7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Frodo- ISFP
    Sam- ISFJ
    Merry- ENTP
    Pippin- ENTP
    Bilbo- ISTP
    Gandalf- INFJ (INTJ? Are you guys on something?)
    Saruman- INTJ
    Sauron- ENTJ
    Aragorn- ISTP
    Boromir- ESTP
    Legolas- ISFP
    Gimli- ISTJ
    Elrond- INTJ
    Arwen- INFJ
    Haldir- ISTP
    Galadriel- INFJ
    Faramir- INTP
    Theoden- ENTJ
    Grima- INTP
    Eomer- ESTP
    Eowyn- ENFP
    Treebeard- ESFJ
    Smeagol- ESFP
    Gollum- ISFP
    Denethor- ISTJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Likes Alassea liked this post

Quinlan just seems so right on to me about Gollum (that he's ESFP with a nasty INTJ shadow).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Gollum is not really a J (therefore making him not a T either), and not too inventive. ISFP seems like the best fit. Besides, Gollum isn't really Smeagol's shadow -- That'd indicate they're the same persona. Smeagol suffers DID, and Gollum is his alter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

He's way too buddy-buddy to be ISFP.

Anyways, I'm only saying it's an INTJ shadow (i.e. completely dysfunctional).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    He's way too buddy-buddy to be ISFP.
    No, I know Smeagol is an ESFP. it's Gollum that's the ISFP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

I hate carrying on about it, but I think he's too vicious and talkative for ISFP as well...and scheming, whatwith trying to lead frodo to that spider's cave. I'm not sure why some think Eowyn's ENFP either. She doesn't say much. She stands in the back when other characters strategize, she hangs around by herself practicing with her sword..she quietly disobeys her father and sneaks into battle, and then finally after being fairly low key, she stands out because she's physically adept. and her ideas aren't exactly brilliant in a certain light. she impulsive. even gandalf is scared of the witch king.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

* Aragorn gives me an infj vibe.

* Frodo... infp. His connection with Gandalf and aragorn (both who I think are intuitive), to me, seems to point to an 'intuitive' connection.

There's a part in the first film, where Sam, Pippin and Merry are walking and Frodo suddenly says "get off the road". He put 2 and 2 together, and could intuitively 'feel' something bad was going to happen. I'm trying to think of more examples, but I haven't seen the films in years (although I do adore them).

* Arwen seems like an nf to me.

figsfiggyfigs

I love how most evil characters are ENTJ/INTJ.

------------

wrong thread

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Gandalf doesn't appear to be a Te type at all. Nor, for that matter, does he seem like an Ni type. Ne is much more obvious. He doesn't lead or take command in the conventional sense if he can help it (others push him into it sometimes, but that's another matter). His plans, such as they are, are always subject to change, and he would rather transmit his vision of the truth to others to inspire them into action than give specific orders. He reacts quickly in conversations and appears to get a lot of enjoyment from verbal byplay and witticisms, which suggests a strong, and likely dominant Ne at work. His conversations are highly interactive and show a lot of improvisatory one-upmanship in the Ne, and particularly ENTP style, not in the J style of plainly stating one's position from the outset. To take a good example, from the start of The Hobbit:

'Good morning' said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out further than the brim of his shady hat.
    'What do you mean?' he said. 'Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?'
    'All of them at once,' said Bilbo."

(...)

" 'We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them,' " [Bilbo]

" 'Good morning!' he said at last. 'We don't want any adventures here, thank you! You might try over The Hill or across The Water.' By this, he meant the conversation was at an end.

'What a lot of things you do use Good morning for!' said Gandalf. 'Now you mean that you want to get rid of me, and that it won't be good till I move off.' "
    xSTJ is plain silly for old D; he gives very strong indications of Ni dominance, though I'd agree he's a J type. A strong, self-contained character and subtle thinker, he doesn't give much away (witness his lengthy probing of Merry to get information and irritate Gandalf).

He seems particularly good at forming conclusions from limited information, which he tends to keep to himself and reveal it, in a very forceful and definite manner, at the time of his choosing - this is very characteristic Ni dominance, I would have thought. This is very obvious, for instance, when he demonstrates his insight into Aragorn and their real purpose for being here; the fact that it is somewhat slanted with a negative assessment of their motivations makes it no less remarkable, given how little substantial information he has to go on:

"You think you are wise, Mithrandir, yet for all your subtleties you have not wisdom. Do you think the eyes of the White Tower are blind? I have seen more than you know. With your left hand you would use me as a shield against Mordor, and with your right you would seek to supplant me! I know who rides with Théoden of Rohan. Oh yes! Word has reached my ears of this Aragorn, son of Arathorn, and I tell you now I will not bow to this Ranger from the North, last of a ragged house long bereft of lordship."
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...