• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady GaGa

What type is Lady Gaga?

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • ESTP

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • ESFP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ENFP

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ENTJ

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The whole meat dress was her making a statement that she "was not a piece of meat." I just really can't figure out how or where she gets her ideas and inspiration from. She's a weird one... I think she makes Madonna look normal. :blink:
lady-gaga-meat-dress.jpg

Well, wearing a meat dress to say that you're not a piece of meat seems pretty literal to me.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is why I think she's an ENTP. She's often compared with Madonna, an ESTP, and they have a lot in common. But Lady Gaga is involved in creativity and originality just for the sake or originality and creativity, wich is more an NP trait. ENTPs often make ESTPs look "normal" and down-to-heart. On other hand, she make every superstar and pop icon like Prince or Michael Jackson, or even Mick Jagger, look like pure wanabee. The theory is that she envision and understand globally what a superstar and pop culture is and achieve that idea in a concrete way. So, Ni-dom and inferior inspiring Se. At the same time, she has that meekness wich sounds more Fe, so, INFJ. Prince was an INFJ after all. She's the Andy Wharol of the 21st century in some sort, and Andy Wharol was an ISFJ. On the LGBT video, she takes very authoritarian positions, wich sound more ENTJ, but I don't think she is.
Especially in comparaison wih a true ENTJ like Ellen Degeneres:[youtube=TFgTP47R4Ic]Lady Gaga Interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show[/youtube]

As for her enneagram, she's been typed as 6w7 Sx/So, and I think it's right. That could explain why she has been mistyped as 3w4, 4w3, 7w6 and also 7w8.

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I don't know why, but I think she may be an INFJ. I just get this feeling. Besides what she acts like to the public can differ from her actual self, and I have always noticed INFJs and INFPs tend to want to make expressions which shake people's view of them...she's creative, and always doing something shocking. Just because you are famous also doesn't make you an E.

The j part is just from what I have read on this thread about how she works.

Don't attack me, it's just a guess. haha xD.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Didn't read through the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been posted, but...

[youtube=NM51qOpwcIM]Stefani Germanotta[/youtube]
[youtube=o8CUn2VsgzU]Stefani Germanotta[/youtube]

I still have no idea, she really baffles me, but maybe these vids will help somehow...

:huh::huh::huh:

chrismisik

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
lady-gaga-meat-dress.jpg
[/QUOTE]

(Eerily) similar to both Cher and Eva Longoria. Lady Gaga is an ENFP.

KDude

I thought Cher was ISFP or even ISTP. I've only seen her typed ENFP on a socionics site, but it was going by some wonky visual reasoning (it also typed Keanu Reeves an ENFP for the same reasons... not convinced on that. He seems ISTP too). That said, I'm starting to see INFJ vibe for Lady Gaga like others here.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I thought Cher was ISFP or even ISTP. I've only seen her typed ENFP on a socionics site, but it was going by some wonky visual reasoning (it also typed Keanu Reeves an ENFP for the same reasons... not convinced on that. He seems ISTP too). That said, I'm starting to see INFJ vibe for Lady Gaga like others here.

Can you guys elaborate on the INFJ vibe? That's interesting.

KDude

I can't elaborate that much. An introvert at least.. just because she spent most of her early life indoors. And her whole idea with the "Fame" thing is partly to try to help other people who felt like she did to break out and feel good about themselves. To live out their fame/self identity, regardless of others. And for someone who wrote a song like "Just dance" she says she still doesn't go out much (that or she works). She says she keeps to her closest friends. Doesn't seem to be that extroverted if that's the case. My second choice is ISFP, just because she there is Se and Ni.. she's very attuned to a lot of styles and combining them, trying to redefine dancepop, incorporating burlesque, dance, punk, rock, goth (in her own words). I can't really tell if she's Fi or Fe though. And I'm confused on if ISFP would be as conceptual and leading in their career like she is. She talks about being involved in every aspect of stage shows, is very enterprising with the whole Haus of Gaga thing.. not to mention she's involved in little side projects, like her deal to make new cameras for Polaroid. I don't know. Seems kind of a visionary approach in general.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think she's INFJ 6w7 sx/so.

To me, she epitomizes Six enneatype sx/so:

Sexual/Social

The counterphobic stance of the sexual Six can be seen in competition for attracting the right mate, and in testing to see who is worthy of trust. This is true of both sexual subtypes and especially true of the sexual/social. This type is likely to be found quite commonly among actresses and actors as they tend towards a dramatic presentation. Their need to be identified with their desirability and their strong social instinct, combine to sometimes make them public figures. They are less possessive of their mates, but still feel the need to have control in the relationship. They can have a very focused intensity. They can appear Four-like in their desire to express themselves and give into their passions. They define themselves in accordance with the prevailing gender norms opting to appear masculine or feminine as the case may be. This outward energy is sometimes counterbalanced with inward doubting, which can lead to depression, anger, and acting out, at the lower levels of health.

Anxiety isn’t as noticeable with the sexual variant of type Six, especially when the self-pres instinct is last. The typical things we associate with anxiety aren’t obvious with this subtype. Their anxiety is focused in the arena of relationships, and since their stance is mostly counterphobic, anxiety is not always obvious, and the Six too might be unaware of its presence. This can be true of all the subtypes of type Six. Their anxiety exists at a core level so that Sixes don't always know how to gauge its existence. So, even the more visibly anxious subtypes might not be aware of their underlying anxiety. The sexual/social can appear Eight-like, in their defense of their loved ones and social standing.

Source

I could also see INFP, but a preference towards Ni/Se stands out more to me than Fi/Te.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP

I thought this was decided months ago

sunshinEnfp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can't elaborate that much. An introvert at least.. just because she spent most of her early life indoors. And her whole idea with the "Fame" thing is partly to try to help other people who felt like she did to break out and feel good about themselves. To live out their fame/self identity, regardless of others. And for someone who wrote a song like "Just dance" she says she still doesn't go out much (that or she works). She says she keeps to her closest friends. Doesn't seem to be that extroverted if that's the case. My second choice is ISFP, just because she there is Se and Ni.. she's very attuned to a lot of styles and combining them, trying to redefine dancepop, incorporating burlesque, dance, punk, rock, goth (in her own words). I can't really tell if she's Fi or Fe though. And I'm confused on if ISFP would be as conceptual and leading in their career like she is. She talks about being involved in every aspect of stage shows, is very enterprising with the whole Haus of Gaga thing.. not to mention she's involved in little side projects, like her deal to make new cameras for Polaroid. I don't know. Seems kind of a visionary approach in general.

Just to interrupt -- Lady GaGa was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper social before she was famous. I mean, SUPER social... to the point of seeming like an ESFP. She always went out and before she was famous, she got really hard-core into drugs. Anyway, she would party ALL the time. And even in high school, she liked to make a statement and stand out. She liked attention.

Personally, I see a lot of ExFP in her... I think she's an extremely driven ExFP... extremely ambitious and of course it's hard to know who she really is. But even if you ignore everything else I just wrote, I want to make the statement that I think she's an E, I think she's energized by being around people, and she always was going out when she was younger.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just to interrupt -- Lady GaGa was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper social before she was famous. I mean, SUPER social... to the point of seeming like an ESFP. She always went out and before she was famous, she got really hard-core into drugs. Anyway, she would party ALL the time. And even in high school, she liked to make a statement and stand out. She liked attention.

This is true and personnaly, my first guess was also ESFP, closely followed by ENFP for her.

Personally, I see a lot of ExFP in her... I think she's an extremely driven ExFP... extremely ambitious and of course it's hard to know who she really is. But even if you ignore everything else I just wrote, I want to make the statement that I think she's an E, I think she's energized by being around people, and she always was going out when she was younger.

Lady Gaga is very bossy and that can be because of the tertiary Te. But she also display a balance between a personal warmth and sometime a coldness. Sometimes she's meek and warm, sometimes she's more robotic. In high school, many others schoolgirls find her intelectual and haughty and she revendicate the coldness of a Grace Jones-like aestetic. I think she is more an ENTP. She's often compared with Madonna (ESTP) and they are really look-a-like, but Madonna is down-to-earth and Lady Gaga is eccentric.

By ther way, I like very much that interview of her:
[youtube=Vt3yJdymNnU]Lady Gaga en interview vidéo : Call me famous![/youtube]

"I'am sexy but not in the way that Britney Spears (ESFP) is sexy"
"I've not the same ideas about sexuality"
"I've a very particular aestetic, inspired from a future, inteligent world"
"This is supposed to be different from everybody, not just from her"

Actually, I think we were wrong about the Se/Ni balance. Actually she's a very nostalgic about 70's, 80's and early 90's pop culture, and her work is a revival, but a futurist revival with a taste for ceaseless for creativity, originality and provocation just for the sake of creativity, originality and provocation. The Se, like expressed in Just Dance and in her general activities is more used as a "devilish" function, Just Dance lyrics are very similars with the descriptions of Se in work with Extroverted Intuitors.

Other interview:
[youtube=Puhv6V_grvo]Lady GaGa Interview [Yahoo! Music France][/youtube]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
ISFP. Here we go...

ISFP.gif
000rg2k2-1.jpg
jjj.jpg

Incidentally, here's a good article that sums up what I think about Lady Gaga. It's called, "Lady Gaga and the death of sex." And it's by Camille Paglia, who I think is awesome.

Last edited:

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
XSTP surely. Thinker on Face. Perceiver on behavior. Sensor on Music. SeTi seems right.

Agree with bold but, TPs still extravert through Fe. I've noticed that TPs often have very expressive faces, especially ExTPs (tert Fe). After watching quite a few interviews just now I think she extraverts Te. She seems to have a generally 'flat' expression. I think she's xxTJ or xxFP. Actually, I'm quite sure she's not ISFP. Maybe not FP at all. There is this certain way top-two Fi users look when they genuinely smile, and she does not have that look. Perhaps none of her interview smiles have been genuine.

I would believe TJ, actually, because her whole career seems strangely strategized from the beginning... like the whole thing is some elaborate ruse, or experiment, lol... but failing that, it at least seems very well planned, like some vision she executed.

^I'm the opposite.. Her music is ok and all that, but she's interesting outside her music. She's got far better taste and more interesting things to say than other dance/pop artists. Half of them don't even write their own songs, so it doesn't take much to do that, I guess.

lol I actually agree, having never heard a song of hers before today I still don't like her music but there is something drawing me in... something intriguing that seems to lurk under that facade.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think she is ISFP, she reeks of dominant Fi with her heavy focus on being true to yourself(Born This Way), there is alot of Se too, she is very aware of the emergent trends and knows how to make a impact on people(usually visually).

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I think she is ISFP, she reeks of dominant Fi with her heavy focus on being true to yourself(Born This Way), there is alot of Se too, she is very aware of the emergent trends and knows how to make a impact on people(usually visually).

Couldn't that also be Enneagram 4 or w4?

Also I find that in interviews when she talks about how her fans should be true to themselves she seems to lack conviction. It seems empty. Like some ideal she only talks about, hardly believes.

Edit: Or, she might believe it, but be articulating it through a non-Fi function...

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More E than I
More S than N
I think she's more T than F... I'm surprised to see so many peg her as an F.
More P than J... I don't know why, I just get that vibe from her...
I think she's ESTP. Daring, cynical, a tad obnoxious...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
More E than I
More S than N
I think she's more T than F... I'm surprised to see so many peg her as an F.
More P than J... I don't know why, I just get that vibe from her...
I think she's ESTP. Daring, cynical, a tad obnoxious...

She'd be way more cool if she were ESTP.