Thread: Joanna Newsom: type?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Me? I don't think I was hateful. I think calling someone "rude" and "condescending" in the context of a debate - apparently just because you don't like her viewpoint - is rather hateful, though. I'd blame that on Quinlan, but you were awfully quick on that bandwagon.

Speaking of which (derail...), I don't get why people think ISFPs are so docile and sweet. Or for that matter, Fs period. I've met some nasty Fs in my time...
    Well what do you expect? You basically said that ISFPs are incapable of writing down and recording a metaphorical song, are we really so feeble minded as to be incapable of writing a metaphorical song that the very act of doing so screams away from us? Because that is what you strongly suggested.

I don't think you were hateful either, but your understanding of type and human ability lacks a lot of subtlety.

When you say "<type> can't do this" you are basically stating a challenge or putting down each person that identifies with that type.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Well what do you expect? You basically said that ISFPs are incapable of writing down and recording a metaphorical song, are we really so feeble minded as to be incapable of writing a metaphorical song that the very act of doing so screams away from us? Because that is what you strongly suggested.

I don't think you were hateful either, but your understanding of type and human ability lacks a lot of subtlety.

When you say "<type> can't do this" you are basically stating a challenge or putting down each person that identifies with that type.
    You make such a good point. That's the problem; the lack of subtlety. Also, a possible misunderstanding of the ISFP type and the extent of its possibilities.

I don't even think Bjork is INFJ, she VIs as ISFJ (and ISFJs can be incredibly creative: I know -- my boyfriend is one and is a painter and singer/songwriter and blows away this cow town consistently).

in joanna i see liv tylor, and when i see liv tylor i have to think of Jerry O'Connell (who starrs in crossing jordan). both are perfect enneagram nines. fairly aggressive (which screams Fi) with strong righteous judgments about everything (one wing) but totally passive (in denial) about it. the nines fantasy island is motivated by Fi. but physiognomy tells me that joanna newsom is probably a perceiver, meaning her first function is perceptive. the only perceiver with Fi are extroverted: enfp or esfp. i am not sure if extroverted nines exist, on the other hand, the nines unawareness of identity is sort of screaming for extroversion.

bjrk is esfj, her creativity is in Si.

love it or hate it.

hope the pictures help

the guy on the left of bjrk pops up when you do a google image search for esfj. all i have got
    Attached Images

Reigning Bologna Princess Array Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I could say I mean no disrespect, but I'm not subtle and I'm not lying. You all suck at typing.

I... suppose. Yeah!

^ is ridiculous.

As for Bjork, I'd agree with ESFJ... I'm wrong about the ISFJ, I see now. But both Liv and Joanna are ISFPs.

just so we understand us, what do you think your (isfp) functions are?

Reigning Bologna Princess Array Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

^

Just because you invariably end your posts with a doesn't mean you're less of a jerk, you know. You've been hostile since your second post in this thread and cowering behind an ISFP label for some unknown reason. I don't have much respect for what you're saying.

I have zero opinion about you as an individual, so please don't erroneously chalk this up to some ENTP hatred. The number of people I actually concern myself with hating is remarkably limited.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I could say I mean no disrespect, but I'm not subtle and I'm not lying. You all suck at typing.
    Well it is disrespectful, and it has no basis in the theory, saying an ISFP can't write a metaphorical song is like saying an INFJ can't take a beautiful photograph or an ENTP can't care for people or a black person can't play golf, they are blanket statements which are not only disrespectful but just plain incorrect under any reasonable personality theory.

It's not your conclusion that has bothered me, I could care less if this girl is ISFP or INFJ, I don't know anything about her. It's the assumptions you're using to come to that conclusion, which I feel are completely unnessary and inaccurate.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

...and Bjork is irrelevant, if they didn't have similar voices she wouldn't have even been brought up.

methaphors come from the logic of emotions anyway. intuition is pseudo visual, but not at all visual in the way a metaphors is. for me, a perception-dominant, they are very secondary. i use them, to create a bridge to people, who have no perceptive vision, or not the same one, that i have. this translation is very vague, ie not lossless at all. a metaphor is usually a static picture. it's neither sensory nor intuitive, but sometimes, metaphors may imply a dynamic functionality. if so, they can be evoked by what ever perceptive function your opponent in communication uses. this way, a metaphor can be a translation link between Ni and Ne people or between Se or Si people.

dichotomy judgers like FiSe or FiNe can and will create an equal amount of metaphors, if they talk about personal (emotional) experience. but they may statistically talk more or less about different topics, some of which can be handled without metaphors.