• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dmitri Martin

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I wish they'd stop jerking around and cancel his show already. More Futurama reruns please!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
According to Demetri himself, he's INTJ. Struck me as more of an INTP from his act, but sometimes the act can be more "P" because it's planned to be that way. It's the same with Dennis Miller, who is known for his "random" references in his humor that are actually all very planned.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Jeff I don't see that his show is P at all.

His jokes are very Ti though.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's my guess as well. Actually in my impression he is *a lot* like one of the INTPs on this very board. I'm not saying who though. :newwink:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if the only piece of info i had was his show, I would say ENTP.

though if someone apparently heard him say INTJ, i could believe it... alot of my antics are planned, yet it looks like xxxp chaos. (just ask anyone who has heard me on vent).

I actually think the show is hilarious.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
It's funny, I have been watching his show and I thought he was a total INTP. I'm amazed other people came to the same conclusion. INTJ, perhaps, but he doesn't really strike me as as much of a rigorously scientific problem-solver like the INTJs I know. However, it is possible. He's definitely INT something. Doesn't strike me as extroverted, so I personally will say INTx, or INTP. Then again, I've never met him, so I don't know a lot of aspects of his personality. If he says he's INTJ he probably took the test and got that result.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I would have guessed INFP for him, but I tend to think if he self typed as INTJ, then that is probably what he is. A person's "on-stage" persona can often be quite different than who they really are.

ygolo

My termites win
My initial impression was formed by the previews and excerpts of his show and special, and he seemed like an ENTP from that impression (but I think Comedy Central commercials of the comedians always try to portray the most E and P moments of the comedians).

But after actually watching his show and special. He is most definitely INTJ as a perfomer. If his personality matches, then he is an INTJ.

deleted
Not to be overly simple, but I think we should compare Demitri Martin (the fictional character) to Gregory House

Criss-cross or parallel?

Who is more extroverted? Who is more perceiving... etc.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I would have guessed INFP for him, but I tend to think if he self typed as INTJ, then that is probably what he is. A person's "on-stage" persona can often be quite different than who they really are.

he does seem to have a nice-guy IxFx vibe.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i always sort of thought he was an INFP too, i totally can't see INTJ, but i trust his self typing.

maliafee

Type the guys on "Important Things"

Dimitri Martin - INFP or ISFP??? (I usually can tell but I've watched it too many times without thinking about it and now I'm having trouble deciphering his face, but his personality seems like either INFP or ISFP to me)

H. Jon Benjamin - ENTP

--
Anybody think differently?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Dimitri Martin stated himself that he was an INTJ. Take that as you will.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
It's no use doubting someone's type, especially if they're an introvert. Introverts can be the exact opposite "real" type of what they appear to be on the outside. I'd say it's likely that he is an INTJ. Besides, his humor is very blatantly off-the-wall and random - NT to the core :p