• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Marilyn Manson's type

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Just looked up some Manson quotes from this site http://thinkexist.com/quotes/marilyn_manson/

“We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.”

“I fear being like everyone I hate, I fear failure, I fear losing control. I love balancing between chaos and control with everything I do (things a judger would say in my oppinion). I always have a fear of going one way or another, getting lost in something, or losing everything to get lost in. And I fear being a completely acceptable sheep in society.”

“Is adult entertainment killing our children? or is killing our children entertaining our adults?”

“People tend to associate anyone who looks and behaves differently with illegal or immoral activity.”

“A lot of people don't want to make their own decisions. They're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do."

Here's the whole show with him and Lakita Garth.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tco6_-yP40
He wants people to think for themselves, which could be a hint for INTx, but his behavior strikes me INFx (It could just be the obvious 4w5 enneagram type).

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Marilyn Manson is a little bit complicated to type. The way he talks about religion, god, faith and how he believe, that everyone should believe in himself. It's something I would accept from a typical INTJ, but it would be such a cliche right? The way how he can be emotional, close to his believes, wants to change that stereotypical way how people view the world, and lot of his lyrics, art...it just screams NF. High Ni for sure. INFJ I would say, but sure not healthly.

Within

Permabanned
He's of genius level IQ, as well as the victim of sexual abuse as a child. Moar facts, that might help you guys type him.

"You get depressed because you know that you're not what you should be."

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Could possibly be INFP, but I'm pretty confident he's INFJ.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I came here thinking INFP, and that INFJ could be arguable. But I'd think that and INFJ would be more subtle in appearance and communication than what he is. But on the other hand, INFJ's tend to make themselves distant and hard to understand. That part would fit Manson quite well.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I look forward to viewing those clips when I get a chance.

Apparently this topic really got to me a few years ago leaving me in some kind of Fi-frenzy. LOL

E

Epiphany

I look forward to viewing those clips when I get a chance.

Apparently this topic really got to me a few years ago leaving me in some kind of Fi-frenzy. LOL

One of the most interesting facts in the documumentary is that he had no experience or musical abilities prior to starting the band. Seems like he was just looking for the right creative outlet for his artistic inclinations.

R

Riva

[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] do you have any opinions about his type? If you want to know why i'm asking you; it is because (2) i've noticed that (like most infjs) you are good at typing/i agree with your typing and (1) he kind of have a free flowing, observation conversational style without holding self back which is similar to you. By any chance if you are annoyed by the comparison, my apologies in advance.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] do you have any opinions about his type? If you want to know why i'm asking you; it is because (2) i've noticed that (like most infjs) you are good at typing/i agree with your typing and (1) he kind of have a free flowing, observation conversational style without holding self back which is similar to you. By any chance if you are annoyed by the comparison, my apologies in advance.

:thinking: No idea. Never was a fan of his music. I'll check out some of those documentaries, & some interviews later on, though. I can't speak for my own accuracy regarding type; often I have more than one guess, when it comes to strangers.
I'll come back to this post/edit, after. & summon you through the magical mention function.

Til then,

:drwho:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I totally recant. This dude is an INFJ.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
After seeing a documentary I say his type is INFJ 4w5 sx/sp. He is totally nuts, extremely withdrawn and a genius.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a really, really hard time seeing him as INFJ. I can understand why people who have only seen a few interviews or read a few of his quotes could assume that, but after learning about the person rather than the persona I see a definite NT.
My guess would be eNTP (and a social introvert, as many ENTPs are) whose persona has an INFJ-ish messiah/prophet overtone (like Bill Hicks late in his career), based on his autobiography, numerous interviews, and his art/lyrics. He may use a fair amount of Ni, but I see WAY more Ne and Ti. The impression I got from his autobiography was of a natural Ne+Ti user who greatly admires Ni-dom thinkers like Nietzsche and Freud and has incorporated many of their ideas into his personal philosophy. (I'm a Fi+Ne user and I do the same; there are sections of my journal that probably sound like they're written by an INFJ, because many of my beliefs and even the way I think sometimes have been influenced by Ni-users.)

He especially doesn't strike me as a Feeler. The impression I got from his autobiography is that he had well-developed Ti but explosive, misanthropic Fe in his teens and early twenties and he softened as he got older. Even now, his Fe seems mostly utilitarian, in service of Ne/Ti's schemes, rather than completely sincere.

One more thing: although he genuinely has a lot to say, I don't doubt for a second that he does a lot for pure shock value and attention whoring as well. I think most INFJs find that sort of thing crass, but many ENTPs enjoy it.

4w5 is a rare e-type for an eNTP, but any combination is possible, and it could explain why people read him as INFx.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The interviews of him i've seen strike me as an STP. I realize the assumptions on this forum are that STs cannot be creative and such, but that is not consistent with the MBTI literature. There is a bizarre manner in which STPs get confused with INFJs when they lead. I think this is because they share all the same functions, but in a different order. INFJs are intensely private. He is a showman, and an incredible business man. He adores shock value - something that INFJs avoid like the plague. He could be the same type as Madonna. These image intense people are strategists in a way that is not compatible with INFJness. INFJs are not image conscious in this way. Few people in pop culture are INFJs - maybe a few method actors and modest, counterculture musicians.

INFJs are very private, nuanced, complex, inward, hidden. Their expression is not overt, shocking, showman style. The reason I am quicker to call DeNiro an INFJ is because he has the capacity to disappear, observe a sea of details and nuance about people, then recreate using intense empathy. I can't swear to either being INFJ, but I'd place a decent sized bet on DeNiro over MM.

I worked for a male INFJ employer. Not even close.

As an INFJ artist myself i can tell you that shock value and drama is not the dialogue of Ni-Fe, etc. INFJ art is intense understatement and nuance.

INFJ's too can be flashy. I am myself. It shocks my parents. Lol. Not that I want to really. I just want to be beautiful. :) And reality can see me for myself.

That reminds me... Do we have any active male INFJ members?
Hi! :hi:
I totally recant. This dude is an INFJ.
Yes. :devil:

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJ 4w5 all the way. I win because MM is my avatar. :devil:

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've read somewhere few months ago that he is an INFJ, which I hope isn't the case. I wouldn't like a brick head like him to share the same MBTI time as me but, I do believe he is a type 4 in enneagram though.
My best shot is ISFP, with a highly developed Ni.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was a fan of his music but then I grew out of the shock value stuff. It's boring and old. His last album was great, but I just got tired of the schtick. His music just made me feel negative. On to his typing, though, I've always heard he's an INFJ, 4w5.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I was a fan of his music but then I grew out of the shock value stuff. It's boring and old. His last album was great, but I just got tired of the schtick. His music just made me feel negative. On to his typing, though, I've always heard he's an INFJ, 4w5.

This. However I don't think that 4w3 would be wrong either. He is very very good at attracting attention.