Thread: Emily Haines

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Default Emily Haines

What do you think? XNXP? That's all I've got. At times she seems I, but her sheer verbosity seems E. Also, I'm leaning more T than F (contrary to the NF Musicians thread). So, ENFP or ENTP?

Interviews, for your pleasure:

YouTube - Lowdown - Metric Interview Part 1of 4

YouTube - Lowdown - Metric Interview Part 3 of 4

YouTube - Metric Interview: On Self Releasing New Album

YouTube - Interview: Emily Haines of Metric

Her mannerisms when speaking kind of remind me of my own (looking down, posture, distractedness, sideways eyebrow look, squinting, vagueness of words, excessive hand motions, bit of a restless vibe)- though she seems more excitable. It's very weird.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Just based on her music, I would've guessed INFP. It makes me want to slit my wrists and cry in a corner.

I would also suggest that her apparent verbosity is caused by her being completely drunk or coked out (she has a well-known coke habit and often performs at gigs high).

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Yeah, I'm not a fan of her music. In fact, I hadn't even heard of her until yesterday when someone mentioned her in that other thread. And the coke thing would certainly explain her verbosity, lol.

YouTube - Emily Haines - Interview

Good lord, now I see NF. "I want to be a sound."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Just for the record, entp.

MBTI
    INFP

YouTube - "Help, I'm Alive" Interview - Emily Haines of Metric

What she says here, "since I was honest with myself, and accepted that I'm really scared, and I dunno where my life is going and what I'm doing," kinda resonates that kind of 'lost' INFP thought, and all the things she goes on about context and the people that she met, points towards something like that. I can imagine myself talking like she does, but that's all I can really say. Actually, for some reason I see INFJ too, but everyone seems to have identified P.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    YouTube - "Help, I'm Alive" Interview - Emily Haines of Metric

What she says here, "since I was honest with myself, and accepted that I'm really scared, and I dunno where my life is going and what I'm doing," kinda resonates that kind of 'lost' INFP thought, and all the things she goes on about context and the people that she met, points towards something like that. I can imagine myself talking like she does, but that's all I can really say. Actually, for some reason I see INFJ too, but everyone seems to have identified P.
    Eh, I think the only thing that quote demonstrates is P (maybe FP). She just doesn't seem to give enough of a shit to be INFP, to me, and she frequently comes off as a bit abrasive. She gives off a "whatever" vibe...more apathetic than deeply introspective.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Eh, I think the only thing that quote demonstrates is P (maybe FP). She just doesn't seem to give enough of a shit to be INFP, to me, and she frequently comes off as a bit abrasive. She gives off a "whatever" vibe...more apathetic than deeply introspective.

I can't really judge this stuff very well... but I get some sense of strong introverted feeling from her, which can come off as seeming cold or indifferent externally.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I can't really judge this stuff very well... but I get some sense of strong introverted feeling from her, which can come off as seeming cold or indifferent externally.
    Well I don't really know what to say in response to this, but I don't get an "introverted feeling" vibe. If I see any function at all, it's Ne (which doesn't preclude INFP, obviously). Are there any specific things that you see as Fi, or is it just a gut feeling?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Hmmm...I found this. What do you think?

Bill: Huh—so what exactly are your personal beliefs about what is going on in Iraq?

Emily: [Bellowing] Oh God! When I was in grade 12, the first Gulf War happened. And I was like, “this is really fucked up.” ...The most superficial research—I go to my school library and find the complete history of the region, the Kurdish rebels, all the shit, everything that has to do with Kuwait...all the history of what was happening and like the true reason of what was happening in the Gulf. And we were all genuinely really angry. I mean, all my friends in school—we were all freaked out. We actually had demonstrations. Actually, the guy from Broken Social Scene, I don’t know if you know that band, but I have this permanent image in my head of him on a post. In some ways, childish, uh, but you know, whatever: children of hippies having a fucking demonstration against the war, I mean.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Well I don't really know what to say in response to this, but I don't get an "introverted feeling" vibe. If I see any function at all, it's Ne (which doesn't preclude INFP, obviously). Are there any specific things that you see as Fi, or is it just a gut feeling?
    It's more of a gut feeling, unfortunately, so ultimately inconclusive and unhelpful. If there's evidence in her words / actions I don't know how to extract those bits out. I was just throwing the idea out there, as I tend to get particular feelings from people close to my type-- but it ends up quite confusing when I'm unable to support it (so I better just stop this here).