User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Lady Gaga?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

4 4.00%
  • ESTP

6 6.00%
  • ESTJ

1 1.00%
  • ISFJ

2 2.00%
  • ISFP

21 21.00%
  • ESFP

10 10.00%
  • ESFJ

2 2.00%
  • INFJ

6 6.00%
  • INFP

6 6.00%
  • ENFP

18 18.00%
  • ENFJ

7 7.00%
  • INTJ

1 1.00%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

10 10.00%
  • ENTJ

6 6.00%
First 4121314151624 Last

Thread: Lady GaGa

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes! Someone say ESFJ NOW!
    Oh I thought yours counted. :/ I'm pretty sure I only get one vote.

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    There is a difference between being a musical performer and wearing outrageous outfits of frogheads just for attention. An introvert would never purposely try to do that.
    But they do. Over and over again. That's empirical proof that your theory is flawed. Jimi Hendrix, Prince, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Mick Jagger, David Bowie...even an INFP like Lou Reed went through a glam-rock phase:

YouTube - 4) Lou Reed - Vicious - live in Paris, 1974

Kurt wearing a dress onstage: YouTube - NIrvana Dive 01/23/93 Rio de Janeiro

A lot of introverts are attention whores. I can certainly be an attention whore.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    I'm guessing what this means is that Madonna would have been more like Gaga if she wanted to accomplish what Gaga has accomplished in this day and age. Madonna has always been a chameleon, changing her own identity as she sees fit.
    See, that's my hangup though on the whole Madonna/Lady Gaga thing. Lady Gaga has changed her look as well as image. She is in this "N" looking phase, but only time will tell...
    And when she started her "solo" music career she did not look N to me. Am I the only one who's noticed this?

MBTI
    INTP

There is a difference between being a musical performer and wearing outrageous outfits of frogheads just for attention. An introvert would never purposely try to do that.
    I'm an INTP and I've been an onstage performer for 8 years, a successful one in my country too. And I LOVE wearing outrageous outfits, simply because they're fun to wear. Being an 'introvert' doesn't mean that we are unable or unwilling to express ourselves - it just means we tend to focus and favour internal thinking, that's it. There can always be duality, and in fact, an introvert who is able to sustain this duality often does it pretty well.

Don't look at the outrageous outfits and frogheads as a form of literal representation, but as something more of a euphemism for her bolder artistic ideas. She is purposely doing it because it gets people talking and guessing - just look at the number of page views THIS thread has? There is very logical reasoning behind her wanting to wear outlandish outfits. Wear crazy suits: Win over the fashion-conscious, make fashion magazine headlines, keeps people talking and guessing. Say controversial things: Piss off the conservatives, challenge the opinions of the masses.

By creating a persona that is over-the-top, almost like a caricature, it sustains our interest, simply because such a real-life person doesn't seem plausible. The outfits are all part of the facade. And building facades is something that introverts can do equally as well as - if not better than - extroverts because they / we have sussed out the mechanics and methodical approach of it in our heads prior to the external execution of it.

Is this a fair enough assessment for you? There is a difference in being an introvert to being an outright bore, you know? You seem to have mixed the two up into one definition.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think many Introverts have the "look at me, look at me!" mentality in any part of themselves. She is definitely an Extrovert.
    Enneagram 3's are like this. She is probably a 4w3; and they are basically attention whores.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    But they do. Over and over again. That's empirical proof that your theory is flawed. Jimi Hendrix, Prince, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Mick Jagger, David Bowie...even an INFP like Lou Reed went through a glam-rock phase:

YouTube - 4) Lou Reed - Vicious - live in Paris, 1974

Kurt wearing a dress onstage: YouTube - NIrvana Dive 01/23/93 Rio de Janeiro

A lot of introverts are attention whores. I can certainly be an attention whore.
    I'd be remiss if I didn't add this hilarious Lou Reed interview. When INFPs enjoy fucking with people, we can be very funny:

YouTube - Lou Reed Interview

What do you like most in? life?
    Everything.
    Is there anything you like better than others?
    No.
    Where do you spend your money?
    On drugs.
    For other people?
    Right.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    Being an 'introvert' doesn't mean that we are unable or unwilling to express ourselves - it just means we tend to focus and favour internal thinking, that's it. There can always be duality, and in fact, an introvert who is able to sustain this duality often does it pretty well.

Don't look at the outrageous outfits and frogheads as a form of literal representation, but as something more of a euphemism for her bolder artistic ideas. She is purposely doing it because it gets people talking and guessing - just look at the number of page views THIS thread has? There is very logical reasoning behind her wanting to wear outlandish outfits. Wear crazy suits: Win over the fashion-conscious, make fashion magazine headlines, keeps people talking and guessing. Say controversial things: Piss off the conservatives, challenge the opinions of the masses.

By creating a persona that is over-the-top, almost like a caricature, it sustains our interest, simply because such a real-life person doesn't seem plausible. The outfits are all part of the facade. And building facades is something that introverts can do equally as well as - if not better than - extroverts because they / we have sussed out the mechanics and methodical approach of it in our heads prior to the external execution of it.
    +1

I think the outfits are part of the expression of her "art". It makes her and the performances that much more interesting.

MBTI
    INTP

This interview might provide some insight, where she explains the ideology behind some of her outfits.
    YouTube - INTERVIEW OPRAH LADY GAGA [JANUARY15 2010] #1

"The inspiration comes naturally, but I put a lot of time and effort into everything I do, to the point where I do nothing else and I work creatively all day." The way she prepares herself is very methodical, involving research and detail.

This quote is most telling:

""Being provocative is not just about getting people's attention; it's about saying something that really affects people, in a positive way. All the things that I do, in terms of The Fame and The Fame Monster, is to make things easier to swallow - this kind of horrific media world that we live in"

=

What I said, about euphemisms for her art.

This screams a definite N and T.

I'm biased, and will go for her being an INTP. But if she's an INTP that has managed to reach a happy medium between introverted thinking and extrovert expression.

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    This interview might provide some insight, where she explains the ideology behind some of her outfits.
    YouTube - INTERVIEW OPRAH LADY GAGA [JANUARY15 2010] #1

"The inspiration comes naturally, but I put a lot of time and effort into everything I do, to the point where I do nothing else and I work creatively all day." The way she prepares herself is very methodical, involving research and detail.

This quote is most telling:

""Being provocative is not just about getting people's attention; it's about saying something that really affects people, in a positive way. All the things that I do, in terms of The Fame and The Fame Monster, is to make things easier to swallow - this kind of horrific media world that we live in"

=

What I said, about euphemisms for her art.

This screams a definite N and T.
    An NT with predominantly emotional motivating force?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    An NT with predominantly emotional motivating force?
    Could be. I had a similar thought.