MBTI
    ENTP

Default WATCHMEN

So dudes, what are their types?

My predictions for your (typology central public) interpretations:

Rorschach: INTJ
    The Comedian: ESTP
    Dr. Manhattan: INTP
    Veidt: ISTP/INTJ (I think it'll be mostly a split)
    Miss Jupiter: INFJ

So, what do you guys think?
    Feel free to type other characters too.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

I personally think of Rorschach as an SJ. ISXJ. Probably more thinking.
    "ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ." from TypeLogic.
    Seems to fit him...

Jon/Dr. Manhatten probably is an INTP, and I can see The Comedian as an ESTP.
    The rest I'm not sure about.

What about Nite Owl?

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I see Rorschach as a total F. In all honesty, I believe a T would at least think about the solution at the end of the story, instead of dismissing it as wrong.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    I see Rorschach as a total F. In all honesty, I believe a T would at least think about the solution at the end of the story, instead of dismissing it as wrong.
    Pious adherence to truth even in the face of certain death is frequently a habit of the Ti type.
    [archetype hyperbole]
    What was so F about how he was more in favor of risking almost certain nuclear war over telling the truth. All he saw were his values -- nothing to do with whether it'd cause pain to the human psyche, or even death.
    we fukin won boys

ive only read a bit of the comic book but i'd guess rorschach to be istj

MASTER OF APATHY AND PURPLE SIGNATURES

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Rorschach: ISTP
    Dr. Manhattan: INTJ
    Veidt: ENTJ
    Night Owl: ESTJ
    Miss Jupiter (the daughter): ISFP
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Rorschach: ISTP
    Correct. The boolean preference and staunch, uncompromising nature of Ti are well displayed by his character. Additionally low Si/high Ti is evidenced by the impossibility of the task of intimidating him. He is afraid of nothing.
    While he is highly intuitive, we can't call him an N_P because none of his intuitions are extroverted. And as if that weren't enough, his reaction and thorough and rapidly updated awareness of his environment scream S_P.
    I can understand where the confusion comes in, but he is clearly Ne dominant. His gross behavior is overwhelming and more consistent with the usual habit of attitude of stereotypical ESTPs, but when you hear him talk, it's obvious that his attention is less focused on the concrete and more toward the abstract. Look at the things he discusses -- he never talks about anything. His dialog seems compelled to objectify abstract things like problems (the one quote where he put Veidt down) among other examples.
    ENTP.
    Dr. Manhattan: INTJ
    This one is just obvious...
    Veidt: ENTJ
    Correct.
    Night Owl: ESTJ
    No way... he's so nostaligic and shy... avoids being obtrusive (rarely an ESTJ thing). He's definitely an introvert.
    Miss Jupiter (the daughter): ISFP
    It's good that you see she's not an intuitive.
    I actually predicted before the showing of the movie that everyone would guess NF because of these two rules:

1. She's a woman
    2. She's the only woman

Gross habit - the assumption is, the resident lead emotive character in any movie, especially if that character is female, is that they're an NF.
    It's not always true guys.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Good topic, I've been pondering this myself recently. I'm re-reading the graphic novel in anticipation of the movie. Here are my guesses, including their Enneagram types as I find these easier to assess for the Watchmen:

Rorschach: definitely an introverted judging type, his morals and values are pre-eminent. He demonstrates tertiary Ni (paranoia, lateral thinking, conspiracy theorist), which makes him either ISTP or ISFP. At the moment, I'm tending toward the latter because his feelings are so contained yet intense, but ISTP is also a good fit.
    Enneatype is much easier: 1w9. Quite unhealthy: "The Punitive Avenger".

Ozymandius: ENTJ. Into self-improvement, delusions of grandeur, organisational genius.
    Enneatype: 3w4 "The Self-Made Achiever".

Silk Spectre II: best guess ISFP. Values privacy, sensual, very spontaneous.
    Enneatype: 2w1 "The Companion".

Nite Owl II: ISFJ. Friendly, shy, nostalgic, hero-worships others.
    Enneatype: 9w1 "The Peacemaker".

Dr Manhattan: can only be INTJ: emotionally detached, intellectual, fascinated by the deep structure of reality, perceives time as simultaneous.
    Enneatype: 5w4 "The Observer".

The Comedian: I also think he is ENTP. Outgoing, aggressive, abstract thinker, amoral.
    Enneatype is easy: 8w7. Quite unhealthy, therefore: "The Self-Serving Bully".
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    Pious adherence to truth even in the face of certain death is frequently a habit of the Ti type.
    [archetype hyperbole]
    What was so F about how he was more in favor of risking almost certain nuclear war over telling the truth. All he saw were his values -- nothing to do with whether it'd cause pain to the human psyche, or even death.
    Sorry, I'm just really starting to get into functional analysis, but I assumed that was Fi. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in his position. EDIT: So I doubt that decision is restricted to T types only.

MBTI
    Ixxx

I don't get why Dr. Manhattan is a J, not a P. He only made the decisions he had to, he really didn't plan anything himself. And despite the fact that he could see far enough into the future to know what was gonna happen (even when the long-term was cloudy), he always seemed to second guess what was going to happen and worry instead of moving decisively with what he had. He almost seemed like he was what every INTP wishes he or she could be. Yes? No?