• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady GaGa

What type is Lady Gaga?

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • ESTP

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • ESFP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ENFP

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ENTJ

• Total voters

Fecal McAngry

It's extremely unlikely that she's an INFP. INFP are usually mushy, wishy washy, soft people. They're generally not materialistic or ambitious. Lady Gaga is the opposite of these things. INFP have the lowest average income of all the types, even though they're one of the smartest.

You are right that LG is not an INFP. But your reasons are silly. In their arts, INFPs are often tyrannical control-freaks. We typically don't care very much about 9 out of 10 areas of our lives--but in those areas we do care about, we can be...persistent and unpleasant.

And re: materialism, one famous INFP songwriter was known to tell his bandmates "Let's write ourselves a swimming pool!"

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
It's extremely unlikely that she's an INFP. INFP are usually mushy, wishy washy, soft people. They're generally not materialistic or ambitious. Lady Gaga is the opposite of these things. INFP have the lowest average income of all the types, even though they're one of the smartest.

Was too lazy to find the original post, but I just wanted to add that this is a ridiculously simplistic approach to looking at things.

Saying that all INFPs are wishy-washy soft people is very much like saying that Twinkies only come in one flavour, pizza only comes with one type of crust, and stupids only come as TSDesigners.

Dear person, you. Are. Being. Ridiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiculllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllous!

Oh yeah, and +1 to Fecal McAngry's above response.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
IMO:

ESTP. She's clearly Beta in socionics, Se-dom as well, and in the temperaments of MBTI belongs in SP. She's an extrovert because she gets energy from being around people (watch her perform, not interview, honestly :p), seems to clearly have sensing preferences, thinker because there's very little Fe or Fi in her music stylings, and perceiver because...well, I don't think that one needs explaining.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a high IQ. I often simplify things down to the essentials and discard the minor details because they're usually not that important and they prevent you from forming general rules. But you INTP's wallow in minor details thus preventing you from accomplishing things, drawing conclusions, and making decisions. My approach works. I make correct analyses and decisions. I hate INTP. So fuck you, you piece of shit.

This thread is full of retards, except for me. You people are so stupid. Even when I give the correct answer and the correct reasons, you still don't understand and have your heads up your asses.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have a high IQ.

Precisely why IQ is bollocks.

:D

Looking at the rest of your post, I think you need to cool it. You're slandering people and trolling. Horribly. I'm sure the mods will ban you as soon as possible if you keep that up.

Fecal McAngry

I have a high IQ. I often simplify things down to the essentials and discard the minor details because they're usually not that important and they prevent you from forming general rules. But you INTP's wallow in minor details thus preventing you from accomplishing things, drawing conclusions, and making decisions. My approach works. I make correct analyses and decisions. I hate INTP. So fuck you, you piece of shit.

This thread is full of retards, except for me. You people are so stupid. Even when I give the correct answer and the correct reasons, you still don't understand and have your heads up your asses.
And people think I'm an arrogant twat:yay:

Fecal McAngry

^

I thought INFP.

One of the big conflicts between Bob Dylan and Joan Baez was a prototypical conflict between INFPs and ENFJs. Joan was the Queen Bee of anti-war folkie movement of the day. Bob was the poet laureate of that scene, churning out brilliant "protest song" after "protest song." Yet he never wished to be part of any movement per se, and to paraphrase Joan, "Bob never wants to be responsible for anything." When writing songs seemingly didn't accomplish anything, and when people began to label him as "the voice of" and "the leader of" said movement, Bob turned away in disgust...

YouTube - Another Side of Bob Dylan - 08 My Back Pages

Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin' high and mighty traps
Pounced with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps
"We'll meet on edges, soon," said I
Proud 'neath heated brow.
Ah, but I was so much older then,
I'm younger than that now.

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
"Rip down all hate," I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull. I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow.

Girls' faces formed the forward path
From phony jealousy
To memorizing politics
Of ancient history
Flung down by corpse evangelists
Unthought of, though, somehow.

A self-ordained professor's tongue
Too serious to fool
Spouted out that liberty
Is just equality in school
"Equality," I spoke the word
As if a wedding vow.

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand
At the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach
My pathway led by confusion boats
Mutiny from stern to bow.

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
Too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking
I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow.

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP

HAHAHA oh man.
Okay, you win. Your life is fulfilled. Hilarious parody of an INTJ archetype.

....Oh wait, you weren't joking?
Oh...

Here's a helmet. And some goggles. It must be tough swimming in your own shit all the time. :)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And re: materialism, one famous INFP songwriter was known to tell his bandmates "Let's write ourselves a swimming pool!"

No, McCartney was the one who said that, not Lennon. And McCartney's an SFP the bone.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
2. She has intellectual aspirations. She doesn't come off as shallow. So she's an N. She's into conceptual art and she wants to be like Andy Warhol. She's not like a sensor at all. Sensors are almost always strongly ANTI intellectual. They don't give a crap about intellectual concepts.

This is thoroughly retarded. Sensors are not anti-intellectual and iNtuitives don't have a monopoly on intellectual aspirations.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

4. She's ambitious and driven. She works hard. She's a J. Also, it seems like she is directing her own career in a calculated, planned fashion, using long term vision. This is a J thing too.

This is also thoroughly retarded. If Js were the only people with amibition and drive, no Ps would ever be successful.

You...still have no idea what you're talking about.

Go back to INTJ forum or wherever you came from, or at the very least learn some basic typology before you go spouting off total bullshit about how "Ss are anti-intellectual" and "Ps never work hard." :doh:

Anyone who makes strange and random comments is an NP though!

And apparently Sensors are "anti-intellectual." What a crock.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
Here's some brilliance from my hero Rich Juzwiak:

In interviews, she consistently supplies crystalline meanings for her opaque lyrics, playing along with the kids on the playground who ascribe head-scratching readings to pop songs (like when people decided Cassie's "Me & U" was about giving head). Because it isn't otherwise evident, she's had to explain that "Poker Face" is about fantasizing about a chick while she's with her dude, that "Dance in the Dark" is about a woman with such low self-esteem that she only fucks with the lights off, that "Speechless" is a plea to her father to undergo open-heart surgery. You like self-sufficiency with your multi-hyphenation? This singer-songwriter-disco-goddess-clotheshorse will give you self-sufficiency! You barely need to listen at all: She's like a self-cleaning oven who'll eat the food and then burp for you.

New York Music - Lady Gaga Approximately - page 1

I'm not a fan.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Lady Gaga is being interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight (or at least it's being aired tonight).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lady Gaga is definitely FP, but I'm not sure about E/I and N/S. SFPs are crazy physically and NFPs are crazy psychologically. she seems like both to me. I'm leaning toward NFP though because she seems really balanced on E/I (ENFPs tend to be somewhat introverted and INFPs tend to be somewhat extraverted. with SFPs, ISFPs are usually extremely introverted and ESFPs are often the most extraverted of any type). an interview where she talked about her high school career also makes me think N. apparently everything she did was considered provocative or overly eccentric so she toned herself down a bit because she felt like a freak. after high school, apparently she just accepted that she was a freak rolled with it. As an ENFP, I feel kinda like a freak myself trying to fit in with normal S people and TJs. NPs (Ne) and FPs (Fe) both tend to be independent, creative, and extremely crazy and wild. when you put the two together, you can see how people would think of us as freaks. I don't necessarily blame them though, I take it as a compliment.

KDude

I'm not too into her music, but I'm impressed by her.. She's only 23, and mega huge by her own power, songwriting skills, and wit. She didn't start out with backing from a big corp (like many Disney tweens) and wasn't quite surrounded with mentors either (like Michael Jackson). The last person to do that was Madonna. Who was an ESTP.. and it seems like GaGa is probably an ESTP herself.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I agree that she is ESTP, even though she seems sheepish and shy in interviews, that may be an act. She is no way NF or NT. Her outfits are extremely provocative, but also it seems that she strips away society's conformity to be a walking display of feminine physique and sensuality with very strong assertiveness traits. A lot of her songs are about sex. I love her two songs that are not about sex. I think they are very well done, not too mushy because she has a signature hard-core, simple thing about her that I really like. I am surprised that I like her this much. She just radiates ambition. And her voice is very sweet and jazzy.

Watch this : YouTube - Lady Gaga - Brown Eyes (Live at Oxegen Festival 2009) HQ

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP 3w4 ...the dom Ti makes her seem a lil more weird and intellectual (her julieard past + intellectual interests/essays)...but shes still Se-Ni over Ne-Si.

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
Okay.. she's totally an IXFP. As far as temperament goes, she doesn't seem concerned at all with amassing knowledge (NTs) or possessing stability (SJs). She's very much concerned with aesthetic particulars (she said she spends all of her time planning shows and costumes and the like, and she writes primarily about sex (SP); but at the same time she does seem very much concerned with bringing attention to things that contradict her ideals. And she is extremely idealistic. I don't like most of her songs and think that for the most part, they've been pretty shallow, but I found this: YouTube - Lady GaGa - "Fooled Me Again, Honest Eyes" - LIVE Acoustic Performance
and would guess that this is more along the lines of what is truly representative of her. It seems like she's using the fame right now :newwink:, and that the more sure she is of her fan base and her continued popularity, the more authentic her music is going to become. I've had mixed feelings about her, as I've loved her aesthetic but hated her music; but now that I've seen some of her earlier work and observed more closely her interviews, I can definitely say that I do respect her.

Oh, and she's definitely introverted. Look at the difference between her and Amanda Palmer, an EXFP. YouTube - Amanda Palmer: 'The Living Room' (Live at Paradise) 11.27.06

Oh, and I know I coincidently just posted something about her. She happens to be my singular musical obsession.