• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trent Reznor...

Fecal McAngry

I'm not going by interviews, but more by the themes of his songs.

Would anyone agree that Trent Reznor is an INTJ? I don't know about the T part, but his lyrics are very Ni; very introspective.

He's an ISTP. His lyrics are introspective, but not Ni.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Give me an example that shows Trent as an S and not N. Please.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
I don't remember where I heard it, but I agree with ENFP for Trent. He's introspective all right, but definitely an attention craver. The manly thing he puts on because of this might be where people are getting that he is an S.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Anyone notice in the opening credits of The Social Network that Trent Reznor did the music for that movie...interesting.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Trent is a very neurotic INTP, which alot of people mistake for INFP.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. The lyrics to "the collector" defines his functions one through four.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't see much direct Ti in NIN's music and I'm quite an avid listener. Year Zero might have quite a bit given what the album is about (even then, I'd sooner say it is some Ni concept of a dystopian-like society before a critique of our current one). I haven't listened to this particular album though.

NIN really doesn't display the angst it did in earlier albums. But even then, the content was very much about control/power and what feels right/wrong to the narrator (Te/Fi). The Downward spiral especially reeks of Ni, you can't miss it. Trent is also very deliberate and strategic as a person. There isn't much there to say that he's a perceiver.

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Trent Reznor makes me think of DinoRino.

DinoRhino.jpg

Vorm Krieg

Isn't Trent an idealist? :/
Isn't he famous for his rigid work ethic, dictatorship in the studio and incredible focus? Plus, I see The Downward Spiral as a good example of what an unhealthy INTJs thought process would look like. Nihilism, hatred, anger, selfdestruction. Overall, I think that his music puts so much emphasis on anger, very much like an INTJ with hurt Fi expressing himself in a very forceful way. Unhealthy INFP would look something more like Elliott Smith or Kurt Cobain I believe. And of course, his impatience and bursts of rage (walking off the stage when the audience screams during 'Hurt', smashing the equipment when it isn't working properly, and so on), all makes me think INTJ.

'Right where it belongs' describes living very much inside your head and doubting your perception of reality. Sounds Ni-dom to me.

And oh, 5w4 Sx/So?

EDIT: Maybe Sx/Sp is more likely..

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
But right where it belongs used to amaze me because of how much I connected to it/ and how much it resonated with me... it described exactly how I felt, when alone and thinking. But, you're probably right although the eraser lyrics seem very INFP............so do countless others. He may very well be an INTJ though.