User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is MacGyver?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTP

4 50.00%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

4 50.00%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
First 123 Last

Thread: MacGyver

heart on fire

I am convinced, changing my vote to ISTP.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    cuz he's not a partier! he's more like Henry Thoreau stuck in a bad 80s TV show about makeshift bombs
    It's well known that his improvisational skills started when he was in college, figuring out new ways to create a better bong.

I'm still not convinced. The first half of the first season, yes, he was very ESTP: outgoing, adventurous, ladies-man (eg., "The Thief of Budapest," in which MacGyver globe-trots). As the series progressed, he became more bookish, scientific, rational (eg., "Hellweek," in which MacGyver returns to his alma mater). The last few seasons, he became very involved in social justice, SJ (eg., "Tough Boys," in which MacGyver hunts down a group of hooligans who trash the Challenger [Youth] Club).

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ISTP. Like an ESTP, he uses Se, but has Ti as dominant. He has to first examine complex systems with Ti and come up with a strategy, and use Se to git-r-done.

ISTP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

MacGyver is ExFx something.

Richard Dean Anderson is apparently entp (entj has been argued though), MacGyver is entp, i say N because he is not really into Bongs, nor any kind of enneagram seven-ish partying and retreats into a live style that is far from society, because society is too stupid for N people.
    he is obviously E, because he has zero trouble connecting to every person (lady) . there is noting F about him. he would never show his feelings, just be kind and smile a little. he could very well pull the Han Solo line (Leia: "i love you" Han: "i know"). he has zero trouble disconnecting from all the people (ladies) that he meets, he does not bound easily (honestly, emotionally), that indicates both T and E, because people are not a special thing to him, the come and go, exchangeable. there is no F in his live at all. no harbor or nest of sympathy or empathy. he has a single "friend" and he lives for the achievement of cold objective things only (fighting bad guys) or anti social things in his sparetime (fishing or something, essentially games)

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    Richard Dean Anderson is apparently entp (entj has been argued though), MacGyver is entp, i say N because he is not really into Bongs, nor any kind of enneagram seven-ish partying and retreats into a live style that is far from society, because society is too stupid for N people.
    he is obviously E, because he has zero trouble connecting to every person (lady) . there is noting F about him. he would never show his feelings, just be kind and smile a little. he could very well pull the Han Solo line (Leia: "i love you" Han: "i know"). he has zero trouble disconnecting from all the people (ladies) that he meets, he does not bound easily (honestly, emotionally), that indicates both T and E, because people are not a special thing to him, the come and go, exchangeable. there is no F in his live at all. no harbor or nest of sympathy or empathy. he has a single "friend" and he lives for the achievement of cold objective things only (fighting bad guys) or anti social things in his sparetime (fishing or something, essentially games)
    I agree completely.
    He always struck me as ENTP.
    He's definitely intuitive-ass.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I say ESTP, the most blatant trait with him is the Se-Ti system. Ti is well balanced by Fe, Mac Gyver express too philantropism to be an ISTP, ISTP is possible, but I think he's rather extrovert. He's well-off with Ne too.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default What type is MacGyver?

There seems to be a consensus to say that MacGyver is a TP. But a controverse about which one he is exactly. I've saw him typed as ISTP, ESTP, ENTP and INTP.

I'd say he is ENTP, he is pretty socially skilled and more in touch with Fe, driven by compassion for people and duty to the group, but he's more head in the cloud and cerebral than an ESTP. So ENTP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan