• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady GaGa

What type is Lady Gaga?

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • ESTP

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • ESFP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ENFP

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ENTJ

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, I am a ma'am :D

So when they hold themselves to those standards, they are just even more driven. Lady Gaga has a very interesting personality. There is no debate on the N. She is so weird! I like how weird she is.

Me too

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sorry, I am a ma'am :D

So when they hold themselves to those standards, they are just even more driven. Lady Gaga has a very interesting personality. There is no debate on the N. She is so weird! I like how weird she is.

Ma'am... what is up with the chloroform? :shock:

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
Really? She reminds me more about David Bowie and maybe Marilyn Manson in a girly form. What type are those?

I'm willing to bet that David Bowie is an INTP or an ENTP, so is Manson. Fairly certain with Manson being an INTP, not well-versed enough in Bowie to make an accurate guess - Oh the horror!

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
I think she is much to over the top to be an introvert. She is also pretty weird (yes, I am stereotyping, but she herself felt 'weird') so I say N.

I think she is an ENxP.

Introverts can be over the top if they find a way to express their inner thoughts through external expressions - an outpouring of some of the outlandish thoughts that inhabit their minds. Introverts can also sell a 'lie' as their image to fit in line with the greater target audience and sell more albums. This is what I think Lady Gaga consciously does - and does so pretty brilliantly. She has built up a stage personality for herself because it is much more sellable, not to mention makes her more enigmatic and magnetic. The perfect pitch, so to speak.

Fecal McAngry

Ok - watched some of those videos. I seriously doubt she is an INTJ.
- There is an idealism and caring which she expresses that a young INTJ wouldn't have
- An INTJ would never have stayed in that restaurant; they would have walked out
- Do INTJs love to cook?

She seems very much like an NF to me. What about INFP? It would explain the idealism, visual artistry, immense creativity, and perfectionism.
She is an I_FP, but if you watch her interviews/read her interviews or simply look at her art and know what to look for, she obviously extroverts Se, not Ne.

Here are four INFP musicians for comparison:

YouTube - Bob Dylan - San Francisco Press Conference 1965 Part 2

YouTube - Sinead o Connor 5-12-08 interview

YouTube - Nirvana-kurt cobain 1993 Interview

YouTube - John Lennon-Interview 1968 part 1

INFPs introvert sensation and it's their 3rd function, as a result, they pay far less attention to any construction of sensory artifice than do ISFPs--Prince, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, etc. Unlike many ISFPs, INFP musicians typically make no distinction between appearance onstage and appearance off, to paraphrase Cobain on the adaptation of "gungewear" as a style in the early 90s, "these were the clothes we wore!" Their communication style and attention is far more diffuse and vague than is that of ISFPs; indeed, in interviews, INFPs will often deliberately avoid focusing on any specific loci (eye contact, for example) in order not to be overwhelmed by sensory material and to see the forest rather than the trees. While any specific sentence used by INFPs may resemble a sentence used by ISFPs, INFPs connect sentences/statements that are apparently disparate and random into a mosaic to paint a portrait of a concrete external whole (Ne)...

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
I don't think many Introverts have the "look at me, look at me!" mentality in any part of themselves. She is definitely an Extrovert.

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
Many of the very best performers in the arts are introverts.

There is a difference between being a musical performer and wearing outrageous outfits of frogheads just for attention. An introvert would never purposely try to do that.

Fecal McAngry

There is a difference between being a musical performer and wearing outrageous outfits of frogheads just for attention. An introvert would never purposely try to do that.

But they do. Over and over again. That's empirical proof that your theory is flawed. Jimi Hendrix, Prince, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Mick Jagger, David Bowie...even an INFP like Lou Reed went through a glam-rock phase:

YouTube - 4) Lou Reed - Vicious - live in Paris, 1974

Kurt wearing a dress onstage: YouTube - NIrvana Dive 01/23/93 Rio de Janeiro

A lot of introverts are attention whores. I can certainly be an attention whore.

Afkan

I'm guessing what this means is that Madonna would have been more like Gaga if she wanted to accomplish what Gaga has accomplished in this day and age. Madonna has always been a chameleon, changing her own identity as she sees fit.

See, that's my hangup though on the whole Madonna/Lady Gaga thing. Lady Gaga has changed her look as well as image. She is in this "N" looking phase, but only time will tell...
And when she started her "solo" music career she did not look N to me. Am I the only one who's noticed this?

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP

I'm an INTP and I've been an onstage performer for 8 years, a successful one in my country too. And I LOVE wearing outrageous outfits, simply because they're fun to wear. Being an 'introvert' doesn't mean that we are unable or unwilling to express ourselves - it just means we tend to focus and favour internal thinking, that's it. There can always be duality, and in fact, an introvert who is able to sustain this duality often does it pretty well.

Don't look at the outrageous outfits and frogheads as a form of literal representation, but as something more of a euphemism for her bolder artistic ideas. She is purposely doing it because it gets people talking and guessing - just look at the number of page views THIS thread has? There is very logical reasoning behind her wanting to wear outlandish outfits. Wear crazy suits: Win over the fashion-conscious, make fashion magazine headlines, keeps people talking and guessing. Say controversial things: Piss off the conservatives, challenge the opinions of the masses.

By creating a persona that is over-the-top, almost like a caricature, it sustains our interest, simply because such a real-life person doesn't seem plausible. The outfits are all part of the facade. And building facades is something that introverts can do equally as well as - if not better than - extroverts because they / we have sussed out the mechanics and methodical approach of it in our heads prior to the external execution of it.

Is this a fair enough assessment for you? There is a difference in being an introvert to being an outright bore, you know? :) You seem to have mixed the two up into one definition.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think many Introverts have the "look at me, look at me!" mentality in any part of themselves. She is definitely an Extrovert.

Enneagram 3's are like this. She is probably a 4w3; and they are basically attention whores.

Fecal McAngry

But they do. Over and over again. That's empirical proof that your theory is flawed. Jimi Hendrix, Prince, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Mick Jagger, David Bowie...even an INFP like Lou Reed went through a glam-rock phase:

YouTube - 4) Lou Reed - Vicious - live in Paris, 1974

Kurt wearing a dress onstage: YouTube - NIrvana Dive 01/23/93 Rio de Janeiro

A lot of introverts are attention whores. I can certainly be an attention whore.

I'd be remiss if I didn't add this hilarious Lou Reed interview. When INFPs enjoy fucking with people, we can be very funny:

YouTube - Lou Reed Interview

What do you like most in life?
Everything.
Is there anything you like better than others?
No.
Where do you spend your money?
On drugs.
For other people?
Right.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being an 'introvert' doesn't mean that we are unable or unwilling to express ourselves - it just means we tend to focus and favour internal thinking, that's it. There can always be duality, and in fact, an introvert who is able to sustain this duality often does it pretty well.

Don't look at the outrageous outfits and frogheads as a form of literal representation, but as something more of a euphemism for her bolder artistic ideas. She is purposely doing it because it gets people talking and guessing - just look at the number of page views THIS thread has? There is very logical reasoning behind her wanting to wear outlandish outfits. Wear crazy suits: Win over the fashion-conscious, make fashion magazine headlines, keeps people talking and guessing. Say controversial things: Piss off the conservatives, challenge the opinions of the masses.

By creating a persona that is over-the-top, almost like a caricature, it sustains our interest, simply because such a real-life person doesn't seem plausible. The outfits are all part of the facade. And building facades is something that introverts can do equally as well as - if not better than - extroverts because they / we have sussed out the mechanics and methodical approach of it in our heads prior to the external execution of it.

+1

I think the outfits are part of the expression of her "art". It makes her and the performances that much more interesting.

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
This interview might provide some insight, where she explains the ideology behind some of her outfits.
YouTube - INTERVIEW OPRAH LADY GAGA [JANUARY15 2010] #1

"The inspiration comes naturally, but I put a lot of time and effort into everything I do, to the point where I do nothing else and I work creatively all day." The way she prepares herself is very methodical, involving research and detail.

This quote is most telling:

""Being provocative is not just about getting people's attention; it's about saying something that really affects people, in a positive way. All the things that I do, in terms of The Fame and The Fame Monster, is to make things easier to swallow - this kind of horrific media world that we live in"

=

What I said, about euphemisms for her art.

This screams a definite N and T.

I'm biased, and will go for her being an INTP. :) But if she's an INTP that has managed to reach a happy medium between introverted thinking and extrovert expression.

Fecal McAngry

This interview might provide some insight, where she explains the ideology behind some of her outfits.
YouTube - INTERVIEW OPRAH LADY GAGA [JANUARY15 2010] #1

"The inspiration comes naturally, but I put a lot of time and effort into everything I do, to the point where I do nothing else and I work creatively all day." The way she prepares herself is very methodical, involving research and detail.

This quote is most telling:

""Being provocative is not just about getting people's attention; it's about saying something that really affects people, in a positive way. All the things that I do, in terms of The Fame and The Fame Monster, is to make things easier to swallow - this kind of horrific media world that we live in"

=

What I said, about euphemisms for her art.

This screams a definite N and T.
An NT with predominantly emotional motivating force?