Thread: Type Punk Rock

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Richard Hell?
    but he read books and stuff. he was borderline genius. he was an image master, but for a symbolic purpose.

"part of the form of rock 'n' roll is having the courage of your convctions as a teenager, and doing stuff that would be outrageous and embarrassing to a lot of people, but constitutes a lot of your appeal to your audience because they like to see people turn themselves inside out in public. and for me, this whole style of dress and the way you look is a means, just like the combination of colors you use in a painting, for communicating. And it's only people who are scared and shy and threatened who find it necdssary to perceive that as a pose."

"I don't feel threatened by anything rock 'n' roll bands do. I'm very much an outsider, shy and lonely, but the essence of bein a rock 'n' roller is that you can create your own world there in spite of what everybody else thingks. and then, hopefully, it creates a world that other people are just as relieved and pleased to become a part of. and putting a hole in your shirt takes courage; it's saying, 'i don't give a fuck if somebody says i'm a jerk; i'm deliberately removing myself from them.' "

"I think ther'es a lot of basis for self-hatred. to transcend something you've first got to fully accept the fact that it exists. i would much rather listen to the music of somebody that hates themself and says it, than to listen to the music of barry manilow. there' san initial thrill of being able to release all this stuff that would have led you to just tear ytourself apart inside before. most punk rockders are very young, and i'm sure there's a certain number of them that will grasp the significance of what they're saying wand will demand enough of themselvs as human beings to go on to finding something else they can affirm. or else they'll die. that's the dilemma i'm facin right now: whether I'll die or whether I'll find something i can affirm. it's gotta be one or the other."

"it's the artist's job to be narcissistic, constantly analyzing and paying attentoin to yourself to see how things affect you."

"so naturally, if you invent yourself, you love yourself. the idea of inventing yourself is creating the most ideal image that you could imagine."
    \
    blank generation: i entirely reject your standards for judging my behavior.

"Adolescence is the point in your life where you are inevitably forced by circumstances to face the most crucial questions about life, period. and the extent wotwhich you maintain the attitude that you ahd as a teenager is the extetnt to which you remain alive, as far as i'm concerned. you increase your ability to opearate efficiently in the face o the environment you perceive as you get oldr, but that doesn't mean that the turmoil inside you is lessened any. i can't speak for anybody but myself, but i know that i haven't resolved any of those things."

this is definitely nf, i'm guessing infj.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Due to its total lack of cognitive functions, I'm afraid it doesn't have a type.
    Spoil my fun, why don't you?! :steam:

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    You know, Q, would you consider guys like Waylon Jennings, Gene Vincent and Johnny Cash to be punk rock too?
    i think of punk as an attempt to be provocative and elicit strong emotional responses from others. send an aggressive message. it's not punk unless you're trying to stir shit up and challenge something.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i think of punk as an attempt to be provocative and elicit strong emotional responses from others. send an aggressive message. it's not punk unless you're trying to stir shit up and challenge something.
    Agreed! (And after that text you posted, Richard = another ESTP?)

I have John Lydon's autobio upstairs somewhere. He's a dodgey, but very clever guy. Bristly, opinionated, not always fair, yet the care he showed for his mom and siblings is truly touching. After such a Dickensian life, I didn't blame him for being angry.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

outsider shy and lonely?
    a philosophical stance on art?
    turning yourself inside out?
    terrifying emotional turmoil?
    existential internal dialogue?
    discourse on good and evil?

the only estps i know i am extremely grossed out by. i'm interested to hear what you think fits in with estp. i have a tendency to round off my edges sometimes if i think or want to be right.

i read please kill me and from the velvets to the voidoids. the best book ever tho is psychotic reactions and carbureator dung. i want to know if lester bangs is an infp or an infj!!!!!!!!! or even an e something (seems VERY Ni)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    outsider shy and lonely?
    a philosophical stance on art?
    turning yourself inside out?
    terrifying emotional turmoil?
    existential internal dialogue?
    discourse on good and evil?
    Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now?

the only estps i know i am extremely grossed out by. i'm interested to hear what you think fits in with estp. i have a tendency to round off my edges sometimes if i think or want to be right.
    Ah, you've had bad experiences. Men, women or both?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Iggy Pop IS*P

Can't make up my mind.

Iggy Pop wikiquote
    infj

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

“Punk is musical freedom. It's saying, doing and playing what you want. In Webster's terms, 'nirvana' means freedom from pain, suffering and the external world, and that's pretty close to my definition of Punk Rock.” -Kurt Cobain(INFP?)

IMO, How can it be typed any differently then INFP, when it's been cleverly embellished on repeatedly, only to be done deliberately to satisfy ones internal desires?...

Punk Rock creates the excuse for one to rebel against the only real enemy... Themselves!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

well marlon brando makes me think of johnny cash, who might be an infj. but apocalypse now makes me think of joseph conrad, who is the only infj i hate (like you gotta choose between nabokov or him). but maybe you suggest i am, ahem, reading into the text too much. my impression of richard hell was that he was these things. his favorite book was against nature or some shit that sounded awesomely delightfully gleefully dark.

estp- just male friends, acquaintances, sports teams, etc. i could never ever ever get involved with a female estp, i would secretly hate her too much. i was under the impression that they are monsters disguised as humans. shadow much?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Yeah, either you like/jive with your shadow or you really don't. Doesn't seem to be a halfway.

I thought Johnny Cash was ISTJ? *rolls around in confusion*