• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Veronica Mars

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
One of my favorite shows, so...type the characters. I'm really unsure on some of these, so I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.

Veronica - ENTJ? (more like Exxx, heh...)
Keith - ESTP
Wallace - ISFP
Weevil - INTP?
Logan - ENFP?
Mac - INTJ
Duncan - ISTP
Dick - ESFP
Beaver - INTJ
Lilly Kane - ENxJ
Aaron Echolls - ESFJ
Sheriff Lamb - ESTJ

theplacesyoullgo

I watched this once and wanted to like it more than I did. The main character annoyed me for seeming too eerily similar to me (great justification, I know). So, my gut instinct would be ENTJ, or at least EXXJ, but... with a grain of salt and all that.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I was watching my season one DVDs this weekend and thinking about the characters' types again. I think I more or less stand by my original thoughts, but I'd love to hear others' opinions. Veronica is so complex/well-developed as to be thoroughly confusing. ExxJ, but no real idea about S/N and T/F. Did anyone else watch this show? If not, I highly recommend it.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
It's always best to start from temperament and work from there. (Keirsey system)

She seems utilitarian, Idealist is definitely out and Guardian seems to be a huge no.

That leaves Rational and Artisan. She doesn't seem to be a pleasure-seeker or someone who lives in the moment. Rational seems to be a huge yes. She's always looking to understand situations better, logic rules.

Then we go to roles - Initiator, Coworker, Responder, Contender. She's definitely not a responder, she doesn't follow other people... she seems too fierce to be a coworker, not someone who's simply complementary in their style of work or working on fresh new ways of doing things. That leaves contending and initiating Rational. Or in other words, INTJ and ENTJ, respectively.

So is she the type to try to simply push her way through things regardless of others for her own goals? But she involves other people too much for that. This also comes down to the question of expressiveness vs. attentiveness. She's definitely expressive, so it looks like it's Rational Initiator, or Fieldmarshal/Mobilizer, or ENTJ.

I honestly didn't expect that, maybe I don't know the type well enough but she never came off to me that way. But there you go! That's how the process works, at least.

The others, I don't know. Maybe later.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like that analysis a lot. She doesn't resonate to me as a really strong ENTJ, but I honestly think that's because we see so many more facets to her personality than we do most television characters. But you're right that her outlook is definitely utilitarian and she seems a more likely Rational than any other type. And when I had my ENTJ friend watch the pilot, she immediately pegged Veronica as ENTJ. I'm so-so on the functional analysis thing, but Te and Fi are definitely Veronica. She's a methodical planner, and she has deeply held values and enacts revenge when they're violated.

Thanks for responding! I'd be interested to know what you think about Logan. I was waffling on ENFP for him, but I do think he's a really damaged Idealist.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't the pattern seeking she does very Ne though? Or am I mistaken?

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Isn't the pattern seeking she does very Ne though? Or am I mistaken?

I don't think it's necessarily Ne at work. The whole vibe of the show is kind of Ni, to me...Veronica intuitively pieces together the clues and formulates a plan of action, and then it's revealed to the audience. Pattern recognition isn't an exclusively Ne thing, is it? Her dogged chasing of clues is more structured, disciplined thinking than extraverted intuition, I think. Plus, even just considering the four letter dichotomies, it seems pretty clear to me that she's a J. She's organized and methodical, stress-cleans, and is generally decisive to the point of stubbornness.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Ooh, I just finished watching this show and loved it.
I definitely agree with ENTJ for Veronica.
I've heard Logan typed as ENTP but I'm not sure I buy that.
Weevil seems more like a sensor.
Poor Beaver, I think he's a different type than Mac, but one of them is probably INTJ...
I agree with the rest though.

theplacesyoullgo

I should probably give this show another shot, but I laughed a little at "stress cleans." That's so ENTJ.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
What about pre-trauma Veronica? The Veronica in the flashbacks was no ENTJ.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
What about pre-trauma Veronica? The Veronica in the flashbacks was no ENTJ.

Meh. It's an error in the writing IMO. They portrayed pre-trauma Veronica as a giggly teenage ISFP or something. Which she clearly isn't.......right?

actually, she could be INTJ. i know one that can be quite bubbly when he wants to be. then again, he's also kinda lazy, compared to veronica anyway.

let's go with XXXX then.. haha.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I'm not disagreeing that cynical-current-Veronica is ENTJ, I'm just interested in what type she used to be. I was thinking along the lines of ISFP, which could mean an interesting stress-induced 'flipping' of her personality. And that's pretty neat in terms of characterisation.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think it's possible that pre-Lilly's death Veronica was still some sort of NT. She was rather vapid as shown, but she was a teenage girl. I mean, I definitely don't see ENTJ, but something like INTJ? Not that I've ever met an INTJ like that.

But yeah, hard character to type! The writing surrounding pre-trauma Veronica probably is a little inconsistent. The graduation day dream sequence was also pretty interesting in that respect.

I think Lilly is also a tough character. It seems like it's between an SP and NJ...either she was what she appears: a reckless, hedonistic ESFP; or she's something else entirely. A manipulative ENFJ? I'm probably reading into that too much.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love Veronica Mars! ENTJ is probably right for her and ENFP for Logan isn't far off. I really don't know, but I think Kristen Bell is ENFJ and I definitely think Veronica Mars is 6w5.