Thread: The O.C.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Default The O.C.

Ryan: ISTP maybe?? INTJ?? I have no idea.
    Marissa: ENFJ?? ENFP??
    Seth: INTP?
    Summer: ESFJ?

The rest of the cast....??
    Last edited by TheEmeraldCanopy; 03-27-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    ESFP

Ryan: INTJ
    Marissa: ENFP definitly.
    Seth: ISTJ
    Summer: ENFJ

FigerPuppet

Seth doesn't seem like an ISTJ.

i would say ISFJ for seth

MBTI
    INFP

A typologically well-balanced show, if I may say so. (Could use another N.)

I always thought it was kind of perfect the way the core family unit on this show worked because of what I'd call the "two degrees of separation" (although these vary widely from some of the preceding opinions):

Seth -- INFP, tending towards ENTP. Comic genius, obvious Ne, but lazy and extremely self-possessed.
    Ryan -- ISTP -- passionate about building/design, chivalrous Fe intentions get out of control.
    Kirsten -- (i)SFJ -- Bears responsibility for everything! "I'm never throwing another party again."
    Sandy -- ENF(j) -- "^Oh honey, don't tease." One of my favourite bits of dialogue from the show.

Marissa -- (i)SFP -- Most likely to say: "Leave me alone."
    Summer -- ESFJ -- Most likely to respond with: "But you'll feel better if..."
    Taylor -- ESFJ -- Essentially Summer, but alienated from nurturing figure with interesting social consequences.
    Julie -- ESTP -- Needs to appear in control, overprotective to atone for own early adulthood mistakes. Strong image-focus represents direction of unconscious pull for most of the greater community.
    Jimmy -- (e)SF(p) -- Bonded closely to Marissa by shared values, but not a well-developed character.
    Caleb -- ISTJ -- Personifies the corporate establishment, but pathologically private.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Ryan: ISTP (Mechanical, never really thought about the future, reclusive...)
    Marissa: INFP. (Her best friend, Summer, was extraverted, which may have made her not seem as shy, but she definitely needed recharging alone time.)
    Summer: ESFJ.
    Seth: ISFJ?
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by edward the confessor View Post
    A typologically well-balanced show, if I may say so. (Could use another N.)

I always thought it was kind of perfect the way the core family unit on this show worked because of what I'd call the "two degrees of separation" (although these vary widely from some of the preceding opinions):

Seth -- INFP, tending towards ENTP. Comic genius, obvious Ne, but lazy and extremely self-possessed.
    Ryan -- ISTP -- passionate about building/design, chivalrous Fe intentions get out of control.
    Kirsten -- (i)SFJ -- Bears responsibility for everything! "I'm never throwing another party again."
    Sandy -- ENF(j) -- "^Oh honey, don't tease." One of my favourite bits of dialogue from the show.

Marissa -- (i)SFP -- Most likely to say: "Leave me alone."
    Summer -- ESFJ -- Most likely to respond with: "But you'll feel better if..."
    Taylor -- ESFJ -- Essentially Summer, but alienated from nurturing figure with interesting social consequences.
    Julie -- ESTP -- Needs to appear in control, overprotective to atone for own early adulthood mistakes. Strong image-focus represents direction of unconscious pull for most of the greater community.
    Jimmy -- (e)SF(p) -- Bonded closely to Marissa by shared values, but not a well-developed character.
    Caleb -- ISTJ -- Personifies the corporate establishment, but pathologically private.
    Agree entirely on the types and comments, although the brackets aren't needed.
    Last edited by dynamiteninja; 08-04-2009 at 08:22 AM.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm re-watching the first season with a friend right now, and here's what I'm seeing:

Ryan: ISTP
    Marissa: ENFP. Maybe INFP?
    Summer: ESFP
    Seth: ISFJ
    Sandy: ENFJ
    Kirsten: ISTJ
    Julie: ESTJ
    Jimmy: ISFJ
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."