User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oddly enough, I actually really like all the celebrities that have been typed esfp.

I think they are in their element so they're probably less likely to go "weird" because of their fame like some other celebrities.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Lend me your ears!
    Princess Diana is NOT an INFP even though she 'tested as one'.
    Many of the tests have an iNtuitive bias to them and she could be an ISFP who fell into that trap.

It's sort of like how Bill Clinton tested as an ENFP.
    She didn't even "test" as one. From what I've heard, her massage therapist showed her the Keirsey INFP portrait and said, "this sounds like you." Diana didn't even read any of the other descriptions.

Vanity typing is everywhere. The idea is that everyone who looks good and does something I would do MUST therefore share my type preferences, and anyone whom I don't like for any reason can't possibly be my type! And I've noticed that most of the time, temperamental traits are thrown out the window -- someone may appear to fit one of Keirsey's profiles, but nobody wants to believe it if they happen to like the person but don't also share those preferences. Do you believe you have XYZ preferences? Then any famous person who says something you agree with in an interview must also magically be an XYZ too! Wow! I think this is why nearly every famous person who's mentioned on this list whom people admire is believed to prefer Intuition, despite these people not actually seeming to fit the Rational or Idealist temperament traits as defined by Keirsey, Berens and others.

As for the famous people themselves, if they've heard of the MBTI, they never seem to take it under the direction of a qualified expert, with feedback and validation and all.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Agreed. I suspect many of the celebrities generally accepted to be extraverts are introverts (e.g. Beyonce). Introverts can be outgoing and charismatic too. Especially when they are paid to be
    I suspect it's easy to be charismatic when you become famous for a specific talent you have but then all of a sudden fame transforms you from being a musician to being a "celebrity," and now everything you do is newsworthy, no matter how mundane. What's your favorite musician wearing today? Ooooh, he or she looks so cool, even if the same outfit, if worn by your cousin, wouldn't be deemed cool. In other words, it's cool and charismatic only because people enjoy the celebrity's musical talent, not because everything about that musician is actually so wonderful.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Agreed. I suspect many of the celebrities generally accepted to be extraverts are introverts (e.g. Beyonce). Introverts can be outgoing and charismatic too. Especially when they are paid to be

Definitely agreed

garbage

Hilary Clinton.

I mean, come on. No type, no matter how evil and conniving, deserves to have her amongst their ranks!

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

There are a lot of people who I admire who don't share my type at all.
    I am 'lucky' that I'm somewhat self-loathing myself,
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Hilary Clinton.

I mean, come on. No type, no matter how evil and conniving, deserves to have her amongst their ranks!
    everyone will probably hate me now, because I'm probably the only one that will say this, but, <GASP> I actually like the good ol' Hillraiser... Bill's O-Okay too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Say, Sarah! I thought for sure you were going to take the opportunity to mention Bush!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't think I have any major problems with any famous people typed as INTJ. However, I seem to have a major problem with people who are typed as INTJ here. Or other places. You know, the self-typed ones.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Say, Sarah! I thought for sure you were going to take the opportunity to mention Bush!
    Well, if everyone here doesn't know already, I despise George W. Bush with a passion, and yet it's believed by Dr. John Beebe and Dr. Linda Berens that Bush is an ISFP