• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WATCHMEN

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
i agree totally with this :D

also, i would just like to say (since this is THE watchmen thread) that nite owl is one of the worst designed "heroes" i have ever seen (and he seems totally unoriginal when compared to batman etc.)

Ironically the characters from Watchmen were originally established DC heroes. (For example Ozymandias was originally Batman.) The execs at DC really like Moore's story, but said he had to use new heroes, because it would change the established heroes too much.

Anyway if the Nite Owl seems unoriginal it's because he is. I believe he was originally supposed to be the Blue Beetle.

lamp

Rorschach - INFJ
Comedian - ISTP (ENTP is interesting)
Ozy - INTJ
Manhattan - INTP
Owl II - SFJ

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Rorschach: ISTJ

Ozymandius: ENTJ.

Silk Spectre II: ISFP

Nite Owl II: ISFJ

Dr Manhattan: INTP

The Comedian: ENTP

I haven't all the post's yet, so I'll let you know if I change anything.

Last edited:

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
The comedian is a typical ESTP. Ever met one? Thats them

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I didn't like Ozy very much in the movie, but of course he's an ENTJ of the highest order.

That being said, I identified with him quite a bit.

I don't know, I liked the comedian somehow.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Just finished the comic, and I'm absolutely in love with it.:wubbie:

My guesses:

Rorshach: INFJ
Ozymandias: ENTJ
Dan (Owl): INFP
Laurie (Silk Spectre): ISFJ
Dr. Manhattan: INTP
The Comedian: ESTP (although ENTP sounds like an interesting option)

I might elaborate on that later. I'm pretty surprised that people see Rorshach as an ISTJ or ISTP... Dan also seemed like a rather obvious INFP to me.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
So many great characters in this graphic novel (forget the movie as movies often lack the depth of written word)

I will take a stab..

Dr Manhattan-INTJ
Nite Owl -ISFJ
Rorschach- ISFP (Extremely Fi Dom)
The Comedian-ESFP on the surface (INTP inside) It's all one big Joke, except it isn't
Ozymandias- ENTJ
Silk Spectre- ISFP.. she does not like what she sees of herself in Rorschach

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
My take:

Ozymandias: INTJ
The Comedian: ESTP

Pretty introverted bunch as far as I can tell.

In the graphic novel, Ozymandias' origin is gone into in more detail, and his introversion becomes more apparent ... in my opinion of course. He's a true dreamer, modeling himself on the long dead Alexander the Great ... a very Ni thing to do, I'd say. His planning is primarily done mastermind-style, in secret, behind the scenes, rather than out front leading the ranks, commander style; more Eisenhower than MacArthur.

R

Riva

My take:

The Comedian: ISTP

+ 1

Pretty good typing.

Except the Comedian. He is most obviously ESTP. ISTPs take time to react to what goes around them. All IPs do. infact they are the slowest to react to a situation. The reaction speed MBTI type vise from my knowledge is ExxP, then ExxJ, then IxxJ and last IxxP. You must have noticed that ISTPs take time to react to their environment. The Comedian is the exact opposite of this. He is the 1st to react to any situation. That is action or discussions.

This could be the reason it is easier to confuse IxxJs to be ExxJs and vise versa but one never really finds it hard to distinguish between ExxP and IxxPs.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rorschach: ISTJ 1w? So/Sx
Dr. Manhattan: INTP So/Sp
Ozymandias: INTJ 1w9 ???
Nite Owl II: INFP 5w4 Sp/Sx
Silk Spectre II: ISFP 7w8 Sx/So
The Comedian: ISTP or ESTP 8w7 Sx/So

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
+ 1

Pretty good typing.

Except the Comedian. He is most obviously ESTP. ISTPs take time to react to what goes around them. All IPs do. infact they are the slowest to react to a situation. The reaction speed MBTI type vise from my knowledge is ExxP, then ExxJ, then IxxJ and last IxxP. You must have noticed that ISTPs take time to react to their environment.

The Comedian is the exact opposite of this. He is the 1st to react to any situation. That is action or discussions.

You're probably right. I had an ISTP boss once. He was a voracious reader of news media, would highlight and underline the Wall Street Journal from front to back. He was very streetwise, an expert on dirty tricks, never lost his temper, and could plan out the most brilliant revenge. He was also pretty easy going and fun most of the time—but when he was silent, he was downright scary.

Changed.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
My $0.02, based on the graphic novel:

Rorschach: ISTP
Nite Owl 2: ISFJ
Silk Spectre 2: ISFP

My $0.02, based on the graphic novel:

Rorschach: ISTP
Nite Owl 2: ISFJ
Silk Spectre 2: ISFP

Agreed. Veidt had the xNTJ voice going on, and probably would have been more fieldmarshall than mastermind, had he been ENTJ. The Comedian would have seen Veidt's plan to save the world if he was an N, instead he told him his attempt to save civilization is futile and spat in his face, taking the stubborn and pragmatic route. I never quite got that ENTP vibe from his character, regardless of how many ENTP's fit the "comedian" archetype.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
More characters for us to review.

I haven't watched the new episode yet. I expect our typings to evolve over the season.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recorded it and will watch it later tonight hopefully. At least it got decent reviews.

yeghor

Rorschach: ISFJ (He is too emotional, zealous, excelled in literature and religion. Appearently, Alan Moore imagined him as far right conservative, and someone like Batman, he was quite irritated by the character, which would make Alan Moore an INTP. That is a bit sarcastic in that INTPs are also on the right wing spectrum whereas ISFJs are on the left conservative)

Nite Owl 2: ISTJ (He is also a good businessperson and a good engineer)
Silk Spectre 2: ESFP (She is too athletically skilled and in control to be an Fi-dom. She reminds me of Jennifer Garner)

Dr. Manhattan: INTJ (In the video below at 1:57 mark, Ozymandias says Dr. Manhattan actually had feelings and he could read them on his mimics and used his emotionality to manipulate him to going away into isolation in grief when he though he gave his lover the cancer. That means Dr. Manhattan was a tertiary F user).

Ozymandias: ENTJ

If this was the Harry Potter setting the equivalents would be:

Rorschach = Harry
Nite Owl 2 = Hermoine
Silk Spectre 2 = Ron
Comedian = Voldemort
Dr.Manhattan = Snape
Ozymandias = Dumbledore

EDIT:

Rorschach's character reminded me of Rust Cohle in True Detective. He also doesn't let go of the case for several years until he catches the criminal.

yeghor

I've noticed that Comedian looks a bit like Che Guavera (who reminds me of an old friend) who is usually typed as ENFP on some other sites.

That would mean the Comedian is an ESFP rather than an ESTP. That explains why he went through a nervous breakdown (due to Fi) and why was able to defeat Ozymandias (ENTJ) before, as ENTJs' weakest functions Se and Fi make ESFP. In a sense he was Ozymandias' archnemesis.

The problem is I've typed Silk Spectre as ESFP as well but she and the Comedian are quite different in demeanor, which would require a review of her typing.

Silk Spectre II is not very emotional, quite athletic and can hurt criminals without remorse. I saw her typed as ISFP on some sites but I think she is rather an ST type but difficult to say. She is not about duty and justice stuff so probably not a J. She is more action oriented than thought oriented so I would go with ESTP for her.

These two clips illustrate the difference between Ozymandias (ENTJ) and Dr. Manhattan (INTJ) quite well, as well as Rorscharch's (ISFJ) mindset. He is fixated on justice (lawfulness) against all odds.