User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I've recently taken a liking to Silent Hill and Rule of Rose. Does anyone know the types for the main characters in these games?
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Curtiss View Post
    Any Tales series fans here? It's a classic JRPG series with somewhat cliched but memorable characters. Here's my guesses.

Tales of Symphonia:
    Lloyd Irving: ESFP
    Colette Brunel: ENFP or ENFJ
    Raine Sage: Some sort of NT (INTJ maybe?)
    Genis Sage: ENTP?
    Kratos Aurion: IxTJ
    Sheena Fujibayashi: ISFP
    Zelos Wilder: ESTP, possibly ENTP
    Presea Combatir: ISTP
    Regal Bryant: ISTJ
    Mithos Yggdrasill: INFP or INFJ
    Yuan: INTP, possibly ISTP

I'll take a guess at the types of the minor characters, just from the impression they leave
    Magnius: ESTJ
    Kvar: INTx
    Rodyle: ENTP
    Forcystus: ISTP
    Pronyma: ESTP
    Martel: INFJ, just a guess

Both Raine and Genis were tough to type. They both seem NT, especially Raine, but neither one really acts particularly extroverted or introverted. Raine appears to use Ti and Te in equal amounts, but acts like more of a Judger than a Perceiver. Genis is underdeveloped and young, making a definitive typing difficult. Colette is definitely ENFx. She acts more like a perceiver, but uses Fe much more than Ne or Fi imo, making ENFJ a possibility.
    I think I've replied to this already, but I've changed a few
    Lloyd: ESFP 8w7 8-7-2 (finally an 8 who's the good guy lol)
    Collette: ENFJ 2w1 2-1-7
    Genis: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
    Raine: ENTJ 5w6 5-1-2 (I agree with her being hard to type because of high use of both Te and Ti)
    Sheena: ESTJ 8w7 8-6-2
    Zelos: ENFP 7w6 or 7w8 7-8-3 (he's really not as shallow as he pretends to be)
    Presea: ISTP 5w4 5-4-8
    Regal: ISTJ 1w9 1-5-2
    Kratos: INTJ 5w4 5-4-8

Mithos: INFP 8w9 8-4-6 (I could also see 1w9)
    Pronyma: ESTJ 3w2? (I could 2, 3, 6, or 8)
    Yuan: ISTP 5w4 5-1-4
    Botta: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
    Magnius: ESTJ counter phobic 6w7 6-3-8
    Rodile: ENTJ 8w7 8-5-4
    Forcystus: ISFP 1w9 1-4-5
    Kvar: INTJ 8w9 8-5-3

Martel: INFJ 2w1 2-1-7
    Chocolat: ENFJ or ENFP 8w7 8-2-7
    Marble: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-6
    Kuchinawa: ISTJ counter phobic 6w5 6-1-4
    Dirk: ISTP 6w5 6-1-2
    Tabatha: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-4

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think I've replied to this already, but I've changed a few
    Lloyd: ESFP 8w7 8-7-2 (finally an 8 who's the good guy lol)
    Collette: ENFJ 2w1 2-1-7
    Genis: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
    Raine: ENTJ 5w6 5-1-2 (I agree with her being hard to type because of high use of both Te and Ti)
    Sheena: ESTJ 8w7 8-6-2
    Zelos: ENFP 7w6 or 7w8 7-8-3 (he's really not as shallow as he pretends to be)
    Presea: ISTP 5w4 5-4-8
    Regal: ISTJ 1w9 1-5-2
    Kratos: INTJ 5w4 5-4-8

Mithos: INFP 8w9 8-4-6 (I could also see 1w9)
    Pronyma: ESTJ 3w2? (I could 2, 3, 6, or 8)
    Yuan: ISTP 5w4 5-1-4
    Botta: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
    Magnius: ESTJ counter phobic 6w7 6-3-8
    Rodile: ENTJ 8w7 8-5-4
    Forcystus: ISFP 1w9 1-4-5
    Kvar: INTJ 8w9 8-5-3

Martel: INFJ 2w1 2-1-7
    Chocolat: ENFJ or ENFP 8w7 8-2-7
    Marble: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-6
    Kuchinawa: ISTJ counter phobic 6w5 6-1-4
    Dirk: ISTP 6w5 6-1-2
    Tabatha: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-4
    I agree with your MB typings with the exception of Sheena, who just doesn't seem to have very clear preferences. However, I still think she leans more towards introversion and feeling, so maybe ISFJ. As for Enneagram, Sheena is a clear 6 to me (7 wing most likely). Why would you think 8 for her? She's not at all outwardly aggressive, confident, or desirous of control. Sheena continually and carefully assesses the different desires of those groups she's associated wish to reach a cautious, reasonable decision. She feels great responsibility towards her village that protected her and often doubts herself.

5w4 for Kratos, Presea, and Yuan? I think 5w6 suits all three much better, especially Presea, who acts like an iconic example of a 5w6. 1w9 is also possible for Kratos. What connection to 4 do you see? And Mithos is definitely a 1, he reminds me of Light in several respects. I know you think many Fi-dominants/auxiliaries are actually 8s, but I think Fi is connected more to type 1 than anything (strict moral code), despite being used by perceivers. It is a judging function, and extreme FP 1's who rely heavily on their Fi could be very judgemental. ISFP is an interesting guess for Forcystus (I was thinking ISTP, but I can see the potential Fi dominance). I can definitely agree with him being a 1. Lastly, why do you think Magnius is a counterphobic 6 instead of the seemingly obvious 8? I know these types can look superficially similar, so what about him points to 6?
    The mind shows only what is near the heart - Elder Edda

Ti>Fi>Ne>>>Si>Te>Se>Ni>>>Fe - LII - 5w4 sp/sx 5w4-4w5-1w9
    |R|cUeI - Phlegmatic/Melancholic - Mystic - Neutral Good

ISTPs:

Kratos
    Lara Croft
    Solid Snake
    Cloud Strife
    Vincent Valentine
    Auron
    Drake
    John Mercer

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Curtiss View Post
    I agree with your MB typings with the exception of Sheena, who just doesn't seem to have very clear preferences. However, I still think she leans more towards introversion and feeling, so maybe ISFJ. As for Enneagram, Sheena is a clear 6 to me (7 wing most likely). Why would you think 8 for her? She's not at all outwardly aggressive, confident, or desirous of control. Sheena continually and carefully assesses the different desires of those groups she's associated wish to reach a cautious, reasonable decision. She feels great responsibility towards her village that protected her and often doubts herself.

5w4 for Kratos, Presea, and Yuan? I think 5w6 suits all three much better, especially Presea, who acts like an iconic example of a 5w6. 1w9 is also possible for Kratos. What connection to 4 do you see? And Mithos is definitely a 1, he reminds me of Light in several respects. I know you think many Fi-dominants/auxiliaries are actually 8s, but I think Fi is connected more to type 1 than anything (strict moral code), despite being used by perceivers. It is a judging function, and extreme FP 1's who rely heavily on their Fi could be very judgemental. ISFP is an interesting guess for Forcystus (I was thinking ISTP, but I can see the potential Fi dominance). I can definitely agree with him being a 1. Lastly, why do you think Magnius is a counterphobic 6 instead of the seemingly obvious 8? I know these types can look superficially similar, so what about him points to 6?
    1) agreed on Presea and Yuan
    2) no, Sheena is definitely an 8 or a 1. she's very tough, spirited and "I don't need your help!" mentality. she's very choleric and strong even though she tries to be more feminine sometimes. also, she appears to have a strong connection to 2 and desires to be independent and strong. Sheena is also fairly confident, though not as confident as Lloyd. I can see her as an 8w7 or 1w2, but she is not 6 at all.
    3) Magnius is a counter phobic 6 because he is subserviant and compliant. he's also very fearful and his aggression has a very personal, reactive quality to it like it's forced. 8s are strong and choleric even when they're relaxed and happy. this is not something that comes naturally to counterphobic 6s
    4) I can see 1 for Mithos, but I think he's 8. he exhibits several unhealthy 8 tendencies, especially towards Martel. he has a misplaced sense of protection is very much that of an unhealthy sexual 8. I could be wrong on this though. to me, 1 and 8 seem almost like the same type and I have a hard time telling them apart.
    5) I am fairly convinced Forcystus is a 1 though and either INFP, ISFP or ISTJ

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GetOffMyBiscuits View Post
    I agree. I always thought he was ENFJ. Such a boss. Speaking of WC Orc characters Grom Hellscream seems ESTP.
    Grom gave me a real ESFx vibe. Definitely one of my favorite characters in the WC universe.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Illmatic
    Kratos
    You mean God of War Kratos, or another Kratos from another video game?

Yeah the God of War one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Ratchet and Clank:

Ratchet: ESTP
    Clank: ISTJ
    Captain Quark: ESFP

Crash Bandicoot:
    Crash: ES?P
    Coco: ISTP
    Cortex: average NTJ villain

There's not much to go on with a lot of the video game characters that I know...

MBTI
    iNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

As much of a video gamer as I am, I'm only able to figure out the types of some of the Mario characters.

Mario: ENFP
    Luigi: ISFJ
    Daisy: ESFP
    Yoshi: ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Srho View Post
    Can anyone think of a good example of an ENFJ game protagonist?
    Peach: ENFJ