• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jim Carrey

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i could see entp too...i don't know enough people's types in person so i probably trust those sites too much.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
He just seems too animated and giddy to be an ENTP to me. There is no "coldness" factor or NT-style calculatedness with him at all.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right...you're right.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
My other option was ESTP or even J. He generally keeps within the bounds in his comedy, even though he is massively wild. Looking at his eyes also, he might be an introvert. Many comedians are, and just let it out on stage.

Reason I said ENTP, is because when I saw him fall off the chair the first time, I thought he so has to do it again. And he found the same sort of amusement I would've from doing it. He didn't quite come across as an ENFP though.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, if he weren't ENTP, the only other possible alternative I could see him as is ESTP. There's absolutely no freakin' way this guy is an introvert. No way. Even the best introvert actor cannot even pretend to be that extroverted (and energized among people) in a non-acting role.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ justification:

just as not all INTPs are scientists, not all ENTJs are business executives.

He is way too in your face high energy to be ENFP or ENTP (i know a lot of you will disagree, but IRL people that i know who take the test have shown me that ENXJ people are much louder/wilder than ENXPs IRL)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ENTJ justification:

He is way too in your face high energy to be ENFP or ENTP (i know a lot of you will disagree, but IRL people that i know who take the test have shown me that ENXJ people are much louder/wilder than ENXPs IRL)

I call bogus! Why, the very idea that someone could be more in-your-face than me makes me sick!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ENTJ's are the least laid back type. Jim Carrey is very laid back. Hence, Jim Carrey is not ENTJ.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ENTJ justification:

BC might have a point, his actor personality could ve very different from his real personality. But he seemed like an ENTP on mask so i am not sure.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
BC might have a point, his actor personality could ve very different from his real personality. But he seemed like an ENTP on mask so i am not sure.

But have you seen him in interviews/talk shows? He screams out P more than J. In his comedy act, he definitely seems N. And there's no doubt that he's a T and an E, based once again on talk show interviews.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
ENTJ's are the least laid back type. Jim Carrey is very laid back. Hence, Jim Carrey is not ENTJ.

Jim Carrey is rarely laid back. lol. His comedy is based on high energy antics.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But have you seen him in interviews/talk shows? He screams out P more than J. In his comedy act, he definitely seems N. And there's no doubt that he's a T and an E, based once again on talk show interviews.

if i was trying to be funny on a talk show, id probably "act more P than J" too. doesnt make me an ENTP. For example, how i act on Vent, is nothing like how I act in real life. People on Vent accuse me of being ESFP all the fucking time. Could Jim possibly be similar?

I just feel that his energy level is something that only an ENTJ or ESFP could maintain. Clearly he is more intuitive than an ESFP. Also, a rich ENTJ who hasnt been molded over in the business world, could EASILY get used to being laid back.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Robin Williams is an in your face ENFP too...on stage.

I think he's either ENFP or ENTP.