User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Lady Gaga?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

4 4.00%
  • ESTP

6 6.00%
  • ESTJ

1 1.00%
  • ISFJ

2 2.00%
  • ISFP

21 21.00%
  • ESFP

10 10.00%
  • ESFJ

2 2.00%
  • INFJ

6 6.00%
  • INFP

6 6.00%
  • ENFP

18 18.00%
  • ENFJ

7 7.00%
  • INTJ

1 1.00%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

10 10.00%
  • ENTJ

6 6.00%
First 13212223242533 Last

Thread: Lady GaGa

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I think she is ENTP or ENFP for sure. Probably ENTP. Definite Thinker vibe, especially in interviews, in which she often calls out the interviewer unabashedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    She doesn;t seem E to me and the Fi-thing is pretty clear to me. Then I could type her as an ISFP or an INFP... Errr... I think I'd go for INFP.
    Could an INFP ever troll people (like interviewers).. you know, like have an aggressive off puttish persona? Sometimes she'll do that.. There was an interview that comes to mind where this journalist was asking about her dating life, and Gaga said she just wants "Big dicks". And then kind of blew off any hint of romanticism until the interview went nowhere. She doesn't seem serious about it (because she'll hint at romanticism elsewhere), but I dunno... I'd think an INFP would feel a little guilty after awhile with saying things they didn't mean or that might cause offense. Like they couldn't help communicating what they're really trying to offer to the world.

Pardon if I'm being simplistic.. It's just a thought.

Oh, and secondly, she is CONSTANTLY dressing extravagantly/stylishly. She likes to say she doesn't even like dressing plain around the house. Seems like a sensor thing.

Also, she is always pointing out how she is very hands on about all of her work.. down to stage design, choreography, etc.. Sometimes she never talks about the conceptual aspect. She points out what she's doing.. and how busy she is. Not to say NFs aren't hands on, but I think they'd be more likely to enjoy talking about the conceptual and idealistic aspects of their work.

Basically, there are subtleties in her speech and behavior that de-emphasize talking about ideals or meanings, and instead, she places an emphasis on performance, sensory experiences, visual impact, action. About the only big change I've heard her say she wants to bring to the world is "I want to revolutionize pop music", but I don't even know what she means by that. I bet an NF would say more.

Wow.. sorry for typing so much

MBTI
    INFX

Default I beg to differ.

I may have a slight bias (both as a fan and an INFP), but I think she fits the INFP personality type quite well.

As far as your interview point with the "big dick" quote, there's a possibility that she may have been asked that question on multiple occasions. I know that when I'm repeatedly asked one thing, the first time is okay but around the 20th time or so it becomes a little... routine, and I am more likely to say something different to make sure they're listening.

Extravagant Dressing? Have you not heard some of her interviews. Most of them are art pieces that she wears, mainly because she sees herself as a performance artist.

When it comes to work, I can't finish anything unless it meets my standards. Recently, she began her first leg of her tour with one set. Two weeks before leaving for the European part of the tour, she threw out everything for the original version of the tour and made a totally different everything. And her albums are almost entirely based around concepts. The Fame (for the most part) is about how you can feel like your own celebrity without having the typical version of fame. The Fame Monster is about the price you pay for fame and how focusing so much on expressing yourself makes you forget about the "monsters" of fame. Look up the interviews about her albums.

I love symbolism and metaphors and somethings other people may view as odd, and so does she.

And as for the Haus of Gaga: I have a small circle of people whose opinions I trust and who I want to be around all the time. A collaborative (desire for harmony) effort.

hmm, you make a good point about the theme of The Fame album. It is a conceptual deal, you're right.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Could an INFP ever troll people (like interviewers).. you know, like have an aggressive off puttish persona? Sometimes she'll do that.. There was an interview that comes to mind where this journalist was asking about her dating life, and Gaga said she just wants "Big dicks". And then kind of blew off any hint of romanticism until the interview went nowhere. She doesn't seem serious about it (because she'll hint at romanticism elsewhere), but I dunno... I'd think an INFP would feel a little guilty after awhile with saying things they didn't mean or that might cause offense. Like they couldn't help communicating what they're really trying to offer to the world.

Pardon if I'm being simplistic.. It's just a thought.

Oh, and secondly, she is CONSTANTLY dressing extravagantly/stylishly. She likes to say she doesn't even like dressing plain around the house. Seems like a sensor thing.

Also, she is always pointing out how she is very hands on about all of her work.. down to stage design, choreography, etc.. Sometimes she never talks about the conceptual aspect.
    She points out what she's doing.. and how busy she is. Not to say NFs aren't hands on, but I think they'd be more likely to enjoy talking about the conceptual and idealistic aspects of their work.

Basically, there are subtleties in her speech and behavior that de-emphasize talking about ideals or meanings, and instead, she places an emphasis on performance, sensory experiences, visual impact, action. About the only big change I've heard her say she wants to bring to the world is "I want to revolutionize pop music", but I don't even know what she means by that. I bet an NF would say more.

Wow.. sorry for typing so much
    1. an INFP can troll people, absolutely. if the natural state is to seem a bit spaced out and otherworldly to others anyway, there is confusion or ambiguity on the observer's side that the infp could easily run with if they wanted to... i think there is an inherent trolldom in the irreverent humor and rolleyes cynicism of many INF's, which comes out more when the INF individual doesn't feel understood, or doesnt think that there is reason to be serious in a given moment.

2. guilt/sincerity: if it's playful trolling, i don't see why there would be any guilt stopping us. most INFPs i know, myself included, are pretty ridiculous with our jokes - our awareness of others' perceptions and assessments can enhance our tendency to toy with that... in general, i thin INFP's are a lot sillier and more capable of being light in ways that perhaps is not always apparent to everyone else because of the general emotional intensity that comes off.

3. INF's are very much capable of withholding what the deeper meanings of their personal works and interests are. now, analysing things other people do is fine and frequently indulged in, but with infp's in particular there seems to be a sense of hesitation to express the deeper personal musings publicly because they'll be misinterpreted, over-analysed, read into, misjudged, etc. - i know if i were in the mainstream media i'd cut down on elaboration, too. not because meanings arent there or arent important to me, but because a) i dont want to invite the entire world into my bubble and b) people like an enigma! it sells more records to keep people on their toes, most times!

also, many infps are very aesthetically oriented; tertiary si seems to join with secondary ne, and guided by fi, create a lexicon of personal images, textures, sounds, and tastes, all with deeper subjective meaning that may be obscured by the sheer grandiosity, irreverence, or style with which it is expressed

other thoughts on lady gaga:

a lot of her lyrical content seems enneagram 4 in nature to me.

a lot of her visual choices are a strange mix of grotesque and beautiful; seem 4w5

some of her clothing choices are bizarre, yet elegant, perhaps 4w3 in nature

i don't think she is certainly an INFP, or any other type though. i have no idea. i could see INFx for the above reasons, but she seems to be a master of trickery to a degree that it seems damn near impossible to separate the arbitrary, "stage persona" stuff from the real person behind the show. i think perhaps the INFx ennegram 4 could be her chosen audience, so that bleeds into her persona or something like that. she appears NT in many ways to me.

my best guess is xNxx, and that's pretty vague!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't like her music much, but I do like her. She seems sincere and capable of humility, and is socially conscious.

Go Gaga.

And She's a feeler to the MAX.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ENFP, enneagram 4w3 sx/so. Maybe I'll argue more about this later.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Since I'm not a fan, I don't know that much about her. But her song and video "Bad Romance" is INFP 4w5 all the way.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ENTJ

High work drive, seems decisive, semi-thoughtful, outwardly drawn, hard-headed...

Wow, almost everyone said P, I just don't see it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Based on obsessive interview watching, music listening, and performance attending my best guess is that Gaga is an INFJ who publicly inhabits her highly developed ESTP shadow. She is her own puppet.

Why INFJ? Because she has a Rilke quote tattooed on her left arm. INFJs freakin' LOVE Rilke.