• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Julia Stiles

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Generally, ISTP girls have a tomboyish air about them. I'm not sure about INTP girls -- I'd imagine they're more masculine in persona, too, although maybe not really sporty or tomboyish.

ISTPs and INTJs tend to look alike, so I would've thought an INTJ female might generally have a tomboyish personality. In my experience, ENTJ girls are also extremely masculine.

Usehername

On a mission
Generally, ISTP girls have a tomboyish air about them. I'm not sure about INTP girls -- I'd imagine they're more masculine in persona, too, although maybe not really sporty or tomboyish.

ISTPs and INTJs tend to look alike, so I would've thought an INTJ female might generally have a tomboyish personality. In my experience, ENTJ girls are also extremely masculine.

I would agree with you (although I've never met an ENTJ female so cannot comment) but would like to clarify your point.

I think these female types have traits that are generally associated with masculinity but individuize them in a feminine way. That's certainly the case for me. People think I'm endearing and cute b/c I just plain am "not a normal girl". They think my need to figure stuff out is soo innocently childlike... anyway, I'm an INTJ who is clearly exhibiting traits generally associated with masculinity, but also I do it in a feminine style.

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
I would agree with you (although I've never met an ENTJ female so cannot comment) but would like to clarify your point.

I think these female types have traits that are generally associated with masculinity but individuize them in a feminine way. That's certainly the case for me. People think I'm endearing and cute b/c I just plain am "not a normal girl". They think my need to figure stuff out is soo innocently childlike... anyway, I'm an INTJ who is clearly exhibiting traits generally associated with masculinity, but also I do it in a feminine style.
I know of three ENTJ females working in my dept. (Well, one moved away in the past 6 months). All three are lawyers. None of whom would I call masculine, not even sure if masculine traits parading around in feminine heels would be appropriate for any of them. All three care about style and design even in clothing. Which is not to say that an ENTJ couldn't care about such things but not a back burner, that doesn't matter to me kind of attitude was present. One's married. One's too much of a pissy malcontent to be in a lasting relationship. Not sure the story on the third. She's one of the best dressed women I've ever seen and very sweet. I know she works hard but I've never heard any comments or stories about her to suggest a male associated cutthroat demeanor.

Anyway, I just saw Bourne Ult last night. Wouldn't have pegged Julia for an NT, though that role didn't have much to it. How much of the dancing did she do in Save the Last Dance? Not easy for a T to pull of graceful, fluid movement. I haven't see a lot of her work but never would've thought she's an INTJ. Perhaps I need to know more INTJ's in real life to tell. Seeing Julia INL would help as well too. Obviously, duh, but I guess if I saw more interviews or heard stories about her it'd prolly affect my opinion about her type.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know of three ENTJ females working in my dept. (Well, one moved away in the past 6 months). All three are lawyers. None of whom would I call masculine, not even sure if masculine traits parading around in feminine heels would be appropriate for any of them. All three care about style and design even in clothing. Which is not to say that an ENTJ couldn't care about such things but not a back burner, that doesn't matter to me kind of attitude was present. One's married. One's too much of a pissy malcontent to be in a lasting relationship. Not sure the story on the third. She's one of the best dressed women I've ever seen and very sweet. I know she works hard but I've never heard any comments or stories about her to suggest a male associated cutthroat demeanor.

Anyway, I just saw Bourne Ult last night. Wouldn't have pegged Julia for an NT, though that role didn't have much to it. How much of the dancing did she do in Save the Last Dance? Not easy for a T to pull of graceful, fluid movement. I haven't see a lot of her work but never would've thought she's an INTJ. Perhaps I need to know more INTJ's in real life to tell. Seeing Julia INL would help as well too. Obviously, duh, but I guess if I saw more interviews or heard stories about her it'd prolly affect my opinion about her type.

I guess there are two kinds of ENTJs, the ones dominated by Te and the once more dominated by Ni or maybe even Ne.

Technically, I actually don't perceive the ENTJ as an authoritative dictator, especially if s(he) is dominated by Te. Contrarily, I would expect a Te dominant to be a high-minded idealist type. The stereotypical ExTJ would actually be a lawyer type, concerned with balance and rules, which is partly why I felt the ENTJ directly corresponded to the abstract sign of Libra and the ESTJ corresponded to the more concrete sign of Capricorn.

The blunt and ruthless stereotype of the ENTJ is technically more dominated by Ne than anything. Or maybe the ENTJ is also just a more gregarious version of the Ni type.

I think that the INTJ can be just as Te dominant, but as an Introvert by current definition, s(he) will be more reserved in expression.

In Save the Last Dance, I can actually see Julia Stiles being an INTJ, because a lot of NTs are actually very proficient in dancing. I think, though, that the INTJ who is especially motivated would have an intense and serious focus on dancing if it's the INTJ's passion, much like she displayed in the movie. So although dancing is a Sensory-oriented activity, the way she practices in the movie displays the NT's core need for competence.

So in essence, both an SP and NT are interested in skillful performance, which does equate to competence. Where the SP is primarily motivated by practical, worldly concerns, such as enjoyment, the NT, and especially the INTJ, is extremely calculating in performance.

It's not just the SP, but it's all four temperaments that desire to make an impact in one way, and this is especially true if it is indeed proven that humans are gregarious creatures. Their way of making an impact are different, though.

Here's the way I see it:

In the case of S:

SP impacts by doing things in the present moment and being resourceful, seeing quick solutions to problems. But the motivation for a long-term impact (such as mastery) is generally more subconscious. As Ps, they are more liberal, so they have no problems with making changes in the here-and-now, especially when it's a practical advantage.

SJ impacts by conserving. More than the other types, the SJ wants stability. Their impact on the environment is by making sure everything is running smoothly. With the S and J mindset combined, the SJ lives in the here-and-now and is more concerned with keeping things running smoothly. The SJ is generally the most likely to adapt the philosophy, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

In the case of N:

NT is concerned with mastery. And as Ns, more concern is given to the vision of making impact. Where the SP makes a change, s(he) will likely claim, "Hey, doing it this way makes it easier." The NT envisions the change first, and the N function likes to play the "What If" game before acting, which is the root for the NT's tendency to over think.

NF is concerned with meaningfulness. Again, as Ns, more concern is given to the vision of impact. Unlike the NT, the NF is more in tune with other people's needs and desires. And so, the NF can have the gift for entertaining or inspiring others with internal visions, which can be accomplished through a broad range of fields.

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
Here's the way I see it:...
Wow, you're really versed in this stuff. That was very informative. Thank you. I'll try to keep an eye out for such things.

Years ago, I remember some friends talking about getting Julia attached to a project they were shopping around. I can't remember anything they said about her. Come to think of it, I can't remember who exactly mentioned her. This was before Save the Last Dance or The Business of Strangers came out. I wish I could remember then I would see if it fit in any of your explanations. She does seem really strong willed, like I don't think she could pull off the Julia Roberts vulnerability thing, which is not to say a person can't be both, it's just they're two different kinds of actors and I think that comes at least partially from type.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's something else.

There's also the dictator stereotype of the ENTJ. The same visionary outlook associated with being a power-hungry dictator can also be associated with being a film director.

The trouble is that of all the NT types, the ENTJ always seems to be one viewed as the "military hero." No one ever correlates the ENTJ with creative endeavors like the rest of the N types. As far as I'm concerned, though, the ENTJ is the ideal film director; Their Te seeks to organize the environment and their Ni helps Te to generate the Ni ideas into the external world.

But that's what the ENTJ does, he directs. He's not a dictator in the classical sense, but he dictates his film crew to act according to his vision. In essence, the film director is sort of a dictator.

Now the ESTJ would be more of the supervisor, possibly with an even higher status than the ENTJ. Stereotypically speaking, the ESTJ is likely the movie producer -- the business manager that makes sure the ENTJ isn't getting too carried away with the set limits. Movie producing is a more logistic field, corresponding to the SJ.