User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Lady Gaga?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

4 4.00%
  • ESTP

6 6.00%
  • ESTJ

1 1.00%
  • ISFJ

2 2.00%
  • ISFP

21 21.00%
  • ESFP

10 10.00%
  • ESFJ

2 2.00%
  • INFJ

6 6.00%
  • INFP

6 6.00%
  • ENFP

18 18.00%
  • ENFJ

7 7.00%
  • INTJ

1 1.00%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

10 10.00%
  • ENTJ

6 6.00%
First 91011121321 Last

Thread: Lady GaGa

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Just for Orangey, I'd like to throw ISFJ into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    YouTube - Madonna and Lady Gaga SNL comparision

In the rehearsal version Lady Gaga played nice, but in the aired version she skipped some lines and tried to screw Madonna up...hmm.

Nothing wrong with a little competition.
    That's actually very interesting. To me, it shows that she doesn't care for Madonna. That's pretty damn incredible because Madonna is an established artist, a legend. If I were given an opportunity to work with a more established musician, I would do everything I could to make a good impression. The conventional thing to do would be to make Madonna happy. Gaga clearly doesn't care for any of that; which is technically a very intelligent decision because pissing off Madonna would make her more famous than making her happy.

Or she could have been high or on drugs or something. Which still doesn't change the fact that it means that she disrespects Madonna, or doesn't care to be a part of the "system" in which younger artists are expected to respect and pay homage to established ones. Further strengthens the INTx argument.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    Gaga clearly doesn't care for any of that; which is technically a very intelligent decision because pissing off Madonna would make her more famous than making her happy.
    Agreed, I thought it was a very smart move.

Or she could have been high or on drugs or something.
    Yes this is plausible.

Which still doesn't change the fact that it means that she disrespects Madonna, or doesn't care to be a part of the "system" in which younger artists are expected to respect and pay homage to established ones. Further strengthens the INTx argument.
    Possibly.

YouTube - Lady GaGa Bad Romance Interview Part1

Here's a interview of her when she's comfortable, and she clearly exhibits that she's an N-type. She's very idea driven and has a vision about how things are/should be.

The introversion is obvious in her facial expression- she says nice things but she looks tired and drained. Her body language is 'closed', and her interaction seems forced.

YouTube - Lady GaGa Interviewed About The Fame Monster - Bad Romance

"I was singing about love... things I don't care about anymore" Very NT, to me? But anybody could say that, truth be told.

YouTube - Lady GaGa Interview In Japan

"tell a little lie in performance to create a sense of escapism for the audience- inner beauty is a lie, the story about who we are"

YouTube - Lady GaGa Interview @ The Ellen DeGeneres Show

"I felt like a freak... I want to create a space where people can be comfortable with it, where people can know that it can be okay to be weird" <- P rather than J, I think?

She's close to her parents, which is something I've noticed in Marilyn Manson too- they're both shock artists who seem to have that strong support from home. They both also seem to care a lot about their fans on a personal level- where their fans are like "family" to them and give them validation. That's something I seem to notice about quite a few INTPs, though that doesn't necessarily mean anything of course; most artists feel (or pretend to feel) this way

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    She reminds me a lot of Madonna. What type is Madonna?
    Really? She reminds me more about David Bowie and maybe Marilyn Manson in a girly form. What type are those?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Really? She reminds me more about David Bowie and maybe Marilyn Manson in a girly form. What type are those?
    And Yoko Ono. INTP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

After watching, I think she is actually NT. I always saw the 'character' and didn't hear her talk. She can be pretty short with the interviewers, and says things that I imagine she knows would shock some people (like about her big dick').

I can see her as an introvert, but I think she may still be more of an extrovert. ENTP, ENTJ, INTP maybe. I don't see INTJ as much, but that is just because I never see incredibly flamboyant INTJs like that.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

The fundamental difference between Madonna and Lady Gaga is that Madonna understands/respects/follows the "system" while Lady Gaga disregards it altogether. Immediately we can see an xSxJ and xNxP dichotomy separating the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I can see her as an introvert, but I think she may still be more of an extrovert. ENTP, ENTJ, INTP maybe. I don't see INTJ as much, but that is just because I never see incredibly flamboyant INTJs like that.
    Watch more of the videos and pay attention to her facial expression and body language, and contrast it with videos of Madonna's interviews. Madonna is poised and charismatic and a comfortable conversationalist- Lady Gaga always seems a little strained, like it takes too much effort to have a conversation with someone face-to-face.

I initially thought Gaga was an ENTP because I could relate to her quirky side, but she really, REALLY doesn't care about what people think... which I can't relate to 100%.

^I can think of one flamboyant INTJ, and that's Mystery from The Mystery Method (and Neil Strauss's The Game). Have you heard of him?

Wikipedia:

At age 11, she was set to join Juilliard School in Manhattan, but instead attended Convent of the Sacred Heart, a private Roman Catholic school. Playing piano by ear from the age of 4, she went on to write her first piano ballad at 13 and began performing at open mike nights by age 14. At age 17, she gained early admission to the New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. There, she studied music and improved her songwriting skills by composing essays and analytical papers focusing on topics such as art, religion and socio-political order. She later withdrew from the school to focus on her musical career.

^withdrawing from school like that suggests to me she's P rather than J, so I mantain she's an INTP.

"In the music industry there's still a tremendous amount of accommodation of homophobia. [...] So I'm taking a stand," she commented. She then started to perform a rendition of John Lennon's "Imagine" while changing some lyrics to reference Matthew Shepard's 1998 murder, the college student's death which has been a rallying cry for the gay rights movement. "I'm not going to play one of my songs tonight, because tonight is not about me," she said before she sat in front of a grand piano to sing and play, "It's about you."

^That comes across to me as an N type. She's very politically active and has very strong views.