answer.

John Mayer is definately an ENFP. I've come as the sensitive type often, and had social phobias. Its not far fetch. Overall, his general behavior, lifestyle, messages (not execution) and eclectic interest designate him as a typical ENFP.

The guy reminds me of a real life Vince from Entourage. The thing that gets me is that folks like John Mayer, Vince, and such are also coined as full of themselves - and overall douche bags. Why? There is an air of confidence that comes from them that is truly annoying, intimidating, and basically calls for someone to put the person in their place. Basically, I feel these specific guys, such as Tom Brady (ENTP??) give off this air of confidence and its very easy for someone to look at them and say they are cocky. Personally, I think it's confidence. It isn't like they don't often discredit themselves, or anything of that sort. However, that isn't the point. The point is that often these guys that most people want to say are shit or talentless, and are hated, mostly for their confidence, accomplishments, or perceived cockiness, often win people over in real-life interaction because when you involve yourself with them it's clear it's not bullshit. They are being geniuine...or as geniune as they can be.

Such as this...

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztDFRpWkR0"]Tom Brady[/youtube]

The thing is, I'd at least hope that us ENFP can win folks over that hate us, sincerely, like so. I hate to be hated. It hurts. Bad. Either way, I'm sure this guy is an eNFP.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9-AF3lt2l8"]John Mayer[/youtube]

He reminds me of my ENFP tested uncle... I'd go with ENFP for Jon Mayer.

KDude

Basically, I feel these specific guys, such as Tom Brady (ENTP??) give off this air of confidence and its very easy for someone to look at them and say they are cocky. Personally, I think it's confidence. It isn't like they don't often discredit themselves, or anything of that sort. However, that isn't the point. The point is that often these guys that most people want to say are shit or talentless, and are hated, mostly for their confidence, accomplishments, or perceived cockiness, often win people over in real-life interaction because when you involve yourself with them it's clear it's not bullshit. They are being geniuine...or as geniune as they can be.]

i see what you're saying. for the record though, i think tom brady is badass. i don't think mayer is untalented either. he's a great guitar player.. don't really care for the songs and all that, but he's not untalented.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Both ENFPs.

Dave Matthews being a decidedly less douchey ENFP.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
John Mayer = ISFP.

I think Dave Matthews might be as well.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
it makes most sense that mayer is enfp (5-10% chance intp). matthews isfp.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
ENFP for John Mayer.

And why is this guy hated so much? All over the internet, he's been called a douchebag...