• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady GaGa

What type is Lady Gaga?

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • ESTP

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • ESFP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ENFP

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ENTJ

• Total voters

Fecal McAngry

There is a difference between being a musical performer and wearing outrageous outfits of frogheads just for attention. An introvert would never purposely try to do that.
Again, some of the most overtly provocative individuals are introverts. Not that I find Lady Gaga particularly provocative. Certainly Eminem, an ISTP, is far more so, certainly David Bowie in his day was, certainly when John (INFP) and Yoko (INTJ) staged bed-ins, this was regarded as outrageous.

The question of whether Lady Gaga is an introvert is best answered by asking the question "Is Lady Gaga an introvert."

Imagine that:doh:

And to answer that question, your best source of information is biographical.

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't read my poker face.
Po-po-po-po ---- okay I'll shut up now.

Fecal McAngry, I love you. I love your avatar, and your point of view. But you ARE pretty long-winded with your responses for an INFP. ;)

Fecal McAngry

Could be. I had a similar thought.
You know, it really is funny, but when I arrived at TC, having been doing this for over twenty years, and poorly for the first 5 or 10, I saw all these people who clearly don't know what they're doing attempting to type people by the most convoluted methods imaginable, or methods which appear simple but have very little reliability. "So and so must be an INTP because I see a lot of tertiary Si in him" or "He's interested in technology, therefore he must be an NT." What you find as you gain experience in this field is that it's a lot like any other field--you don't overcomplicate the process needlessly, you focus on the obvious before you focus on the veiled, you don't guess when you can know, yada yada yada. Occam's razor crap. An acquaintance who became a pilot is fond of the expression "Slow is smooth and smooth is fast." Another great phrase which comes to mind is by Orwell: "To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle."

Or as Lennon put it,

Children, don't do what I have done
I couldn't walk, and I tried to run

Chloe

I'd be remiss if I didn't add this hilarious Lou Reed interview. When INFPs enjoy fucking with people, we can be very funny:

YouTube - Lou Reed Interview

What do you like most in life?
Everything.
Is there anything you like better than others?
No.
Where do you spend your money?
On drugs.
For other people?
Right.

Lady Gaga really has the same vibe as Lou Reed. HEHE. :D

MBTI Type
ENTP
the ability to relate to a celebrity is not evidence that he/she is iNtuitive.

Gaga is ESTP. she's a performer, a partier, a shock artist. "i've had a little bit too much, all of the people start to rush...where are my keys i lost my phone... but it's alright, just dance." in no way is her music meant to be reflected upon. both lyrically and musically, it's meant to be felt, in real time. SP.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ She is a total N. No doubt about it. Who said all N's needed their music to be reflected upon? Who said all her music was not meant to be reflected upon?

As a musician, not all of it is mean to be deeply broken apart. It also has emotion behind it. NT for Lady Gaga. You know what? Someone should email her and tell her to take the damn test.

I may just do that.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There is a difference between being a musical performer and wearing outrageous outfits of frogheads just for attention. An introvert would never purposely try to do that.

Enneagram 3's are like this. She is probably a 4w3; and they are basically attention whores. +1

I'm an introverted 4w3 and I'm a huge attention whore. When I perform and dress, its always some how points at ME and how I can get ATTENTION. Being introverted doesn't mean we're shy or afraid to show the world our freakiness, it just means we have a different reason/ways to interact with others and such.

MBTI Type
ENTP
she's a glaring ESTP. even if you forget her music. even if.
how is she intuitive?
"she's weird, she's different" so what?
"she's smart and articulate" so what?
she's not NP, since her oddity manifests in her dress, her music, and her performance, not as wild cognitive leaps. she's more likely SP than NJ because of her partying and ability to dance and sing live simultaneously. and she's not a feeler, obviously. she's too competitive.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
she's a glaring ESTP. even if you forget her music. even if.
how is she intuitive?
she's not NP, since her oddity manifests in her dress, her music, and her performance, not as wild cognitive leaps. she's more likely SP than NJ because of her partying and ability to dance and sing live simultaneously. and she's not a feeler, obviously. she's too competitive.

and notice how her and madonna looked like aura twins when they were on snl?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
how is she intuitive?

Watched a few of the interviews posted here, and I gotta say, +1.

I'm pretty tired of the "OMG SHE'S NOT A BORING MORON, SO OBVIOUSLY N!!"

I'm definitely leaning toward ISFP after watching a few of these interviews.

Fecal McAngry

the ability to relate to a celebrity is not evidence that he/she is iNtuitive.

Gaga is ESTP. she's a performer, a partier, a shock artist. "i've had a little bit too much, all of the people start to rush...where are my keys i lost my phone... but it's alright, just dance." in no way is her music meant to be reflected upon. both lyrically and musically, it's meant to be felt, in real time. SP.
Lady Gaga would have to be an extrovert and thinker to be an ESTP.

The Madonnas of the world are pretty rare.

ESTPs like Madonna and Arnold can do something ISFPs cannot--stay in the glare of the public eye for very long periods of time and dominate without getting tired. Other types can certainly do this too--Muhammad Ali is an ESFP, as was Elvis--but when ISFPs get very, very successful, they typically retreat after periods of intense exposure. Michael Jackson did this, but of course Lady Gaga is nowhere near that level of success. She is, however, already showing signs of burnout...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Watched a few of the interviews posted here, and I gotta say, +1.

I'm pretty tired of the "OMG SHE'S NOT A BORING MORON, SO OBVIOUSLY N!!"

I'm definitely leaning toward ISFP after watching a few of these interviews.

Interesting. Why do you think ISFP?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. Why do you think ISFP?

Well Se as one of her top two functions is obvious. She's all about making a direct sensory impact, so that reduces her to xSxP pretty quickly.

As for the Fi, it's just a question of personal style in her interviews. ISFPs are frequently avant garde trend-setters--Se is typically very aware of what's current and popular, and she's very overtly aware of her own awareness of such trends, which suggests Se as an auxiliary function (Lenore theorizes that most people "preach the auxiliary" because it's the strongest function that we consciously realize we're good at and choose to listen to frequently--as opposed to the dominant, which is often so ingrained into our perspectives that we don't even realize the full extent of its effects on us.)

I don't really see any particular evidence of Ti. She seems pretty wrapped up in doing her own thing according to what her values say is right at the time--look at her snippy responses to the reporters. She doesn't see any value in the trivial questions they're asking her and doesn't see any reason her answers to these arbitrary questions have any importance to anything. (Much like Bob Dylan in the interview BlackCat posted in that thread--compare.)

But she's also not very overtly emotionally expressive, at least not in public--which is typical of Fi doms. They know what's important to them and they're not going to bend on that, but they don't see any particular reason to justify the way they feel about things to others. Note her obvious indignation at having her identity "boxed in" by what she sees as "ridiculous questions." This is standard fare for Fi, which places great emphasis on personal individuality and staying true to one's values.

The way Gaga arrogantly dismisses interviewers' dumb questions with flashes of wry (tertiary) Ni reminds me of Bob Dylan, who I still maintain is also ISFP.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I still say ENTJ.

And Madonna's ENTJ too. Y'all need to get up on celebrity gossip!

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFJ ENFJ ENFJ ENFJ ENFJ ENFJ

Any other answer is wrong

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've watched her videos and seen her interviews. I like her videos, especially poker face. I like a lot of dance songs. Her songs aren't the best dance songs, but they're pretty good. I give her credit for making it this far. A lot of people don't.

1. She's extroverted as hell. It seems like she spends a LOT of time getting attention from people. She danced in burlesque shows in bars before she became successful. Why would an introvert choose that as a way to make a living? When she met with her fans, she signed autographs for ALL of them (a huge crowd) and she kissed and touched them too. Her materialism also points to her being an extrovert.

2. She has intellectual aspirations. She doesn't come off as shallow. So she's an N. She's into conceptual art and she wants to be like Andy Warhol. She's not like a sensor at all. Sensors are almost always strongly ANTI intellectual. They don't give a crap about intellectual concepts.

3. She's absolutely a Feeler. She cares a lot about people and relations. She goes out of her way to kiss up to people, make them feel good, get them to like her, and make connections. Also she donated money to Haiti.

4. She's ambitious and driven. She works hard. She's a J. Also, it seems like she is directing her own career in a calculated, planned fashion, using long term vision. This is a J thing too.

ENFJ

This description of ENFJ sounds exactly like her:
ENFJ Profile
And this sounds exactly like her too:
Portrait of an ENFJ

I saw how she acted with her fans. She was being totally ENFJ with them - giving them love & support and free pizza. She flatters people all the time. Tells them exactly what they want to hear.

She reminds you somewhat of ENTJ's and INTJ's because she's an NJ.
She's driven like an NTJ.