• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dane Cook / Carlin / Lewis Black / others

D

Dali

I hated Cook within 2 minutes of watching his first skit. I once chatted with him on his site (he still hadn't hit the big-time and I believe it may really have been him and not an agent/employee) and it was like speaking to the same, roadrunner-on-LSD stage-persona. :doh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
His original comedy central special was pretty good, but vicious cycle and thereafter was stupid.

Wholly agreed. I loved his first comedy central special. After that he just went downhill, especially when he got famous. His type now is F-A-I-L.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it's fair to say that most stand-up comedians are going to be ENXP with some obvious exceptions (Dane Cook). Alternative comedy seems to be made up almost entirely of ENTPs.

I disagree. There are a lot of introverted comedians. That's how they got into comedy. They weren't good at the social situations, so instead they made sarcastic observations about the people that were. And eventually got enough nerve to do it in front of an audience.

I also believe there are plenty of Sensor comedians too. Just off the top of my head I think of Kevin James, Adam Ferrara, Tim Allen, Rodney Carrington, all of the Blue Collar tour guys, Damon Wayans, Drew Carey, Pauly Shore, Norm MacDonald, Jamie Foxx, Louie Anderson, Roseanne, Jim Breuer, Frank Caliendo, Andrew Dice Clay, Martin Lawrence, Jay Leno, Cedric the Entertainer, Tracy Morgan, Eddie Griffin, Jeff Dunham, and many more but I'm tired of listing. ;) Point is, there are a lot of SPs in comedy too.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ya george carlin is such an ENTP its frightening

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting to compare the different styles of comedy favoured by different types:

Will Ferrell: ESFP
Russell Brand: ESFP
Alan Carr: ESFP
Rowan Atkinson: ISTP
Whoopi Goldberg: INTJ
David Letterman: INTJ
Woody Allen: INTP
Dylan Moran: INTP
Larry David: INFJ
Jon Stewart: ENTP
Ricky Gervais: ENTP
Eddie Izzard: ENTP
Sarah Silverman: ENTP
Jim Carrey: ENTP
Dara O Briain: ENTP
Bill Bailey: INFP
Alan Davies: ENFP
Robin Williams: ENFP
Billy Connolly: ENFP

Note how many ENTPs go into stand up!

maliafee

I say Dane Cook is a ENTP. or ENFP.

George Carlin - ENTP

Lewis Black - xNTP (he takes a lotta breaks)

Dane Cook = ENFP (but I don't like him and usually I love ENFPs)
George Carlin = ENTP
Lewis Black = annoying :D

R

Riva

Dane Cook - ESTP.

a lot of physical stuff going on. rather than stories.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Interesting to compare the different styles of comedy favoured by different types:

Will Ferrell: ESFP
Russell Brand: ESFP
Alan Carr: ESFP
Rowan Atkinson: ISTP
Whoopi Goldberg: INTJ
Woody Allen: INTP
Dylan Moran: INTP
Larry David: INFJ
Jon Stewart: ENTP
Ricky Gervais: ENTP
Eddie Izzard: ENTP
Sarah Silverman: ENTP
Dara O Briain: ENTP
Bill Bailey: INFP
Alan Davies: ENFP

Note how many ENTPs go into stand up!

ENTPS, the only way to make people listen to what they have to say is to make them think it's a privilege!

R

Riva

ENTPS, the only way to make people listen to what they have to say is to make them think it's a privilege!

i think it's a Ne thing isn't it?

i could be wrong..... i admit

i have seen INTPs saying things in that sort of way.

but then again what they usually have to say are things which have never been heard by others. and therefore it is a privilege.

but my innocent tiny little argument remains.:blush: abt Ne.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I would guess that Dane Cook is S-H-I-T. :devil:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I believe Letterman is ISTP. And I'm not sure about Carrey, but have still not heard anyone make a convincing case for how he is NT.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I didn't even know Dane Cook was a comedian. I just saw him in a couple of stupid movies and hated his guts instantly.

And I'm not sure about Carrey, but have still not heard anyone make a convincing case for how he is NT.

Ditto.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Nah. Watch his old NBC shows for mad SP fun. Just because he got old and crotchety doesn't mean he became an N. ;) Now I'm pretty sure he has some NT writers, but everything about his performance style - the punching the camera, throwing pencils to make breaking glass sounds, the dipping himself in things, dropping stuff of buildings, working the drive-thru at Taco Bell, the world tours with Mujibur and Sirajul, exploits of the Deli guy, and much much more - he is a tactical improvising comedy wizard. SP all the way.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Nick Swardson? ENFJ...

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
Dane Cook is too cheesy to be a T,
definitely an F

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't care what types L Black and G Carlin are, but they are funny as hell! I do not even know the other ones ...

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to think that Dane Cook sucked, but now he's one of my favorites.
I think I have everything he's done.
I wish he would make a lot more new material.
I also like Dave Chapelle and George Lopez.