• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dane Cook / Carlin / Lewis Black / others

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I say Dane Cook is a ENTP. or ENFP.

George Carlin - ENTP

Lewis Black - xNTP (he takes a lotta breaks)

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not quite sure about the others but I see Dane Cook as an SP...probably an ESTP (playa).

There's no way in hell he's a NF and he's not cerebral enough to be an NT

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Carlin: ENTP
Black: ENFP
Cook: Doesn't matter. He sucks.
Daniel Tosh: ENTP
Other good comedians except for Wright and Hedberg: ENTP
Wright and Hedberg: INTP

Owned.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Black as an F?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm not one to dislike celebrities "just because" but Dane Cook irritates me for some reason.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
good god i hate dane cook.

deleted
I thought Dane Cook was a culinary show. The kind of jokes you use in the kitchen. Oh by Job, I'm all befuddled now.
evilgrin0039.gif

S

Sniffles

There's no way Lewis Black is an ENFP. ENTP more like it.

VagrantFarce

I think it's fair to say that most stand-up comedians are going to be ENXP with some obvious exceptions (Dane Cook). Alternative comedy seems to be made up almost entirely of ENTPs.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Yo how 'bout Brian Regan. He could be a sensor, and he could be the only sensor to make me laugh on a regular basis. (no offense)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Black as an F?
Well he is always really angry...
He's an F.

Believe it.

Look... 90% of his show is just him spitting and raving about how horrible things are, and of that, very little if any shows any discomfort with the rationality or methodology of these things. It's all about moralizing with him.

He rants for nearly 20 minutes on one of his albums about how immoral it is for CEOs to steal from their companies.
I've never seen anyone (aside from the guilty) to be in favor of embezzling, but moral distaste is almost never a T thing.

Granted plenty of Ts are against it, but you'll never see any T go on quite as long and with quite as much fervor about it as he.

ENFP, no question.

Read his book Nothing's Sacred or listen to the recorded version... you'll get it.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
dane cook seems like an estp to me. also, i should mention that i actually like his comedy.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
dane cook seems like an estp to me. also, i should mention that i actually like his comedy.

His original comedy central special was pretty good, but vicious cycle and thereafter was stupid.

D

Dali

The only way Cook is an SP would be if you were trying to make an anagram out of 'stupid'. I'd go with the OP's assessment of him. Not to say Ns are 'stupid' but ENTP fits him better than ESTP.

I still can't believe that he's the most successful (in terms of DVD sales) American comedian ever. *facepalm*

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
His original comedy central special was pretty good, but vicious cycle and thereafter was stupid.

I didn't like his CC special, but I agree that his two CDs before Vicious Cycle were hilarious.

Apparently it's the "cool" thing to hate Dane Cook now, but that doesn't change the fact that the man made some good comedy. I don't like his new stuff, but no one can deny that he has talent.