• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rudolf Diesel

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I today heard a lecture about the Compound Engine, Diesel built before he basically invented the Diesel Engine. The Compound Engine was an attempt to build a combustion engine with a very high efficiency after the model of the Carnot-Process from thermodynamics.

Diesel actually made the engine work and was with that far beyond the technical standard of the day. The only problem was due to the Carnot-Process producing heat isothermic the average compression pressure produced by the internal combustion would be so low that the performance of the engine wouldnt suffice to move a horse. So after that he worked on the Diesel-Process, which eventually led to the Diesel Engine.

I just read up about Rudolf Diesel and was wondering if he possibly could have been INTJ ? :D

Rudolf Diesel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This paragraph is especially intresting, I didnt know that:

In the evening of 29 September 1913, Diesel boarded the post office steamer Dresden in Antwerp on his way to a meeting of the Consolidated Diesel Manufacturing company in London. He took dinner on board the ship and then retired to his cabin at about 10 p.m., leaving word for him to be called the next morning at 6:15 a.m. He was never seen alive again. Ten days later, the crew of the Dutch boat "Coertsen" came upon the corpse of a man floating in the sea. The body was in such an advanced state of decomposition that they did not bring it aboard. Instead, the crew retrieved personal items (pill case, wallet, pocket knife, eyeglass case) from the clothing of the dead man, and returned the body to the sea. On 13 October these items were identified by Rudolf's son, Eugen Diesel, as belonging to his father.

No one knows for sure how or why Diesel was lost overboard. Grosser (1978)[5] presents a credible case for suicide. There are conspiracy theories that suggest that various people's business interests may have provided motives for homicide. Evidence is limited for all explanations.[6]

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I assumed Mr. Diesel was an INTJ (LOL) -- who else would promote an engine that combusts coal dust??

Then again, I could see a ISFJ doing something wacky like that too. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^^ :D

His death sounds pretty conspirative. I love such things :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol! I never knew how he died! It sounds incredibly suspicious!

"Lost at sea".... *spooky music*