User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Lady Gaga?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

4 4.00%
  • ESTP

6 6.00%
  • ESTJ

1 1.00%
  • ISFJ

2 2.00%
  • ISFP

21 21.00%
  • ESFP

10 10.00%
  • ESFJ

2 2.00%
  • INFJ

6 6.00%
  • INFP

6 6.00%
  • ENFP

18 18.00%
  • ENFJ

7 7.00%
  • INTJ

1 1.00%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

10 10.00%
  • ENTJ

6 6.00%
First 10181920212230 Last

Thread: Lady GaGa

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    No, McCartney was the one who said that, not Lennon. And McCartney's an SFP the bone.
    Anyone who makes strange and random comments is an NP though!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post

2. She has intellectual aspirations. She doesn't come off as shallow. So she's an N. She's into conceptual art and she wants to be like Andy Warhol. She's not like a sensor at all. Sensors are almost always strongly ANTI intellectual. They don't give a crap about intellectual concepts.
    This is thoroughly retarded. Sensors are not anti-intellectual and iNtuitives don't have a monopoly on intellectual aspirations.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    4. She's ambitious and driven. She works hard. She's a J. Also, it seems like she is directing her own career in a calculated, planned fashion, using long term vision. This is a J thing too.
    This is also thoroughly retarded. If Js were the only people with amibition and drive, no Ps would ever be successful.

You...still have no idea what you're talking about.

Go back to INTJ forum or wherever you came from, or at the very least learn some basic typology before you go spouting off total bullshit about how "Ss are anti-intellectual" and "Ps never work hard."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Anyone who makes strange and random comments is an NP though!
    And apparently Sensors are "anti-intellectual." What a crock.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP

Here's some brilliance from my hero Rich Juzwiak:

In interviews, she consistently supplies crystalline meanings for her opaque lyrics, playing along with the kids on the playground who ascribe head-scratching readings to pop songs (like when people decided Cassie's "Me & U" was about giving head). Because it isn't otherwise evident, she's had to explain that "Poker Face" is about fantasizing about a chick while she's with her dude, that "Dance in the Dark" is about a woman with such low self-esteem that she only fucks with the lights off, that "Speechless" is a plea to her father to undergo open-heart surgery. You like self-sufficiency with your multi-hyphenation? This singer-songwriter-disco-goddess-clotheshorse will give you self-sufficiency! You barely need to listen at all: She's like a self-cleaning oven who'll eat the food and then burp for you.

New York Music - Lady Gaga Approximately - page 1

I'm not a fan.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Lady Gaga is being interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight (or at least it's being aired tonight).

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Lady Gaga is definitely FP, but I'm not sure about E/I and N/S. SFPs are crazy physically and NFPs are crazy psychologically. she seems like both to me. I'm leaning toward NFP though because she seems really balanced on E/I (ENFPs tend to be somewhat introverted and INFPs tend to be somewhat extraverted. with SFPs, ISFPs are usually extremely introverted and ESFPs are often the most extraverted of any type). an interview where she talked about her high school career also makes me think N. apparently everything she did was considered provocative or overly eccentric so she toned herself down a bit because she felt like a freak. after high school, apparently she just accepted that she was a freak rolled with it. As an ENFP, I feel kinda like a freak myself trying to fit in with normal S people and TJs. NPs (Ne) and FPs (Fe) both tend to be independent, creative, and extremely crazy and wild. when you put the two together, you can see how people would think of us as freaks. I don't necessarily blame them though, I take it as a compliment.

I'm not too into her music, but I'm impressed by her.. She's only 23, and mega huge by her own power, songwriting skills, and wit. She didn't start out with backing from a big corp (like many Disney tweens) and wasn't quite surrounded with mentors either (like Michael Jackson). The last person to do that was Madonna. Who was an ESTP.. and it seems like GaGa is probably an ESTP herself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I agree that she is ESTP, even though she seems sheepish and shy in interviews, that may be an act. She is no way NF or NT. Her outfits are extremely provocative, but also it seems that she strips away society's conformity to be a walking display of feminine physique and sensuality with very strong assertiveness traits. A lot of her songs are about sex. I love her two songs that are not about sex. I think they are very well done, not too mushy because she has a signature hard-core, simple thing about her that I really like. I am surprised that I like her this much. She just radiates ambition. And her voice is very sweet and jazzy.

Watch this : YouTube - Lady Gaga - Brown Eyes (Live at Oxegen Festival 2009) HQ

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

YouTube - amanda palmer - "gaga, palmer, madonna", a kitchen-ukulele-blogsong

This is only barely related, but this discussion reminded me of it, and I figured I'd post it while venturing to type Lady Gaga myself.

If nothing else, it shows the pervasiveness of her impact.
    Amanda Palmer's an EXFP, by the way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

ISTP 3w4 ...the dom Ti makes her seem a lil more weird and intellectual (her julieard past + intellectual interests/essays)...but shes still Se-Ni over Ne-Si.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

Okay.. she's totally an IXFP. As far as temperament goes, she doesn't seem concerned at all with amassing knowledge (NTs) or possessing stability (SJs). She's very much concerned with aesthetic particulars (she said she spends all of her time planning shows and costumes and the like, and she writes primarily about sex (SP); but at the same time she does seem very much concerned with bringing attention to things that contradict her ideals. And she is extremely idealistic. I don't like most of her songs and think that for the most part, they've been pretty shallow, but I found this: YouTube - Lady GaGa - "Fooled Me Again, Honest Eyes" - LIVE Acoustic Performance
    and would guess that this is more along the lines of what is truly representative of her. It seems like she's using the fame right now , and that the more sure she is of her fan base and her continued popularity, the more authentic her music is going to become. I've had mixed feelings about her, as I've loved her aesthetic but hated her music; but now that I've seen some of her earlier work and observed more closely her interviews, I can definitely say that I do respect her.

Oh, and she's definitely introverted. Look at the difference between her and Amanda Palmer, an EXFP. YouTube - Amanda Palmer: 'The Living Room' (Live at Paradise) 11.27.06

Oh, and I know I coincidently just posted something about her. She happens to be my singular musical obsession.