• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who is the person you admire most and what is his MBTI type

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Lawrence Ellison (ENTP), founder of Oracle and self made billionare
real life version of iron man

images

And the most destructive ENTP in history

main_mao%5B1%5D.jpg

Nicodemus

Reading Rilke's 'Letters to a Young Poet' tonight prompted me to open a thread to ask everybody who their favorite person (ever) is, but then I found this thread, which is also great and should suffice.

I think my favorite person, or rather type of person, is Swetlana Geier, although I only know her from a documentary ('Die Frau mit den 5 Elefanten'). What I like about her is that she is astute, quiet yet determined, invitingly gentle yet withdrawn, thoughtful but also simple, that she takes time before she speaks, that, when she speaks, it is with precision and the voice of a young woman even at the age of 85, and that it took her 20 years to translate six books from Russian to German. I believe she is an INFP, like Rilke, which is what made me think of her today while recognizing many of her qualities in his letters.

A trailer to the documentary that I recommend to anybody interested in literary translation, Russian, German, INFPs, but particularly to [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION]:

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
My husband, who is an ENFP.
He was on the road when hurricane Katrina hit. He and his band headed right there to play to the survivors and the volunteers.
He saw a beggar walk in NY in the winter without shoes in the snow and he just took his own shoes off and gave them to the man, walking home with nothing but socks on.
He's just a really genuinely good warm hearted person. If he sees something that he feels is unjust he just takes action. He's got real character and heart.

Other than my husband the person I admire the most is Tori Amos, who I think is a great artist, role model and founded the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (http://www.rainn.org/) to help victims of sexual violence. She's outspoken about issues she finds important to address ranging from politics to equality issues to religion. She's been open about difficult personal experiences from her rape, to miscarriage to being told she was too old by her label and I find that to be really commendable. It helps people deal with their own issues.
She's usually labelled as INFP, some say ENFP, but I personally think she's a bona fide INFJ all the way.
http://youtu.be/fWdq8bXbJwY

R

RDF

Reading Rilke's 'Letters to a Young Poet' tonight prompted me to open a thread to ask everybody who their favorite person (ever) is, but then I found this thread, which is also great and should suffice.

I think my favorite person, or rather type of person, is Swetlana Geier, although I only know her from a documentary ('Die Frau mit den 5 Elefanten'). What I like about her is that she is astute, quiet yet determined, invitingly gentle yet withdrawn, thoughtful but also simple, that she takes time before she speaks, that, when she speaks, it is with precision and the voice of a young woman even at the age of 85, and that it took her 20 years to translate six books from Russian to German. I believe she is an INFP, like Rilke, which is what made me think of her today while recognizing many of her qualities in his letters.

A trailer to the documentary that I recommend to anybody interested in literary translation, Russian, German, INFPs, but particularly to @Vasilisa: [video]

Nice. But I checked Netflix for the movie, and they are listing it as "Availability: Unknown." Anyway, I put it in my queue. I would be curious to hear about what she thinks of Dostoyevsky's work in general. Though of course I would also be interested in her ideas on literary translation; that little snippet of the editor or coworker or whatever arguing with her over a grammar point was funny. :)

Mole

Permabanned

I don't know who I admire but I know who I like and I like Nicodemus.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Mod note: Thread moved to new sub-forum. Hope you like your new home, thread. :wistful:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

A trailer to the documentary that I recommend to anybody interested in literary translation, Russian, German, INFPs, but particularly to [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION]:

Not that it matters, but she seems INFJ. I've always thought Rilke was INFP/ISFP.

Anyway, I would also be interested in seeing this. I'll have to scrape around for it later.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jesse Livermore, who I think is a 6w5 cp ISTP.

He was probably the most aggressive trader who ever lived. His trading advice were, and still are, pure gold. He really knew how to think for himself.

He was very good at making money money in bear markets. When everyone was crying, he was the one selling handkerchiefs.

Sadly, he had too many self destructive behaviors. But that's part of what makes his personality so interesting. He once mentioned that the worst enemy of the speculator is not greed or fear, but boredom. He seemed to always want action, and I think that's the big reason why he went broke 4 times, if I remember correctly.

Born in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, Jesse Livermore started his trading career at the age of fourteen. He ran away from home with his mother's blessing to escape a life of farming his father intended for him. He then began his career by posting stock quotes at the Paine Webber brokerage in Boston.

By the age of fifteen, he had earned profits of over $1,000 (which equates to about $23,000 today[5]). In the next several years, he continued betting at the bucket shops. He was eventually banned from most bucket shops for winning too much money from them. He then moved to New York City and devoted his energies towards trading in legitimate markets. This change would lead him to devise a new set of rules to trade the market.

During his lifetime, Livermore gained and lost several multi-million dollar fortunes. Most notably, he was worth $3 million and $100 million after the 1907 and 1929 market crashes, respectively. He subsequently lost both fortunes.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm an ENFP, and Im fairly sure it is impossible for us to just list one person and be done with it. :laugh: Its in a rule book somewhere.. I know it is.

S

SingSmileShine

My mother. The strongest, most helpful, most amazing person in my life. She's ENFJ. My father, ISTP. The rock that keeps me grounded and my motivation on the bad days. My brother, INFJ. I didn't know love to the extent I do now until he was born. My vocal coach, who has taught me not only so much about my craft but also about life. She's ESFP, and one of the most inspiring and wonderful individuals I have ever met!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Freddie mercury, aids, sx/sp e43 efnj

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Leonardo da Vinci is by far the person I admire the most. His type is tricky though, I've seen lots of documentaries about him, read some stuff, and in the end he just seemed like a guy with a perfect balance of N and S. IxTP is perfect for him.

Leonardo is truly something else, the most talented man we already had in this planet...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno. Maybe Colin Powell. He might be INTJ but I'm not sure.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I admire Q, from Star Trek, and I just read that he is ENTP.

lol.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never did get an answer, but I'll break it up. My role model irl is my mom. ISFJ, heart of a tigress, iron will and tenacity and a fierce loyalty mixed with a big heart for everyone around her. Most down-to-earth person I know. I could never dream to be like her and I owe her just about everything :heart:

The second person is a mythological character, though the hypothesis exists that it might have been a real person one time: Freyja.

I'm going to guess she is ENFP, from the lore Ive read. Not afraid of her femininity, rebellious by nature, impossible to marry off, quite capable of reading what is in a persons heart (and stirring in a mans loins for that matter :D), master in seidr and head of the Valkyries. A free woman in a mans world way back when, unashamed of the choices she made for herself, others (and their rules) be damned, and proud of actually wielding feminine power (such as seidr) with a really big heart. Oh, and a crazy cat lady :D

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I admire..many people.

They are sometimes famous and historical or even recent, but they could also be real people. People who touched my life delicately and influenced me in a myriad of ways...some of them are not here anymore and I never stop missing them.

Then there are those who are fictional, who I admire because of what they can tell us about humanity, as a reflection of it and sometimes as a fantasy of it, though it must be said that I could never reach or become one of these people, (and in many cases I admire most what I am not), however they stay with me, eternally.