User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is MacGyver?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTP

4 50.00%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

4 50.00%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
123 Last

Thread: MacGyver

Default MacGyver

MacGyver: ENXP
    Mac seems to waver between his thinking and feeling functions. On the one hand, in times of crisis, he is the epitome of an ENTP. On the other hand, and despite strong initial opposition at first, he always follows through relationally if a friend is in need.

Pete Thornton: ESTJ
    Pete is an administrator through-and-through. He makes sure that all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted, but his strong sense of right and wrong also yield an empathetic heart.

Jack Dalton: ESTP
    Jack is the classic doesn't-look-before-he-leaps type and quite capable of convincing others to go along with his schemes. He has no regard for anything that doesn't produce sensation of some kind. Fast-talking and risk-taking.

Murdoc: ENTP
    Murdoc has a taste for the theatrical. He monologues, has wonderfully evil Rube Goldberg devices, and his ransom notes are always a delight.

Dr. Zito: INTJ
    MacGyver's own Hannibal Lector rip-off, Dr. Zito has plans, contingencies, and more plans. Nothing he does is without specific reason.

Penny Parker: ESFP
    Penny does not care for grand schemes or big ideas. She loves people. She loves the stage. Not much else goes on in her head.

Thoughts?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've watched a healthy part of the first season recently, so based on that:

MacGyver: ESTP
    Se is high in this one. He lives for the moment. He's acutely aware of his surroundings at all times. He also falls in love with a new girl every week, but it always comes across as genuine.

It's possible that later seasons portray him more as an ENTP. I can't remember for sure.

I agree with Pete and Penny.

I don't remember Dr. Zito, Murdoc, or Jack well enough to venture a guess.

Se is high in this one.
    I agree with this. Season One, he's very much ESTP (if only to pull in ratings and viewers). He also uses a gun (as a gun) in the first episode, and Dana Elcar didn't originally portray Pete Thornton.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by litterateur View Post
    I agree with this. Season One, he's very much ESTP (if only to pull in ratings and viewers). He also uses a gun (as a gun) in the first episode, and Dana Elcar didn't originally portray Pete Thornton.
    At the end of the season he played Pete, but I didn't hear anything about the Phoenix foundation. He did play a different character in the pilot though. Confused the crap out of me.

He did play a different character in the pilot though.
    Right, Andy Colson

heart on fire

MacGyver-- ESTP

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

actually, Hannibal Lecter DID have reasons for those he went out of his way to kill...

Yanno that ambulence attendee in Tennessee? He was new and fucking up the vitals! Dead.

As for my man MAcguyver: ISTP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

quintessential ISTP

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Why ISTP vs ESTP?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

cuz he's not a partier! he's more like Henry Thoreau stuck in a bad 80s TV show about makeshift bombs