User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Little Women

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default Little Women

One of my favorite childhood books was Little Women. Just out of curiosity, what types do you think the major characters have?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Mine too. Some discussion in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Mine too. Some discussion in this thread.
    Hey, that's really interesting. I would agree that Amy is totally SP. Meg is totally SJ and Beth is completely NF. Jo is NT??? Really? because that's the person I relate to most in the book.....I kept thinking - damn she is just like me hahaha

I swear even as a young lady I would act like she did. Are you sure?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Hey, that's really interesting. I would agree that Amy is totally SP. Meg is totally SJ and Beth is completely NF. Jo is NT??? Really? because that's the person I relate to most in the book.....I kept thinking - damn she is just like me hahaha

I swear even as a young lady I would act like she did. Are you sure?
    Well, no, it's just an opinion. I totally related to her character too, although she is more extroverted than I. But she doesn't have well-developed Fe, that's for sure. That's what gets her into trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Well, no, it's just an opinion. I totally related to her character too, although she is more extroverted than I. But she doesn't have well-developed Fe, that's for sure. That's what gets her into trouble.
    Yeah me either (Although I've learned to refine it with time, sort of).

Like her, I've always had grand dreams and worked towards them, very career oriented, willing to venture off into the unknown to do it, cast aside perfectly good marriage proposals lol, let my anger get the best of me at times, and yes, I would be the person claiming that logically, women should have the right to vote not because they are good or bad, but because they are human. I always acted in grand style (by myself because I was an only child, so I had to make the other characters up) making up my own theater based on history or my life, acted first, regretted later, been there for people who needed me, and even got swept away by a German intellectual.

(Scary thought: Today one of my students called me an intellectual thinker - I was like shit no!!!! Oh man how embarrassing!)

I think NFs can also come across like that, especially those of us who are really ambitious and willing to act on our dreams. We go into do or die mode and that means, get out of the way, the Panzer division is coming!!!!!

I think Jo is an ENFP - but that's just my dumbass opinion - and I don't know crap - but what do you think?

MBTI
    INTJ

I think perhaps ENFJ for Jo. I love her. She is one of my favorite characters ever.
    Beth - INFP
    Amy - Blah, she is so annoying. I don't know what she is.
    Meg - ISFJ maybe

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I totally see Jo as ENFJ.
    Meg seems ISFJ to me.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Somehow, I've always thought of Beth as an ISFP.

Amy...ESFP? I think it may be hard to tell, because she was still a little girl throughout most of the book. Preteens are hard to type, I should say!
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Jo - ENFP
    Beth - IXFP
    Amy - ESFP
    Meg - ISXJ

What about Laurie?

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, I could see Beth as ISFP. I almost put IXFP but I think she is more N than S, if I had to choose. I think Amy could be ESFP. She is hard to type though. Laurie... hmm. I love Laurie. For some reason I am worse at typing males so it is hard for me to say what he is.
    fidelia, what makes you think Jo is P and not J, out of curiousity?