User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Lady Gaga?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

4 4.00%
  • ESTP

6 6.00%
  • ESTJ

1 1.00%
  • ISFJ

2 2.00%
  • ISFP

21 21.00%
  • ESFP

10 10.00%
  • ESFJ

2 2.00%
  • INFJ

6 6.00%
  • INFP

6 6.00%
  • ENFP

18 18.00%
  • ENFJ

7 7.00%
  • INTJ

1 1.00%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

10 10.00%
  • ENTJ

6 6.00%
First 11192021222331 Last

Thread: Lady GaGa

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

Actually, I'm not so sure. The commercial aspect still gets me. And I don't like most of her songs. But I would respect her more if she was actually moving toward something that's more authentic, which very well may be the case.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jackandthebeast View Post
    I would respect her more if she was actually moving toward something that's more authentic
    You're such a damn Fi user its not even funny . In the real world sense of authentic, she is being authentic. Her style of music is "out there" on its own. I would hardly compare her to a cookie cutter with little authenticity. She went to julliard. Im confident in guessing that she can write her own songs . I think its typical of certain INXXs to suspect that anyone famous is unauthentic... and its annoying.

MBTI
    INTP

Gaga's music really isn't that far off from generic pop music. Sure she doesn't sound exactly the same as Rihanna, Beyonce, Christina, or anyone, but she doesn't sound that different from them, either (and all non-Gaga pop stars certainly don't form some undifferentiated mass). The issue is that when she calls she stuff capital-A Art, there's always an implication that no other pop stars make Art. For her alone to deserve that status, she'd have to sound completely unlike anyone else. It's from watching and reading interviews with her that I've formed my negative opinion; if I'd only ever heard the music and seen the videos I'd feel mostly neutral toward her. She talks about herself in a way that shows she thinks she's doing something very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I think its typical of certain INXXs to suspect that anyone famous is unauthentic... and its annoying.
    It is true that 'authenticity' has little to do with pop music. She is a made-up character for commercial purposes, like Spice Girls. You can twist definitions in any way you want, it won't change a thing.

That being said, I don't think of this as a problem. It is the rule of the mainstream, from which there are exceptions. I simply dislike and utterly reject her character, her music and her 'message' in every possible way, and it's very hard NOT to bump into Lady Gaga nowadays.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmmm. I see lots of performers as "inauthentic" but I don't consider Lady Gaga one of them. If anything, I think she's more genuinely creative than some in terms of her style.

I think she is authentic, in fact I think she's Fi...but Fi combined with Se, not Ne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    2. She has intellectual aspirations. She doesn't come off as shallow. So she's an N. She's into conceptual art and she wants to be like Andy Warhol. She's not like a sensor at all. Sensors are almost always strongly ANTI intellectual. They don't give a crap about intellectual concepts.
    Lots of SPs love Andy Warhol. This paragraph is utterly absurd.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    You're such a damn Fi user its not even funny . In the real world sense of authentic, she is being authentic. Her style of music is "out there" on its own. I would hardly compare her to a cookie cutter with little authenticity. She went to julliard. Im confident in guessing that she can write her own songs . I think its typical of certain INXXs to suspect that anyone famous is unauthentic... and its annoying.
    She's a 4... caring about authenticity has nothing to do with Fi.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

after seeing more interviews, she seems more isfp to me now. she's even honest about projecting a different persona out there, and that the real one is off limits. the persona is probably estp though.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Yes - ISFP for the win
    I N V I C T U S

One cute/funny interview I liked was w/ Jonathan Ross recently..

Part 1

Part 2