• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who is the person you admire most and what is his MBTI type

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
He can be any person other than yourself. He can exist in the present day or in the past. Also offer a type explanation and not just post his type.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I really admire George Carlin.
It's debatable, but I think he's INTP.

L

Lasting_Pain

Unfortunately I do not have anyone that I admire, and I definitely would not know their type if I had one.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Albert Einstein is the one person I would give anything to have a conversation with. Anything.

He's an INTP.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I really admire Einstein too (INTP, but ThatGirl says INTJ).

My other favorite is Buddhist Philosopher Alan Watts (ENTP).

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Mom goes without saying so it'll be a tie. Mahatma Gandhi-INFJ. I think INFJ. Koldo Mitxelena-ENFJ. Yes. ENFJ is capable of all that.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I admire my mother very much. I think she is an ISFJ. She is a very encouraging, self-sacrificing, nurturing person and is quite creative and motivated. She cooks on a gourmet level, gardens, sews, and decorates beautifully. She has sooo much energy. As an INFP, I lack in motivation and am too stuck in my head to be so hands-on, so I admire that about her.

It's good for me, being so sensitive, to have been raised by someone so nurturing. I was never told my ideas or dreams were ridiculous. I was always encouraged to pursue art, etc., and my mom appreciates my sense of style, even if it's offbeat at times.

Even though she is an S and quite different in her communication style, she makes a big effort most of the time to understand me. She misses the point of what I say about half the time, but she doesn't dismiss it at least (as other S types do....they just tune out what seems like babble to them). I think because several of her siblings are N types, she is used to the way we talk a bit more.

As for a celebrity, I LOVE Shirley Manson (possibly an ENFP, according to the musician thread going in the NF section). I don't agree with all her views, but I think she's an incredibly articulate, intelligent, interesting, talented, beautiful and feisty woman.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
gandhi and MLK

gandhi is supposedly an ENFP and MLK is supposedly an INFJ

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
yea it can be a she. He is more commonly used as generalization.

LucrativeSid

I admire many people, it doesn't take much, but if I had to choose one who really sticks out, I'd pick Steve Pavlina. I'm not into hero worship or anything, he's just a man. But he's done a lot of things I'd like to do, and he has a lot of traits that I'd like to have for myself. Most people think he's nuts - and I can understand why, but I also relate to him for that. To me, he seems very courageous, honest, original, and open. I don't always agree with him, but I do think I understand him, and I trust him. It's not often I trust someone I don't know, but I do because of the way he writes. It seems like I know him. The benefit of that is that it's hard to dismiss what he says. I actually think about it.

He said once that he tested as an INTJ when he was younger but now tests and seems more like an ENTJ. (I'm pretty sure he was born an introvert, he just constantly challenges every part of himself and discovers new ways of being.)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
it doesn't have to be one. you can have 4 or 5 if you want. But more than 5 seems too much.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My sisters. They'd be INFJ and ISFP :wub:

juggernaut

Permabanned
My advanced logic instructor. He's an amazing man with an incredible life. He's been teaching for 52 years, is widely regarded as an expert on Plato and Aristotle, and he's still as sharp as any man a third his age. He's healthy, strong, brilliant, and he's been all over the world. He also is unusually well-rounded for our field. I'm certain he's an NT of some sort and I would guess an INTJ if pushed (he's very organized and never late for anything).

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I admire Jessica Biel's ass.

I think it's ISFP.

maliafee

Noam Chomsky! :D I believe he is an INTJ or an INTP. He seems to VI as INTJ (from my perspective), and his writings, theories, and linguistic discoveries would suggest INTJ. Why do I love him so much? Maybe he reminds me of my big brother! But maybe it's because his views are so intelligently arrived at and I really relate to his politics and admire his genius. *shrug*

I also think Steven Pinker is an amazing writer and cognitive scientist. I've learned so much about linguistics and the brain because of his very enjoyable books. INTP almost surely. He is really funny and has that special INTP weirdness. But I could be wrong.

I also admire Barack Obama quite a bit but still not sure of his type, which is rare for me. I sometimes think ISFJ, sometimes ENTJ, oh geez. I don't know!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've heard a very good argument for Gandhi being an INFP.