• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Little Women

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my favorite childhood books was Little Women. Just out of curiosity, what types do you think the major characters have?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mine too. Some discussion in this thread.

Hey, that's really interesting. I would agree that Amy is totally SP. Meg is totally SJ and Beth is completely NF. Jo is NT??? Really? because that's the person I relate to most in the book.....I kept thinking - damn she is just like me hahaha

I swear even as a young lady I would act like she did. Are you sure?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, that's really interesting. I would agree that Amy is totally SP. Meg is totally SJ and Beth is completely NF. Jo is NT??? Really? because that's the person I relate to most in the book.....I kept thinking - damn she is just like me hahaha

I swear even as a young lady I would act like she did. Are you sure?

Well, no, it's just an opinion. I totally related to her character too, although she is more extroverted than I. But she doesn't have well-developed Fe, that's for sure. That's what gets her into trouble.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, no, it's just an opinion. I totally related to her character too, although she is more extroverted than I. But she doesn't have well-developed Fe, that's for sure. That's what gets her into trouble.

Yeah me either :D (Although I've learned to refine it with time, sort of).

Like her, I've always had grand dreams and worked towards them, very career oriented, willing to venture off into the unknown to do it, cast aside perfectly good marriage proposals lol, let my anger get the best of me at times, and yes, I would be the person claiming that logically, women should have the right to vote not because they are good or bad, but because they are human. I always acted in grand style (by myself because I was an only child, so I had to make the other characters up) making up my own theater based on history or my life, acted first, regretted later, been there for people who needed me, and even got swept away by a German intellectual.

(Scary thought: Today one of my students called me an intellectual thinker - I was like shit no!!!! Oh man :blush: how embarrassing!) :shock:

I think NFs can also come across like that, especially those of us who are really ambitious and willing to act on our dreams. We go into do or die mode and that means, get out of the way, the Panzer division is coming!!!!!

:D I think Jo is an ENFP - but that's just my dumbass opinion - and I don't know crap - but what do you think?

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think perhaps ENFJ for Jo. I love her. She is one of my favorite characters ever.
Beth - INFP
Amy - Blah, she is so annoying. I don't know what she is.
Meg - ISFJ maybe

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Somehow, I've always thought of Beth as an ISFP.

Amy...ESFP? I think it may be hard to tell, because she was still a little girl throughout most of the book. Preteens are hard to type, I should say!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Jo - ENFP
Beth - IXFP
Amy - ESFP
Meg - ISXJ

What about Laurie?

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I could see Beth as ISFP. I almost put IXFP but I think she is more N than S, if I had to choose. I think Amy could be ESFP. She is hard to type though. Laurie... hmm. I love Laurie. For some reason I am worse at typing males so it is hard for me to say what he is.
fidelia, what makes you think Jo is P and not J, out of curiousity?

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Beth was a musician which makes me think maybe SP. I was thinking ISFP, too.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Jo fits better with a lot of the ENFPs I know compared to the ENFJs I know. She is a little harum-scarum, her lack of Fe and candid expression of her thoughts and disregard for social rituals (like the day she went calling) would indicate more Fi I think (she lost that trip with Aunt March to Europe over it). She tends towards the sensational for money in her writing, but then feels like a sell-out. She is a little bit moody. She is very impulsively emotional and then thinks more afterwards. She is open to new ideas and seems to be drawn to Mr. Bhaer partially for his stabilizing influence and structure for her scattered creativity. She is outspoken, to the point of having almost proposed to him.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
What is Prof. Bhaer?

I think you could be right about Jo being ENFP rather than ENFJ.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Prof. Bhaer was the portly German man that she married and started a school for boys with on the estate that Aunt March left her.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh!!!! Whoops!

I think he's an INXX - yeesh, I'm not sure. Absent minded (that kind of sounds INTPish), well learned in languages, teacher. Patient though, good with kids, romantic at heart...

What do you think?