First 123 Last

Thread: Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Ni: She talked about the direction she was going in the first interview, and how the vision she had from her last show inspired the next two shows.

Her facial expressions are expansive (Fe) and she considers dance and integral part of her work (Se-typical)
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I think INFP, based on numerous interviews and her art (especially her lyrics). Overall, I get an impression of abstract Feeling (Fi) and concrete iNtuition (Ne) rather than NiFe. Her style of expression seems so different from most INFJ musicians; her imagination seems expansive, whimsical, and pulling things in from a hundred different directions, playing off of them and making them uniquely hers by processing them through Fi and giving them vibrant and idiosyncratic emotional color. INFJ imagination is more heavily abstracted/removed from its input, and in my experience comes across as less whimsical and playful and more focused and intense. The links from external input to internal vision are much harder to trace.

I also think she's a 4w3 with a 497 trifix.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    I think INFP, based on numerous interviews and her art (especially her lyrics). Overall, I get an impression of abstract Feeling (Fi) and concrete iNtuition (Ne) rather than NiFe. Her style of expression seems so different from most INFJ musicians; her imagination seems expansive, whimsical, and pulling things in from a hundred different directions, playing off of them and making them uniquely hers by processing them through Fi and giving them vibrant and idiosyncratic emotional color. INFJ imagination is more heavily abstracted/removed from its input, and in my experience comes across as less whimsical and playful and more focused and intense. The links from external input to internal vision are much harder to trace.

I also think she's a 4w3 with a 497 trifix.
    I definitely see 4w3 for Enneagram, her music has the e-4 themes throughout it... envy, yearning, creating one's inner world. INFJ's are more intense and focused, and there's a feeling of structure and order to INxJ music as a whole. Kate's work is more spontaneous, expansive, and whimsical, which is more indicative of IxFP preference than INFJ. It's a contrast from the e-4 emotionality that you get from Muse, which is more INFJ influenced, and there's more intensity. Kate's most intense piece is Waking the Witch, but even then, the way the piece is constructed with different samples of voices, to the way the music takes its form, it still has that light and airy IxFP vibe. You'll find that INFJ music tends to have a focus not only on people, but also some overarching idea, web of concepts, connecting people to the universe, cosmos, and how we all play a role within this massive web and how we could avert natural disasters (ex. Muse's song Unsustainable). Kate's music is more fluid and dreamy. She may seem INFJ-ish on the videos, but in a way, she also reminds me of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, who is INFP. It's also in a similar headspace as Peter Gabriel's music, which from reading about him, he comes across as an INFP, same spontaneity. Kate Bush takes an insanely slow (slower than Peter Gabriel does!) amount of time to create her music, perfecting it, taking her time, and that's more indicative of Perception, rather than Judging. It's a part of collecting all information to make a decision, rather than arriving on a decision quickly like Judging types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

She's INFJ. I almost see ENFJ, but not quite as Ni and Fe are fairly close. She is very willing to share how she feels and sees the world (quite outwardly driven), and is very firm in her declarations on matters. She's also very internally abstract and doesn't seem to be driven so much to externally check them. Which is why I see the Ni/Fe pairing.

Enneagram she is most certainly 4w3, it's clear as crystal.

I love Kate Bush. The musicality of her stuff isn't totally my thing, but I LOOOOVE her signing style. She's also cited as a huge inspiration for nearly all of my favorite bands. So really, without her I doubt there'd be much of what I listen to.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

ENFJ I think... She seems too seductive and relaxed to be an INFJ... She's dancing, performing, and is happy with it... She has the hypnotizing ENFJ look...

These aren't the self-conscious INFJ looks but something else:

All these photos convey the message "I am fabulous" to me... She looks ISFPish in some photos but she's not reserved like one... The droopy mesmerizing eyes, I think it's ENFJs' signature... (ENFJ is INFP's mirror image, so that's why people may be mistaking her for one...)

So my vote is on ENFJ...

She also reminds me of Mary Steenburgen

ISFP
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    ENFJ I think... She seems too seductive and relaxed to be an INFJ... She's dancing, performing, and is happy with it... She has the hypnotizing ENFJ look...

These aren't the self-conscious INFJ looks but something else:

All these photos convey the message "I am fabulous" to me... She looks ISFPish in some photos but she's not reserved like one... The droopy mesmerizing eyes, I think it's ENFJs' signature... (ENFJ is INFP's mirror image, so that's why people may be mistaking her for one...)

So my vote is on ENFJ...
    Physical apperance has nothing to do with type.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

What's her type?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    What's her type?
    Who's that ?
    ENFJ ?

Kate Bush is difficult. IxFx.
    Went out running in the snow a few times with her album "50 words for snow" on, which was truely intense. Big fan. Great musician, very enigmatic.