• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing With Socionics: Celebrities and Characters

deleted
For those of you who consider Socionics to be of just as much importance as MBTI, you would also consider typing famous people or fictional characters with it, wouldn't you?

Instead of the general typology population getting pissed off at Socionics typing threads, I have decided to make a single thread hopefully accounting for those who care.

I highly recommend Wikisocion - Socionics Wiki - Соционика Вики and Socionics in the West for all your typing needs. Wikisocion should contribute theoretical information about functions (positions), function elements, relations (however much that will help typing celebrities), dichotomies, small groups (especially quadras). All of this will be important tools to study. Socionics Us provides similar help, like detailed lists on dichotomies.

There is also a Visual Indentification test at ₪₪₪ Socionics - The New Psychology ₪₪₪, however much importance you put into visual aspects like facial features. However I believe a lot of other information at ₪₪₪ Socionics - The New Psychology ₪₪₪ to be incorrect.

I hope you will join in, maybe learn more about this hidden theory, learn the differences between MBTI and socionics, there are many. Most importantly let's test our typing skills. I believe that socionics typing can improve your MBTI typing once you learn the differences. So count it as a benefit to learning theory.

deleted
There is a close tie for House, between ENTP and INTJ on the other thread. In Socionics these two types have the same function. INTj has a random interval of originating ideas, and ENTp has a random interval of seeking clarity by making classifications. Could House appertain to either one of these?

If he's an INTj or ENTp, Alpha Quadra - Wikisocion could help us type House based on the Alpha Quadra tendency and how he views others on the team who are in separate quadras via "Perception of other quadras" at the bottom.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
There is a close tie for House, between ENTP and INTJ on the other thread. In Socionics these two types have the same function. INTj has a random interval of originating ideas, and ENTp has a random interval of seeking clarity by making classifications. Could House appertain to either one of these?

I'd go with originating ideas. Much of the time his end-of-the-show-ingenious-solution-to-solve-all-holes ideas come from comlpetely random insights, wheras much of the rest of the show is orderly, deliberate classification and cause/effect type of things.

deleted
I'd go with originating ideas. Much of the time his end-of-the-show-ingenious-solution-to-solve-all-holes ideas come from comlpetely random insights, wheras much of the rest of the show is orderly, deliberate classification and cause/effect type of things.

So he is probably a J for having creative intuition, though the question is does he have Ni or Ne? I think Ni is much more about discovery than origination. ENTj Ni:

Whenever occupied with a task, LIEs are already thinking ahead. Their attention tends to be less focused on their immediate surroundings and the specific details of an activity, than on their longer-term implications, consequences, and usefulness. More present-focused people may see that as laziness: they are not really dedicated to doing something immediately because they are already realizing that it may be pointless in the longer term, so why even do it. They very easily focus their minds in following sequential cause-and-effect scenarios and on their personal senses of vision, but always in the service of actions towards achieving their goals, specifically as to the optimal timing for taking specific actions. The other side of the coin is an inclination to think too much of the consequences and of timing of decisions, rather than actually act on them, although to a lesser extent than in the case of dominants. Similarly, LIEs are concerned with covering all possible long-term outcomes, and will often make a suggestion to do something "just in case". This sometimes leads them to do what is useful only theoretically, and not actually.

ENTj:

Logical intuitive extrovert - Wikisocion

I don't think so, and Ti seems a lot more like him.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
So he is probably a J for having creative intuition, though the question is does he have Ni or Ne? ENTj Ni:

I don't think so, and Ti seems a lot more like him.

Ti does seem like him.
Maybe he uses both Ni and Ne, depending on what is nessecary.

deleted
Ti does seem like him.
Maybe he uses both Ni and Ne, depending on what is nessecary.

Yes, although Ni is too dependent on internal-mental factors. Its more of a development process. Which taken as a creative role would mean it is developed off and on. Ni to an INTj is typically avoided and non-verbalized even though it is constant.

ENTj Ne:

LIEs are fairly good at generating all sorts of ideas during conversations on speculative ideas, but they don't take such ideas seriously and view the activity as a sort of entertaining exercise lacking in value. It is more natural for LIEs to apply their imagination and vision specifically to those areas where they are trying to achieve something than to "indulge" in thinking about things that have no relation to those areas of interest.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, although Ni is too dependent on internal-mental factors. Its more of a development process. Which taken as a creative role would mean it is developed off and on. Ni to an INTj is typically avoided and non-verbalized even though it is constant.

Yeah, that sounds like House.

deleted
How about other House characters? Do the relations match up with their profiles, aside from the fact that House is incharge?

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
Not sure. I never really got much into socionics, so I wouldn't even be able to make a viable guess in that direction.

Going off MBTI though, Cameron is so an ENFP. Wilson also strikes me as an INFP, though I'm not entirely sure.

I'd have to think about it a bit more for the others.