• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kate Bush

What is Kate Bushs' type

• INFP

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • INFJ

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • INTP

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • INTJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ENFP

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • ESFP

• ESFJ

• ENTP

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • ENTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• Total voters

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kate Bush is my all-time favourite singer-songwriter. From the very beginning of her career her unique lyrics and eclectic musical arrangements caught my attention, and my infatuation has grown even stronger over the years.

I believe she is an INFP. Kate is famously introverted and reclusive, and she comes across as very romantic and idealistic, so the INF-part seems likely. The J/P dimension is open to debate, but to my mind, she demonstrates far stronger use of Fi than Fe, both in her music and in person (I met her once, briefly, at a record signing).

Oh, and she is surely an Enneagram 4w5.

Opinions?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love Kate!

I'm gonna say she's a ISFP. Very ethereal and spooky. Very artistic.

Gauche

I'm for either ISFP or INFJ. Not sure. Those two types looks similar at first sight sometimes.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
She seems INFP. Her lyrics are very abstract.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Poll: Kate Bushs' type

Rosabel

Kate Bush! I love her!

People normally type her as INFP, but I don't agree with it by the interviews I've seen and her music in general. I'd go with INFJ. I don't remember where I read one interview with her... she was describing the way she worked, it was very J-ish, and she took a quiet leadership role (an INFJ trait, mostly). Her music for me suggests more Ni-Fe (writing songs in the perspective of others is VERY Ni-Fe).

Last edited:

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=16274]Rosabel[/MENTION] I think so too. I know she's often typed infp, but I kind of think of her and Trent Reznor having more in common in regards to their working method, which I attribute to INXJ...then again he's sometimes typed ISFP. ;)
It's funny... no one seems to think INFJs make musicians, yet it's something so many INFJs are very passionate about.
The Celebrity types only lists Leonard Cohen (I agree), George Harrison (don't know much about him) and Marilyn Manson ( I read his autobiography and I just don't understand this claim) as far as INFJ musicians go. No women. Which is peculiar as the female to male ratio is what it is.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni: She talked about the direction she was going in the first interview, and how the vision she had from her last show inspired the next two shows.

Her facial expressions are expansive (Fe) and she considers dance and integral part of her work (Se-typical)

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think INFP, based on numerous interviews and her art (especially her lyrics). Overall, I get an impression of abstract Feeling (Fi) and concrete iNtuition (Ne) rather than NiFe. Her style of expression seems so different from most INFJ musicians; her imagination seems expansive, whimsical, and pulling things in from a hundred different directions, playing off of them and making them uniquely hers by processing them through Fi and giving them vibrant and idiosyncratic emotional color. INFJ imagination is more heavily abstracted/removed from its input, and in my experience comes across as less whimsical and playful and more focused and intense. The links from external input to internal vision are much harder to trace.

I also think she's a 4w3 with a 497 trifix.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think INFP, based on numerous interviews and her art (especially her lyrics). Overall, I get an impression of abstract Feeling (Fi) and concrete iNtuition (Ne) rather than NiFe. Her style of expression seems so different from most INFJ musicians; her imagination seems expansive, whimsical, and pulling things in from a hundred different directions, playing off of them and making them uniquely hers by processing them through Fi and giving them vibrant and idiosyncratic emotional color. INFJ imagination is more heavily abstracted/removed from its input, and in my experience comes across as less whimsical and playful and more focused and intense. The links from external input to internal vision are much harder to trace.

I also think she's a 4w3 with a 497 trifix.

I definitely see 4w3 for Enneagram, her music has the e-4 themes throughout it... envy, yearning, creating one's inner world. INFJ's are more intense and focused, and there's a feeling of structure and order to INxJ music as a whole. Kate's work is more spontaneous, expansive, and whimsical, which is more indicative of IxFP preference than INFJ. It's a contrast from the e-4 emotionality that you get from Muse, which is more INFJ influenced, and there's more intensity. Kate's most intense piece is Waking the Witch, but even then, the way the piece is constructed with different samples of voices, to the way the music takes its form, it still has that light and airy IxFP vibe. You'll find that INFJ music tends to have a focus not only on people, but also some overarching idea, web of concepts, connecting people to the universe, cosmos, and how we all play a role within this massive web and how we could avert natural disasters (ex. Muse's song Unsustainable). Kate's music is more fluid and dreamy. She may seem INFJ-ish on the videos, but in a way, she also reminds me of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, who is INFP. It's also in a similar headspace as Peter Gabriel's music, which from reading about him, he comes across as an INFP, same spontaneity. Kate Bush takes an insanely slow (slower than Peter Gabriel does!) amount of time to create her music, perfecting it, taking her time, and that's more indicative of Perception, rather than Judging. It's a part of collecting all information to make a decision, rather than arriving on a decision quickly like Judging types.

á´…eparted

passages
She's INFJ. I almost see ENFJ, but not quite as Ni and Fe are fairly close. She is very willing to share how she feels and sees the world (quite outwardly driven), and is very firm in her declarations on matters. She's also very internally abstract and doesn't seem to be driven so much to externally check them. Which is why I see the Ni/Fe pairing.

Enneagram she is most certainly 4w3, it's clear as crystal.

I love Kate Bush. The musicality of her stuff isn't totally my thing, but I LOOOOVE her signing style. She's also cited as a huge inspiration for nearly all of my favorite bands. So really, without her I doubt there'd be much of what I listen to.

yeghor

ENFJ I think... She seems too seductive and relaxed to be an INFJ... She's dancing, performing, and is happy with it... She has the hypnotizing ENFJ look...

These aren't the self-conscious INFJ looks but something else:

All these photos convey the message "I am fabulous" to me... She looks ISFPish in some photos but she's not reserved like one... The droopy mesmerizing eyes, I think it's ENFJs' signature... (ENFJ is INFP's mirror image, so that's why people may be mistaking her for one...)

So my vote is on ENFJ...

á´…eparted

passages
ENFJ I think... She seems too seductive and relaxed to be an INFJ... She's dancing, performing, and is happy with it... She has the hypnotizing ENFJ look...

These aren't the self-conscious INFJ looks but something else:

All these photos convey the message "I am fabulous" to me... She looks ISFPish in some photos but she's not reserved like one... The droopy mesmerizing eyes, I think it's ENFJs' signature... (ENFJ is INFP's mirror image, so that's why people may be mistaking her for one...)

So my vote is on ENFJ...

Physical apperance has nothing to do with type.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
What's her type?

Who's that ?
ENFJ ?

Kate Bush is difficult. IxFx.
Went out running in the snow a few times with her album "50 words for snow" on, which was truely intense. Big fan. Great musician, very enigmatic.