User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Jared Leto

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But what about Kurt Cobain?
    It's hard to type someone as unhealthy as he was, but I thought he was more of an NTP. He might have been emotional, but I don't think Fi was on his mind. Kind of like John Lennon, who was capable of a lot of passion.. but another possible NTP, I think.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I guess I'm just ass backwards from you Jordan Catalano lovers.

I just have a thing for intense men who wear eye liner.

I would probably catagorize Jared Leto and Paul Banks from Interpol as the hottest famous guys I can think of.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    It's hard to type someone as unhealthy as he was, but I thought he was more of an NTP. He might have been emotional, but I don't think Fi was on his mind. Kind of like John Lennon, who was capable of a lot of passion.. but another possible NTP, I think.
    I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain was INFP.

I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain was INFP.
    Fair enough. He was an asshole either way.

Couldn't even weigh his own closest allies well. He was a dick to his friends (not to mention, didn't seem to get the f in shape for his daughter's sake). Too self-indulgent in negativity. My favorite Nirvana song is Scentless Apprentice btw. Which is actually Dave Grohl's song. I remember when In Utero came out, Kurt had to make it a point on how lame that song was, like it was joke to include it.. even when Grohl's standing right there, hurt by the comment.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yep, Kurt Cobain might have been an asshole, but INFPs can be assholes. He had very strong morals about what he had morals about. He felt he had some vital truth to share with the world.

I prefer Nirvana to The Foo Fighters, hands down, like I seriously think the Foo Fighters are a joke compared to Nirvana...sooo...asshole or not, I think he had the most talent.

It wasn't as bad when Ian Curtis (also INFP) died and the other members of Joy Division formed New Order. Two very different bands, but both are good.

An unhealthy INFP won't look like a healthy INFP of course.

And now that I'm thinking about Kurt Cobain, I'm more convinced that Jared Leto is more of an ISFP.

ISFP.

Yep, Kurt Cobain might have been an asshole, but INFPs can be assholes. He had very strong morals about what he had morals about. He felt he had some vital truth to share with the truth.

I prefer Nirvana to The Foo Fighters, hands down, like I seriously think the Foo Fighters are a joke compared to Nirvana...sooo...asshole or not, I think he had the most talent.

It wasn't as bad when Ian Curtis (also INFP) died and the other members of Joy Division formed New Order. Two very different bands, but both are good.

An unhealthy INFP won't look like a healthy INFP of course.

And now that I'm thinking about Kurt Cobain, I'm more convinced that Jared Leto is more of an ISFP.

ISFP.

Perhaps these two individuals being 5w4's ( Kurt and Ian) may mask (more so with Kurt), his NTP-ness, making him more emotional, and willing to stick behind his 'principles'. Personally I think he was an INTP (Kurt, idk about Ian, I think you are maybe correct with that one), But I do think that a 5w4 sx INTP (Including myself) will appear more emotional and Ti, though being a logical-driven (even fiercely so) can mask itself as Fi, as both are logical, rational functions, the Principled Ti when added with a more emotional flavour to it, IMO can seem more value-driven, or Fi-like. But Yes I agree, INFPs can be assholes.

Yeah, I think I may be 5w4 too, but I doubt I'm an INTP. Am I an asshole? lol.. maybe at times, but not really in that way. Lots of hits and misses in expressing things I care about, but I wouldn't compare myself to Kurt. I don't even know what he was talking about half of the time. As far as musicians go, I think Sinead O'Connor is a 5w4, but possibly more INFP. She flies off the handle in her own way, but her goals have always been more Fi. Even if some of it is kind of myopic idealism.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Kurt Cobain, Ian Curtis, Nick Cave, and Robert Smith of the Cure are INFP poster children.

If you guys want to convince yourselves that two of the most famous INFPs of the 20th century were NTPs, knock yourselves out.

But yeah I'm going ISFP for Jared Leto, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Yeah, I think I may be 5w4 too, but I doubt I'm an INTP. Am I an asshole? lol.. maybe at times, but not really in that way. Lots of hits and misses in expressing things I care about, but I wouldn't compare myself to Kurt. I don't even know what he was talking about half of the time. As far as musicians go, I think Sinead O'Connor is a 5w4, but possibly more INFP. She flies off the handle in her own way, but her goals have always been more Fi. Even if some of it is kind of myopic idealism.
    I don't think INTP = assholism, I do think unhealthy Ti and unhealthy INTPs tend to be assholes, but so do ENTPs, it's a symptom of being unhealthy and not being able to cope, I'm a 5w4 INTP and i'm certainly not an asshole but it has taken years to work on myself and try to be healthier, I would agree about the hit and misses but you learn. Sinead O'Connor is an interesting one there, I haven't been able to peg her, perhaps you are onto something there KDude.

Kurt Cobain, Ian Curtis, Nick Cave, and Robert Smith of the Cure are INFP poster children.

If you guys want to convince yourselves that two of the most famous INFPs of the 20th century were NTPs, knock yourselves out.

Well since we cannot know these two people personally [Kurt and Ian] (I think you are correct about smith and Nick Cave), I don't think we should claim anything as truth, would be presumptuous, but We'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm ambivalent about Leto, good band though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think Paul Banks is a better example of an NT in a band.

I think he very well could be INTP.

Or even INTJ. I dunno.

But INTx.

Calm. Cerebral. Analytical.

I have to say that overall he's a more attractive person than Jared Leto, actually. He seems to have more substance.