User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Emily Haines

  1. #1
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default Emily Haines

    What do you think? XNXP? That's all I've got. At times she seems I, but her sheer verbosity seems E. Also, I'm leaning more T than F (contrary to the NF Musicians thread). So, ENFP or ENTP?

    Interviews, for your pleasure:

    YouTube - Lowdown - Metric Interview Part 1of 4

    YouTube - Lowdown - Metric Interview Part 3 of 4

    YouTube - Metric Interview: On Self Releasing New Album

    YouTube - Interview: Emily Haines of Metric

    Her mannerisms when speaking kind of remind me of my own (looking down, posture, distractedness, sideways eyebrow look, squinting, vagueness of words, excessive hand motions, bit of a restless vibe)- though she seems more excitable. It's very weird.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #2
    / nonsequitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Just based on her music, I would've guessed INFP. It makes me want to slit my wrists and cry in a corner.

    I would also suggest that her apparent verbosity is caused by her being completely drunk or coked out (she has a well-known coke habit and often performs at gigs high).

  3. #3
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Yeah, I'm not a fan of her music. In fact, I hadn't even heard of her until yesterday when someone mentioned her in that other thread. And the coke thing would certainly explain her verbosity, lol.

    YouTube - Emily Haines - Interview

    Good lord, now I see NF. "I want to be a sound."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  4. #4
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Just for the record, entp.

  5. #5
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    YouTube - "Help, I'm Alive" Interview - Emily Haines of Metric

    What she says here, "since I was honest with myself, and accepted that I'm really scared, and I dunno where my life is going and what I'm doing," kinda resonates that kind of 'lost' INFP thought, and all the things she goes on about context and the people that she met, points towards something like that. I can imagine myself talking like she does, but that's all I can really say. Actually, for some reason I see INFJ too, but everyone seems to have identified P.

  6. #6
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    YouTube - "Help, I'm Alive" Interview - Emily Haines of Metric

    What she says here, "since I was honest with myself, and accepted that I'm really scared, and I dunno where my life is going and what I'm doing," kinda resonates that kind of 'lost' INFP thought, and all the things she goes on about context and the people that she met, points towards something like that. I can imagine myself talking like she does, but that's all I can really say. Actually, for some reason I see INFJ too, but everyone seems to have identified P.
    Eh, I think the only thing that quote demonstrates is P (maybe FP). She just doesn't seem to give enough of a shit to be INFP, to me, and she frequently comes off as a bit abrasive. She gives off a "whatever" vibe...more apathetic than deeply introspective.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #7
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Eh, I think the only thing that quote demonstrates is P (maybe FP). She just doesn't seem to give enough of a shit to be INFP, to me, and she frequently comes off as a bit abrasive. She gives off a "whatever" vibe...more apathetic than deeply introspective.

    I can't really judge this stuff very well... but I get some sense of strong introverted feeling from her, which can come off as seeming cold or indifferent externally.

  8. #8
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I can't really judge this stuff very well... but I get some sense of strong introverted feeling from her, which can come off as seeming cold or indifferent externally.
    Well I don't really know what to say in response to this, but I don't get an "introverted feeling" vibe. If I see any function at all, it's Ne (which doesn't preclude INFP, obviously). Are there any specific things that you see as Fi, or is it just a gut feeling?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  9. #9
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Hmmm...I found this. What do you think?

    Bill: Huh—so what exactly are your personal beliefs about what is going on in Iraq?

    Emily: [Bellowing] Oh God! When I was in grade 12, the first Gulf War happened. And I was like, “this is really fucked up.” ...The most superficial research—I go to my school library and find the complete history of the region, the Kurdish rebels, all the shit, everything that has to do with Kuwait...all the history of what was happening and like the true reason of what was happening in the Gulf. And we were all genuinely really angry. I mean, all my friends in school—we were all freaked out. We actually had demonstrations. Actually, the guy from Broken Social Scene, I don’t know if you know that band, but I have this permanent image in my head of him on a post. In some ways, childish, uh, but you know, whatever: children of hippies having a fucking demonstration against the war, I mean.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #10
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Well I don't really know what to say in response to this, but I don't get an "introverted feeling" vibe. If I see any function at all, it's Ne (which doesn't preclude INFP, obviously). Are there any specific things that you see as Fi, or is it just a gut feeling?
    It's more of a gut feeling, unfortunately, so ultimately inconclusive and unhelpful. If there's evidence in her words / actions I don't know how to extract those bits out. I was just throwing the idea out there, as I tend to get particular feelings from people close to my type-- but it ends up quite confusing when I'm unable to support it (so I better just stop this here).

Similar Threads

  1. Evanescence/ Disturbed/ Emilie Autumn
    By strychnine in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2016, 11:28 PM
  2. Emily Dickinson
    By Southern Kross in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 01:27 AM
  3. Emily Browning...
    By mrconfusion87 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 03:19 AM
  4. Hello. I'm Emily.
    By Levitas in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM
  5. Koi bhi hindi-urdu bol sakte hain? Yahaan aiye!
    By Samuel De Mazarin in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 07:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO