• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Julia Stiles

Usehername

On a mission
So, Economica mentioned her theory of Julia being an INTJ.

I concurred, and here is why.

She screams IXXJ (in the very private, calm, organized sort of way)
She appears obviously "tough minded" as opposed to "tender hearted" which makes her XXTX as opposed to XXFX
She doesn't show much of an ISTJ personality.
INTJ!

Also, just generally, seems like an introverted NT.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I mentioned my JS as INTJ typing here. I totally identify with her in the Letterman clip. That's all my typing is based on, which is part of the reason why I didn't post a thread like this one myself.

Edit: Also, has anyone seen the movie 10 Things I Hate About You? I'd say her character in that movie is INTJ and as far as I know that's the only time she's been truly lauded for her acting skills. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I really like Julia Stiles and I suppose she could def be an INTJ. I don't get the feeling she's an F so I suppose T. I def get the I and not totally sure but I watched another interview with her beyond the Letterman one and sorta got the idea that she's not all that comfortable socially sooooooo...

Interesting person.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no real reason. that's just my intuitive guess.

How do you perceive an ISTJ to act? That is, in a non-stereotypical manner.

She could be an INTJ with a strong Te, but I don't know about N.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
can you rephrase this? i don't understand what you're saying.

Well, you said she doesn't seem to have much of an ISTJ personality, so what is an ISTJ personality supposed to be like? How do you tell the difference from an ISTJ or an INTJ? That's all I was saying.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, you said she doesn't seem to have much of an ISTJ personality, so what is an ISTJ personality supposed to be like? How do you tell the difference from an ISTJ or an INTJ? That's all I was saying.

Have you seen the movie 10 Things I Hate About You? Her portrayal of the INTJ character (Kat) is pitch-perfect. She delivers lines like...

- Kat: Romantic? Hemingway? He was an abusive, alcoholic misogynist who squandered half of his life hanging around Picasso trying to nail his leftovers.

- Guidance counselor: So, I hear you were terrorizing Mr. Morgan's class... again.
Kat: Expressing my opinion is not a terrorist action.
Guidance counselor: The way you expressed your opinion to Bobby Ridgeway? By the way, his testicle retrieval operation went quite well, in case you're interested.
Kat: I still maintain that he kicked himself in the balls.

- Kat's sister: People expect me to be there!
Kat's dad: Kat's not going, you're not going!
Kat's sister: Why can't you be normal?
Kat: Define normal.
Kat's sister: Bogey Lowenstein's party is normal.
Kat's dad: What's a Bogey Lowenstein?
Kat: Bogey's party is just a lame excuse for all the idiots at our school to drink beer and rub up against each other in hopes of distracting themselves from the pathetic emptiness of their meaningless...
Kat's sister and the sister's best friend (chiming in): ...meaningless, consumer-driven lives.

- Kat: You don't always have to be who they want you to be, you know?
Kat's sister: I happen to like being adored, thank you!

- [talking about the prom]
Kat: Can you even imagine? Who the hell would go to that antiquated mating-ritual?
Kat's friend: I would, but I don't have a date.
Kat: Do you really wanna get all dressed up, so some Drakkar Noir-wearing dexter with a boner can feel you up while you're forced to listen to a band that, by definition, blows?

- Male lead: Hey there girly... how you doin'?
Kat: Sweating like a pig actually and yourself?
Male lead: Now there's a way to get a guy's attention huh?
Kat: My mission in life but obviously I struck your fancy so you see it worked... the world makes sense again.

... Striking the exactly right balance of challenging righteousness and socially awkward vulnerability.

I know, most actors have some range beyond their own type (and a few can convincingly play practically anything), but considering how much I identify with her in interviews as well, I'm very comfortable believing JS to be an INTJ.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you seen the movie 10 Things I Hate About You? Her portrayal of the INTJ character (Kat) is pitch-perfect. She delivers lines like...

... Striking the exactly right balance of challenging righteousness and socially awkward vulnerability.

I know, most actors have some range beyond their own type (and a few can convincingly play practically anything), but considering how much I identify with her in interviews as well, I'm very comfortable believing JS to be an INTJ.

Hmmm...that actually does sound a bit like me, methinks. What do you think?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it sounds like all of us. ;)

Edit: At age 18. :whistling:

So in essence, the scenario from a movie I have no intention of seeing was nothing type based -- unless you mean all NTs...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem to really hate your own kind!

You're the INTJ Uncle Tom! :alttongue:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See, this is why it's fun to have NT friends; each division has it's own humourous actions. ^_^

Usehername

On a mission

Hmmm. Well, that's a very good question.

I myself have wondered that.

Balanced N vs. S really gets me sometimes. I think it's the hardest one to type. I mainly just rely on pure intuition... and she doesn't strike me like the ISTJs I know. She reminds me more of me.

Or maybe the Crossing Jordan lead character, Jordan. (Played by Jill Hennessy.) She is INTX.

I think spotting INTX is generally pretty easy to do for females. NTs who are introverted females generally stick out. Or maybe it's because I self-identify so quickly. Who knows.